September 28, 2024, 07:21:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

8/10

you actually had me worried that you were one of those zelda 'fans' for a second :|

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

the only way i could possibly see the split timeline working is if link left for termina under the assumption that hyrule was safe at the end of oot, but ganon somehow escaped the evil realm or whatever it's called and laid the foundations for wind waker in link's absence (again, while link was under the assumption that hyrule was safe from ganon)

i still don't even know where tp comes in

Nyerp

that's wrong

study this there will be a test friday

Kalahari Inkantation

I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN THIS awdood;

Nyerp

the chart explains everything

Mando Pandango

honestly i thought i got it but the chart confused me
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Travis

Quote from: Nyerp on December 21, 2011, 08:13:22 PM
that's wrong

study this there will be a test friday
You're still missing the third split!!!! :)

Kalahari Inkantation

December 21, 2011, 09:05:18 PM #100 Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:13:27 PM by Tectrinket
so let me get this straight (redirecting from kazstream):

at the end of oot, ganon is sealed in the dark realm, no longer a threat to hyrule in the immediate future or in the past, and this is why young link feels safe leaving for termina to find this "friend" of his

and some time later, long after the events of oot and mm when link is no longer around or able to protect hyrule, ganon gets loose and sets the stage for wind waker ????

that seems like a serious stretch

and even if that is the case, i still don't see where the timeline "splits" because if what i'm saying is correct then it could still just directly go oot -> mm -> ww

Kalahari Inkantation

on second thought, that's not really a stretch at all

it's what i've thought all along

it's simple enough and it doesn't require a split timeline theory to explain

Nyerp

tecccccc you're missing something easy heeeeeere

majora's mask DOESN'T LEAD into wind waker according to this theory

the timeline split happens at the very second link arrives back in the past due to zelda's fuckery

the timeline where zelda has just sent link back and sealed ganon continues to exist parallel to the one where link is a kid again and runs off to termina

ncba93ivyase

It makes perfect sense to me

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 21, 2011, 09:26:12 PM
It makes perfect sense to me

the split timeline theory or nintendo's new timeline bullshit?

Go Up