October 02, 2024, 09:31:13 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, May 01, 2012, 12:10:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 07:57:47 PM
you're just rationalizing now, which won't help reach what snowy wants
he can either:
1) devalue socialization
or
2) learn skills to handle with socialization that will grant him more opportunities

I wasn't rationalizing I was being truthful. From my personal experience, the people at these gatherings are just misguided young people with no prospects and no sense of life, just looking for a trashy 'fun' time with other like minded individuals that support that sort of behavior and perspective. If anything, Snowy is ahead of the curb. I have very few lasting memories or any sort of powerful impression from any of these events which I have convinced myself to attend.

?????

I was depressed freshman, sophomore, and most of junior year at high school. I guess it was just a phase (albeit abnormal).

I think I was worse than you. I never went out. I could not imagine going to a party at that time :(
Die for Dethklok

snoorkel

i never went to a single high school party

i was laughed at by the Popular Kids and cried in my room
i'm still socially avoidant to the point of inventing conspiracies to force myself out of situations

I used to think i had compensated by advancing some relationships and gaining material security but materiality is cold and most people have abused my trust

now I've come to terms with the fact that i am a demented monster

it never gets better life is a trap

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 07:57:47 PM
you're just rationalizing now, which won't help reach what snowy wants
he can either:
1) devalue socialization
or
2) learn skills to handle with socialization that will grant him more opportunities i dunno i guess diagnoses are mildly helpful in helping to find those specific list of actions needed to create good results
they shouldn't really dictate anything, which what contemporary psychiatric practices do anyways

also yeah, i remember you have problems with being pushed over by kids
and something vaguely about bullying?
what do you feel when you meet a stranger in a room?
and what do you usually think when you do?

Yeah But "I have absolutely no motivation to do anything other than sleep, I've been avoiding my friends and people in general, and I've just been gloomy for the past few days.

I honestly cannot think of one thing I want to do other than sleeping and I'm not even tired. Sleep is the only thing that sounds appealing."

He framed it as the past few days though. It's stupid to say "welp, you're obviously depressed" after a few shitty days.

don't let's

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 04:20:19 PM
Maybe, but confusion is the best place to make decision like that from.

Life should in some respects be unhappy, and seem strange, even gray. I still feel like a street light sometimes, stuck in one place and always stooped over, shinning, but to oblivious passers by, never able to fully stretch upward, and maybe once stare at the sky, instead of the ground. Then there are times where an old man walks on by, his flaws and doom visible at once, while on the other side walks a girl, so concerned with her looks and image, such contrast of pure humility and complete vanity. Then there's me, unconcerned about what comes next, as long as I have this moment to live in.
But a street light does serve its purpose and does help people out during the dark hours.

Socks

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on May 01, 2012, 08:12:58 PM
He framed it as the past few days though. It's stupid to say "welp, you're obviously depressed" after a few shitty days.

I think the term depression is like addressing an itch without knowing what a rash is. Life is a very personal affair, some things you can control, others you cannot, but fundamentally we are always the source of our own understating. Once you relinquish that, it doesn't matter how you feel, as it's just a small boat in a vast, lonely ocean.

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on May 01, 2012, 08:17:40 PM
But a street light does serve its purpose and does help people out during the dark hours.

That's a heavy price to pay for the street light.

don't let's

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 08:24:11 PM
That's a heavy price to pay for the street light.

But you must remember that it does not know anything different and is incapable of knowing anything different.

??????

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 08:01:49 PM
I wasn't rationalizing I was being truthful. From my personal experience, the people at these gatherings are just misguided young people with no prospects and no sense of life, just looking for a trashy 'fun' time with other like minded individuals that support that sort of behavior and perspective. If anything, Snowy is ahead of the curb. I have very few lasting memories or any sort of powerful impression from any of these events which I have convinced myself to attend.

yeah, from your own 'personal' experience
doesn't mean it's embedded in reality, whatever that is
and you can't just generalize people like that, they're here to have fun
to forget, to escape, so of course they'll seem superficial
Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on May 01, 2012, 08:12:58 PM
Yeah But "I have absolutely no motivation to do anything other than sleep, I've been avoiding my friends and people in general, and I've just been gloomy for the past few days.

