September 28, 2024, 02:26:59 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Peggy on September 29, 2014, 02:10:24 PM
will probably like the Wii U version better though.
i don't think that even a question for anyone, the 3ds version is nice but the Wii U is the real version

klappa

both version will be shit

brawl was only the beginning

strongbad

YPrrrr

YPrrrr

Best newcomers in my opinion are pacman rosalina Robin and that chick from kid icarus. They're all quick and powerful. Bowser is also a huge improvement it's almost a bit ridiculous the power he has. So far worst character for competitive play seems like villager. A lot of his moves are so close range and barely provide the power to justify it

Also holy shit the online blows brawl out of the water

The artist formally known

Thank god Nintendo actually is doing online better

Classic

bluaki

Wii U release date confirmed: November 21 in North America

The rest of the world gets it two weeks later on December 5 (Europe) and December 6 (Japan, Australia)

The North American release date is the exact same day as the release date of Pokemon OR/AS. Because of this, I might not even play Smash U on day one even though I'll pick them up together.

bluaki

One more thing I missed earlier was an Amiibo announcement

We already knew that 12 characters would get Amiibo release alongside Smash U: all 8 of SSB64's default-unlocked characters, WFT, Peach, Marth, and Villager

Today the second Amiibo wave is confirmed to release in December: Diddy, Zelda, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Pit, Little Mac

I'm pretty sure we knew this already, but Nintendo said the 3DS version will get an Amiibo update later. The New 3DS and NFC adapter for old 3DS models both release in 2015 in US.

In not-Smash-related news, Captain Toad's game is releasing here on December 5, the same day the rest of the world gets Smash U. It's the second game that will support Amiibo, although we have no idea how it uses them yet.

strongbad

how do you guys feel about the new ledge mechanics?

YPrrrr

The artist formally known

Quote from: bluaki on October 07, 2014, 07:56:15 AM
Wii U release date confirmed: November 21 in North America

The rest of the world gets it two weeks later on December 5 (Europe) and December 6 (Japan, Australia)

The North American release date is the exact same day as the release date of Pokemon OR/AS. Because of this, I might not even play Smash U on day one even though I'll pick them up together.
LOL THE SAME DAY WTF NINTENDO ARE YOU DUMB

Hiro

Quote from: udderfailure on October 07, 2014, 10:24:47 AM
what's different about them

YPrrrr

Quote from: y-i on October 07, 2014, 08:11:44 PM
Quote from: udderfailure on October 07, 2014, 10:24:47 AM
what's different about them
now you are always guaranteed to grab the ledge and will displace whoever grabbed it first

Makes edge guarding a lot harder. Also significantly improved done characters recovery like lucario

Hiro

Go Up