September 28, 2024, 11:28:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Samus Aran

what i don't get is that apparently bowser was literally killed at some point because in luigi's mansion he was "revived" as a sort of doppelganger by king boo

Nyerp

mario kills him every time he's a final boss goowan

Daddy

Quote from: Nyerp on December 22, 2011, 11:48:05 AM
zelda sent link back in time

he's physically gone from that timeline where ganon has been defeated
why

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on December 22, 2011, 02:45:33 PM
Wasn't it just a suit? confuseddood;

maybe but madame clairvoya says something like "i thought bowser had been swiftly defeated by mario!" and was surprised to see bowser in a vision. to me that always struck me as saying that bowser was supposedly defeated permanently. as in with death. but maybe not. it's vague.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on December 22, 2011, 02:46:25 PM
why

what do you mean why? it goes without saying. the game itself tells you that link was sent back to his original timeline, when he was a child. even without all this nonsense, that much was already obvious.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on December 22, 2011, 02:51:30 PM
I took it as that until I found out he was a suit.

even if it was a suit, that doesn't mean bowser wasn't dead. and nothing in the game mentioned a suit.

Kalahari Inkantation

zelda went back in time to feed metroid's pregnant mother meat when he found out that he (metroid) was a girl

Daddy

Quote from: Azunyan on December 22, 2011, 02:48:43 PM
what do you mean why? it goes without saying. the game itself tells you that link was sent back to his original timeline, when he was a child. even without all this nonsense, that much was already obvious.
But where did the child link go in that timeline if he was sent back to it?

Does he die as a teenager ;__;

Clearly some things in the past affect the future timeline like the well being drained (or Saria being a sage as can be seen by her still being in the end credits) so I don't see how Link living a normal childhood would prevent him from existing as an adult in that same timeline.  It's not really "time travel" when he turns to an adult but rather being sealed away for 7 years so he always ages in that timeline.  The time travel portion is more when he goes back in time.

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 22, 2011, 02:53:13 PM
zelda went back in time to feed metroid's pregnant mother meat when he found out that she (metroid) was a girl

i love you

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 22, 2011, 02:53:13 PM
zelda went back in time to feed metroid's pregnant mother meat when he found out that she (metroid) was a girl

FB was Father Brain

Daddy

Then what about Donkey Kong == Cranky Kong and then the new Donkey Kong = Donkey Kong Jr. WHERE DOES TAHT FIT IN

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on December 22, 2011, 02:53:43 PM
But where did the child link go in that timeline if he was sent back to it?

Does he die as a teenager ;__;

Clearly some things in the past affect the future timeline like the well being drained (or Saria being a sage as can be seen by her still being in the end credits) so I don't see how Link living a normal childhood would prevent him from existing as an adult in that same timeline.  It's not really "time travel" when he turns to an adult but rather being sealed away for 7 years so he always ages in that timeline.  The time travel portion is more when he goes back in time.

Right, the time travel portion is when he goes back in time. Like he does at the end of the game. Link disappears from the future, going back to where he belongs. The "present," as a child.

Child link, in his rightful timeline, inadvertently goes to Termina when trying to find Navi. What happens after that? Just look it up in the timeline thing.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on December 22, 2011, 02:55:34 PM
When you fought him as bowser, doesn't he come out of a suit after hitting him with the balls a few times? confuseddood;

Considering it's King Boo, who has basically magical powers, and is himself undead, I don't think it's exactly farfetched to say that it might not be a suit, and might literally be Bowser back from the dead. Just because King Boo is inside it doesn't mean it's a suit. It moves on its own while King Boo is outside of it, after all. The head floats around and shit. It might be the ghost of Bowser. It might just be an imitation of Bowser. It might be a suit. But it isn't definitely a suit.

Either way that still doesn't change that Madame Clairvoya makes it sound like the real Bowser is dead.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on December 22, 2011, 03:02:00 PM
Spirit of Bowser with Kingboo inside.

for some reason this strange use and lack of caps made me lol

Go Up