September 28, 2024, 02:22:51 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

YPrrrr

Classic

strongbad

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: udderfailure on September 13, 2014, 03:42:51 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on September 12, 2014, 10:01:19 PM
Well had a smash game ever been bad before?

uh yeah
lol
lol

Also 3ds isnt as gimped as i thought it would be. Megaman is conplete ass tho

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

lol

from what i've experienced there isn't anything patently wrong with it, to me it felt pretty much like a brawl+ (cue collective wail of agony from the tournies) which i don't have any problems with

[spoiler]

Some qualities of that """updated""" roster, on the other hand... awdood;[/spoiler]

Quote from: Tectron on September 14, 2014, 07:01:50 PM
lol

from what i've experienced there isn't anything patently wrong with it, to me it felt pretty much like a brawl+ (cue collective wail of agony from the tournies) which i don't have any problems with

[spoiler]

Some qualities of that """updated""" roster, on the other hand... awdood;[/spoiler]
rip ice climbers

Kalahari Inkantation

and snake (though his removal was less surprising)

Because having two of the most unique movesets in the franchise abandoned for palette swaps of Mario and Pit is exactly what I wanted out of a new Smash. awdood;

Idk i didnt really want anymore 3rd party characters in it. Pacman and megaman are only in as a marketing ploy. Pong assist trophy is copl tho. Ice climbers supposedly got cut because of the frame rate issues they brought on. Megaman is straight ass. Worst character without a doubt but im excited for the music he will bring.

The characters control better i think. Like most of the guys just felt like you're playing the same guy but slower or faster. Villager plays cp pletely different from mario who plays different than pikachu who plays different than link. Idk if i explained that right.

bluaki

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 14, 2014, 09:09:53 PM
Pacman and megaman are only in as a marketing ploy
How is Mega Man in as a marketing ploy? There's nothing to market. Capcom has canceled every Mega Man game that was supposed to release in the past four years and is intentionally killing the franchise. He's really just in as a relic of the NES era like Ice Climbers were.

you better believe that after "the kids" are reintroduced to megaman Capcom will whore that one armed bastard out.

YPrrrr

First review score: Famitsu gives the 3DS version a 37/40

Not that that means much
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 14, 2014, 09:09:53 PM
Idk i didnt really want anymore 3rd party characters in it. Pacman and megaman are only in as a marketing ploy. Pong assist trophy is copl tho. Ice climbers supposedly got cut because of the frame rate issues they brought on. Megaman is straight ass. Worst character without a doubt but im excited for the music he will bring.

The characters control better i think. Like most of the guys just felt like you're playing the same guy but slower or faster. Villager plays cp pletely different from mario who plays different than pikachu who plays different than link. Idk if i explained that right.
If they were going to do 3rd party I just wish they had put Simon Belmont in it...

Hiro

nah fuck y'all having megaman sonic and pacman is neato
but yeah megaman controls pretty oddly though i have more hope for the wii u version
i'm surprised this controls as well as it does but smash is still a console game
villager is really fun to play with though, and link feels a lot better

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, as well as smash 3ds plays i'll probably forego that version for the wii u one for now (though i'm likely to pick up the 3ds version at a far later date)

[spoiler=also, *not safe*]

muh pantsu :([/spoiler]

Go Up