October 02, 2024, 11:17:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, May 01, 2012, 12:10:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Clucky on May 01, 2012, 06:27:05 PM
at best, you can just relate with him to make him feel at least comfortable like what notsid's doing and subtly give him encouragement

i can't say i often agree with you, but now seems to be one of those rare times

at least, that's how it was with me when i was at my lowest. straight-up "advice" usually just annoyed me, particularly from people who seemingly didn't much understand me in the first place. that's what it felt like when i was in middle school as well.

actually, i think it was 9th grade, so high school.

Socks

Quote from: Cirno on May 01, 2012, 06:29:21 PM
Apparently so differently that it bothered you.

I smiled.

Also who says you have to be comfortable around people in social situations all the time? What some term 'social anxiety' I see as self awareness. It's not a phase or a problem, just a personality perception thing.

silvertone

Not Being on the COmputer / watching tv / playing videeogames All the time Literally helps your brain w/ social Shit like that.

Snowy

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 07:05:17 PM
I smiled.

Also who says you have to be comfortable around people in social situations all the time? What some term 'social anxiety' I see as self awareness. It's not a phase or a problem, just a personality perception thing.
I'm not saying that I have to be comfortable, I just feel uncomfortable in most social situations. I was at a party 2 weeks ago and I almost couldn't handle it. There were so many people that I didn't know and I was too scared to try to talk to anyone.

Socks

Then you're just a pussy if you can't even enjoy yourself in a crowd.

Snowy

Socks

I didn't think a single word could affect me that much.  saddood;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Snowy on May 01, 2012, 07:09:17 PM
I'm not saying that I have to be comfortable, I just feel uncomfortable in most social situations. I was at a party 2 weeks ago and I almost couldn't handle it. There were so many people that I didn't know and I was too scared to try to talk to anyone.
smoke a blunt bro
it helps your anxiety
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

Quote from: Haunter on May 01, 2012, 07:17:34 PM
smoke a blunt bro
it helps your anxiety
or, you know, make it Worse. just speaking from my own expierence tho.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Snowy

yeah I'm not getting into drugs

Travis

Quote from: Snowy on May 01, 2012, 07:21:08 PM
yeah I'm not getting into drugs
You're an Idiot, cannabis ins't a  drug, it's nature's gift that helps alleviate your pain and stress  doodthing;

Socks

Quote from: H.P. Lovecat on May 01, 2012, 07:18:40 PM
or, you know, make it Worse. just speaking from my own expierence tho.

I could see how that could be, but the blunt it not the issue here. It's OK if you're marginalized in a so called 'party' which are in themselves cesspools for degenerates, mostly, at least at this age group and with this social crowd. So it's not anything important. But still Snowy, you should just be able to hang around, watch things, think things, and be alright with it in your own way.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I don't understand why there's this automatic fucking need to diagnose a dry spell as some kind of inherent and treatable flaw. Call it a dry spell and keep walking in one direction.

Everybody has shitty days and shitty weeks and even shitty months. Instead of trying to find definition, find some results.

??????

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 07:23:06 PM
I could see how that could be, but the blunt it not the issue here. It's OK if you're marginalized in a so called 'party' which are in themselves cesspools for degenerates, mostly, at least at this age group and with this social crowd. So it's not anything important.
you're just rationalizing now, which won't help reach what snowy wants
he can either:
1) devalue socialization
or
2) learn skills to handle with socialization that will grant him more opportunities
Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on May 01, 2012, 07:35:00 PM
I don't understand why there's this automatic fucking need to diagnose a dry spell as some kind of inherent and treatable flaw. Call it a dry spell and keep walking in one direction.

Everybody has shitty days and shitty weeks and even shitty months. Instead of trying to find definition, find some results.
i dunno i guess diagnoses are mildly helpful in helping to find those specific list of actions needed to create good results
they shouldn't really dictate anything, which what contemporary psychiatric practices do anyways

also yeah, i remember you have problems with being pushed over by kids
and something vaguely about bullying?
what do you feel when you meet a stranger in a room?
and what do you usually think when you do?

Go Up