October 02, 2024, 09:34:26 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, May 01, 2012, 12:10:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

May 01, 2012, 12:10:27 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:04:33 PM by Snowy

Samus Aran

Socks

I don't think that constitutes a wrong.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 12:23:06 PM
I don't think that constitutes a wrong.

If it bothers him, it is.

Snowy

Quote from: Cirno on May 01, 2012, 12:20:24 PM
In a word? Depression.
ugh not this again

I hit an all-time low last time I was depressed.

I think I'm going to fall lower than last time :(

Andria

Stop avoiding people then. Get out. Exercise. Do whatever to keep yourself busy and keep yourself from thinking too much.

Alternatively, take up heavy drinking

Snowy

Quote from: The Doctor on May 01, 2012, 12:46:46 PM
Alternatively, take up heavy drinking
Well I do know where the liquor cabinet is, so this is very plausible.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Snowy on May 01, 2012, 12:49:01 PM
Well I do know where the liquor cabinet is, so this is very plausible.
unless you're an author or artist or something i would steer clear of that.

What people told me to do was seek out a counselor, but I believe you're already seeing one if I'm not mistaken.

Echo is right in that you should get out and exercise and see people, but I know just as well as you do that it's easier said than done.

I went through the same thing when I was your age. I tell you this just about every time you post one of these threads. It's normal. We all went through the weird high school stage. I know when I was in high school I was very socially awkward and couldn't really communicate with other people. But then I signed up for the high school drama club and I eventually found a love for acting. You just need some way to constructively channel these feelings of depression. To "get your mind off things" as Echo put it.

but yeah, most of (if not all) have been in that weird place where we don't want to talk to people or get anything done. I almost let it happen to me today. But you have to grab hold of your life and say "I'm a human being" and don't let that happen to you. However it's been said many many times and you're the only one who can make a change in your life. Part of growing up is addressing issues instead of ignoring them. If you do the same thing over and over you're going to get the same result.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Snowy

yeah, I'll probably star working out in my room or something idk. I know that I should be around people but I don't want to be such a downer around them, which creates a loop that can never end until I just get over this. I'm in the school band but I hate it and I'm so close to the end of the year that I might as well stay in it for the credits. I'll probably pick up drawing or something soon that is very time consuming.

Socks

Quote from: Cirno on May 01, 2012, 12:28:29 PM
If it bothers him, it is.

Maybe, but confusion is the best place to make decision like that from.

Life should in some respects be unhappy, and seem strange, even gray. I still feel like a street light sometimes, stuck in one place and always stooped over, shinning, but to oblivious passers by, never able to fully stretch upward, and maybe once stare at the sky, instead of the ground. Then there are times where an old man walks on by, his flaws and doom visible at once, while on the other side walks a girl, so concerned with her looks and image, such contrast of pure humility and complete vanity. Then there's me, unconcerned about what comes next, as long as I have this moment to live in.

Samus Aran

Well yeah, you need stress in your life. A life with no problems means no betterment.

Socks

Quote from: Cirno on May 01, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
Well yeah, you need stress in your life. A life with no problems means no betterment.

Uhh you couldn't have misinterpreted my statement any more than you did or say something as horrible as you just uttered. Stress kills, dissent, dissatisfaction, that's what builds. Betterment doesn't exist, just a more clarified position of what you believe in and what you loathe.

??????

don't give snowy any advice
because it'd be useless for the depressed (they might feel guilty and give more reinforcement for their vicious loop)
at best, you can just relate with him to make him feel at least comfortable like what notsid's doing and subtly give him encouragement
Quote from: Snowy on May 01, 2012, 02:36:34 PM
yeah, I'll probably star working out in my room or something idk. I know that I should be around people but I don't want to be such a downer around them, which creates a loop that can never end until I just get over this. I'm in the school band but I hate it and I'm so close to the end of the year that I might as well stay in it for the credits. I'll probably pick up drawing or something soon that is very time consuming.

you don't really need to be around people if you don't want to
are you starting to become socially anxious?
TELL US MORE JUICY DETAILS ABOUT YOUR GEIGH LIFE

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 04:29:18 PM
Uhh you couldn't have misinterpreted my statement any more than you did or say something as horrible as you just uttered. Stress kills, dissent, dissatisfaction, that's what builds. Betterment doesn't exist, just a more clarified position of what you believe in and what you loathe.

I didn't interpret your post at all, I simply added what I consider to be a negative that is necessary for life. Betterment to me is more clarity in one's life, not some sort of level of actually being better in some way than one was before. So I don't disagree with you at all, I'm just wording it completely differently.

Apparently so differently that it bothered you.

Snowy

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 06:27:05 PM
don't give snowy any advice
because it'd be useless for the depressed (they might feel guilty and give more reinforcement for their vicious loop)
at best, you can just relate with him to make him feel at least comfortable like what notsid's doing and subtly give him encouragement you don't really need to be around people if you don't want to
are you starting to become socially anxious?
TELL US MORE JUICY DETAILS ABOUT YOUR GEIGH LIFE
ever since middle school I've been socially anxious. I fucking hate it and there's nothing I can do about it.

Go Up