I honestly cannot think of one thing I want to do other than sleeping and I'm not even tired. Sleep is the only thing that sounds appealing."

oh, well of course
but depression comes in different shades (it's just a way of describing a general color, when hundreds of shades of that color exists)
and it takes different steps and different treatments and different ways to help them because people are different
asking him questions helps refine awareness
general cliche self-help answers are fine and dandy for some, but they're hard for others
his depression may fade away because it may be a teenage phase
perhaps they're the cause of environmental stress
maybe he can't reach his goals
there's a lot of causes and reasons
and to find the reasons can help him find results
and even if it was a teenage phase and he had no real root causing his sadness his feelings are still valid and authentic

(also i didn't read that post you've quoted cry; i was distracted by everyone else)

Socks

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on May 01, 2012, 08:27:59 PM
But you must remember that it does not know anything different and is incapable of knowing anything different.

And yet here I am, inspired by its plight, whenever I see the stooping, bent neck of a majestic and indignant street light. Forever destined to remain still and hunched.   

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 08:32:10 PM
to forget, to escape, so of course they'll seem superficial

Sorry if it struck a chord, it wasn't easy for me to say either, as most of what I spoke about was hosted by what where at one point or another people that I considered friends. I'm afraid it's just the sad nature of these affairs, which you yourself have generalized into ideas that are not necessarily positive in themselves. You can't make shit seem significant no many how many idiots gather around to stare at it.

??????

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 08:42:54 PM
And yet here I am, inspired by its plight, whenever I see the stooping, bent neck of a majestic and indignant street light. Forever destined to remain still and hunched.   

Sorry if it struck a chord, it wasn't easy for me to say either, as most of what I spoke about was hosted by what where at one point or another people that I considered friends. I'm afraid it's just the sad nature of these affairs, which you yourself have generalized into ideas that are not necessarily positive in themselves. You can't make shit seem significant no many how many idiots gather around to stare at it.
what ideas have i generalized?
and you can't just judge people based on their current actions, especially at a party
that's like judging people from a photo of what they're doing
calling them all directionless and having no sense seems a bit extreme~**~
why do you like coloring things in a grey tone when they can be purple or yellow akudood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 08:32:10 PM
to forget, to escape, so of course they'll seem superficial oh, well of course
but depression comes in different shades (it's just a way of describing a general color, when hundreds of shades of that color exists)
and it takes different steps and different treatments and different ways to help them because people are different
asking him questions helps refine awareness
general cliche self-help answers are fine and dandy for some, but they're hard for others
his depression may fade away because it may be a teenage phase
perhaps they're the cause of environmental stress
maybe he can't reach his goals
there's a lot of causes and reasons
and to find the reasons can help him find results
and even if it was a teenage phase and he had no real root causing his sadness his feelings are still valid and authentic

(also i didn't read that post you've quoted cry; i was distracted by everyone else)

Yeah, but my point being is sadness and desire for solitude and a lethargic mindset are ingredients for potential bigger issues, but not direct indicators. They are not bad things.

There is such a thing as having a bad week. Every single person goes through stints of "fuck this".

I get so disturbed and turned off by how quickly people decide to label their ailments as some sort of representation of something more severe. It's like getting a headache for a day or two and becoming convinced you have a brain tumor or something.

ncba93ivyase

sleep is nice

some weeks i'll have cycles in which i sleep five hours, get up for two-five hours, then sleep another five hours. i constantly feel tired when this happens but i'm just so damn relaxed

enjoy your sleep faggot there are chinese sweatshop workers who get none

also learn esperanto as a hobby

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Socks

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 09:15:23 PM
what ideas have i generalized?
and you can't just judge people based on their current actions, especially at a party
that's like judging people from a photo of what they're doing
calling them all directionless and having no sense seems a bit extreme~**~
why do you like coloring things in a grey tone when they can be purple or yellow akudood;

Well you mentioned why they might behave that way or seem to embody certain attitudes and realities but you think it is relative and I think it is representative, of... I don't know, a much larger truth in which these people live in and believe. It might be extreme but I don't think it's wrong. I didn't always used to color thing in gray, but, over a period of time, you will see that the yellows fade and the purple's blur and what's left is a charcoal landscape, burned and charred, because, after all, none of us are capable of living in a rainbow world with no consequences. Even Alice soon realized this.

silvertone

Go Up