June 28, 2024, 10:39:06 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Vita Slim & Vita TV

Started by Hiro, September 08, 2013, 11:53:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

how the fuck does sony justify charging so much for memory i cannot get over it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Snowy

Oh boy, another version of another handheld by Sony that doesn't sell.

bluaki

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on September 08, 2013, 11:58:25 PM
how the fuck does sony justify charging so much for memory i cannot get over it
At least with SD cards, there's actually a pretty significant difference in price between cards of different speed ratings.

but I just looked Vita's cards up and apparently they have been measured to be, at least in practice, 6~8MB/s, which is comparable to class 6 SD card and much lower than class 10 or UHS SD cards. The speeds can only be measured with Vita, though, so maybe there's a lot of decryption overhead or something pointless like that.

At least, by using proprietary cards, you can prevent people from having poorer load-time performance (and blaming the system and games rather than their card) when using low-speed cards.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: bluaki on September 09, 2013, 12:22:53 AM
At least with SD cards, there's actually a pretty significant difference in price between cards of different speed ratings.

but I just looked Vita's cards up and apparently they have been measured to be, at least in practice, 6~8MB/s, which is comparable to class 6 SD card and much lower than class 10 or UHS SD cards. The speeds can only be measured with Vita, though, so maybe there's a lot of decryption overhead or something pointless like that.

At least, by using proprietary cards, you can prevent people from having poorer load-time performance (and blaming the system and games rather than their card) when using low-speed cards.
stop tossing yer fancy words at me i wanna be ignorant and grumpy

Kalahari Inkantation

Quoteand 1GB of onboard storage.

why even bother

also sony itself sells a 64gb class 10 sdhc card for about 35 percent of the cost of this new vita memory card rofl

ironically it's the cheapest sd card of its size and class i can find, by a significant margin

ME##

sony had to be 'tough' on piracy so it created bullShit

it's just like nintendo's bs with online multiplayer

Kalahari Inkantation

no need for it to be such expensive bull$hit though lol

Kalahari Inkantation

also uh

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/09/sony-reveals-new-hardware-ps-vita-tv

there now exists a model of the ps vita that's only $100, minus all the touch gimmicks and portability

now this is something i might actually have to buy

Kalahari Inkantation

and new special edition vitas

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130909068/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

man are those things hideous

the second one in particular looks like someone took a page right out of the game's manual and printed it onto the vita

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Portable handheld designed for television...

Mando Pandango

okay that actually looks p great

now where are the games sony

Hiro

Quote from: #rektron on September 09, 2013, 10:42:07 AM
and new special edition vitas

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130909068/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

man are those things hideous

the second one in particular looks like someone took a page right out of the game's manual and printed it onto the vita
those two look awful, but this one looks p. good:

the blue, yellow, and red colors look nice too

Go Up