September 19, 2024, 11:54:21 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pony thread? Pony thread.

Started by HeroofTime55, May 13, 2011, 03:33:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

BEST PONY

Twilight Sparkle
0 (0%)
Pinkie Pie
1 (14.3%)
Rainbow Dash
2 (28.6%)
Applejack
2 (28.6%)
Rarity
1 (14.3%)
Fluttershy
1 (14.3%)
I'm too cool to admit that I love this show
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

ME##

I was eyeballing this, um, Flowercuperina at Home Depot the other day.

Nyerp

you were also eyeballing a certain pony rider in one of them rockstar games the other day yes;

ME##

Quote from: Yusuke on June 02, 2011, 11:46:44 PM
you were also eyeballing a certain pony rider in one of them rockstar games the other day yes;

dem facial scars UNLEASH THE BEAST

Infel

I like Rarity, and dislike Pinkie Pie. There's a certain level of FUCKING NUTS before it becomes unbearable.

I like how the show is oddly nostalgic... Then again, Lauren Faust is on it, so we get the same feeling from this as we should from Powerpuff Girls.

And with Lauren Faust being only a consultant for the second season, this could mean some... severe changes to the show's content in the future.

HeroofTime55

Yeah, we're all somewhat worried about the second season and the future of this show, but the rest of the staff is still intact and they are well aware of the Brony peripheral demographic, who they have no desire to alienate.  The show will probably be fine.

Nyerp

if it takes a turn for the worse the brony club i run and i are planning on taking cyanide pills and riding ponies off the edge of the nearest bridge

HeroofTime55

Quote from: Windows ME on June 03, 2011, 12:45:03 PM
I like Rarity, and dislike Pinkie Pie. There's a certain level of FUCKING NUTS before it becomes unbearable.

oh and also rarity is a bitch whore and pinkie pie is amazing, so fuck off.

Seriously, Pinkie Pie is fucking amazing, everything that pours forth from her mouth is pure gold.  How you can like Rarity over Pinkie Pie is fucking beyond me.  Honestly what has Rarity ever contributed to the show besides conflict from her being a dumb bitch?

Nyerp

pony fight

get your hoove-shaped buttscratchers here everypony

KonohaShinobi

June 07, 2011, 08:27:10 AM #56 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:39:12 AM by KonohaShinobi
Quote from: HeroofTime55 on June 05, 2011, 09:02:47 PM
oh and also rarity is a bitch whore and pinkie pie is amazing, so fuck off.

Seriously, Pinkie Pie is fucking amazing, everything that pours forth from her mouth is pure gold.  How you can like Rarity over Pinkie Pie is fucking beyond me.  Honestly what has Rarity ever contributed to the show besides conflict from her being a dumb bitch?

I liked Suited For Success, she didnt cause any problems everypony just wasnt pleased so she tried her best she is the only other pony with a job besides AJ, making dresses for the Grand Galloping Gala, Celestia herself and any other pony plus the job she got at the end of that episode in canterlot, I think Rarity's cool she just hasn't had nearly as much screen time or development as any of the other ponies.

Pinkie's line at the end of her Cutie Mark Origin story where she said something like,"And that's how Equestria was made" or something was spot on though.

And Lauren has a lot of love for MLP:FiM, she isn't going to let the show tank in quality, esspecially when she knows how many dedicated fans there are. I can honestly see FiM blowing up as big as PPG, it's possible if it ever airs on anything other than HUB.

HeroofTime55

June 07, 2011, 09:35:03 PM #57 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:38:50 PM by HeroofTime55
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 07, 2011, 08:27:10 AM
I liked Suited For Success, she didnt cause any problems everypony just wasnt pleased so she tried her best she is the only other pony with a job besides AJ, making dresses for the Grand Galloping Gala, Celestia herself and any other pony plus the job she got at the end of that episode in canterlot, I think Rarity's cool she just hasn't had nearly as much screen time or development as any of the other ponies.

Pinkie's line at the end of her Cutie Mark Origin story where she said something like,"And that's how Equestria was made" or something was spot on though.

And Lauren has a lot of love for MLP:FiM, she isn't going to let the show tank in quality, esspecially when she knows how many dedicated fans there are. I can honestly see FiM blowing up as big as PPG, it's possible if it ever airs on anything other than HUB.

I guess I can agree that Rarity isn't really very developed, but what has been developed I don't think is too great.

And the dumb mule should have done all their dresses right the first time!

jk, that episode was mostly everyone else being dumb.

But, Rarity is all of the following:
-A fashion whore
-Obsessed with appearance
-Can't touch dirty things or do any degree of manual labor
-Obsesses over boys, and frequently tricks them into doing work for her

Just nothing that she's done so far is anything I can relate to.  She's less of a bitch mostly because it's a kids show and it would be improper, but she still comes off as a smug asshole.  Especially that accent.

I also hated Suited for Success, but that largely stems from the fact that I hate musical elements (when not done for irony/comedy, contrast: Every one of Pinkie Pie's songs), but also because it was one of those girly episodes where they do girly things and it just played into the stereotypes that the show otherwise works hard to avoid.  Green Isn't Your Color was a far better Rarity episode, IMO.  Though that could have been Pinkie Pie's fault to some extent.

As far as jobs:
-Pinkie Pie is employed at Sugarcube Corner
-TS is Celestia's student and is rather trusted to take care of things on behalf of Celestia, and probably gets a nice royal stipend for her efforts
-Fluttershy cares for animals, which is actually a 'job' in the ponyverse where animals are literally incapable of taking care of their own basic needs.  Unknown if she gets paid, I'd venture to guess it is more along the lines of volunteer work, but she lives outside of the town and probably farms in a limited capacity.
-RD's job is to clear the sky.  Also necessary since they broke the weather machine and have to do it all manually now.  This one is more clear that it is her job and she's very likely paid for it.

It'd be more correct to say that Rarity and AJ both own their own businesses.

Nyerp

[spoiler=average pony fan's daily thoughts]“Aw, don’t go yet Dash.” She started pulling out the rest of the organs, stopping at each one. “I know I can be a real painaceas, but you know I’m just kidney with you. You really got to learn to liver it up. Boy, these jokes are getting bladder. Guess ya gotta develop a stomach for them.” She placed the discarded body parts into a bucket, keeping the last one for bit longer. “Ooo, bagpipes.” she said, placing the tube in her mouth and the organ in her armpit. A spurt of acid hit her tongue. ”Eww. Oh hey, there’s your cupcake, Dash.”

Dash, didn’t hear her. She had slipped from conciseness minutes ago. Pinkie, not satisfied yet, hit her with another adrenaline shot. Dash woke up for the last time, her heart jumping. Her blood flowed out faster; it wouldn’t be long now.

Pinkie put Dash on her down her back and straddled her chest, scalpel at the ready.

“Ya know, Rainbow Dash, I’m disappointed. I thought you would have lasted longer. I really wanted to spend more time with you before we got here. But I guess it’s my fault, I should have taken it a little slower. Oh well, it was really was nice knowing you, Dash”.

The blade sunk into the blue one’s throat and worked its way up her chin. Coming back down, it circled around her neck. The last thing Dash felt was her skin being cut away from her skull, the metal scraping her teeth.

Then she was gone.

Pinkie Pie stared into the mirror. She did a really good job, even keeping the eyelids. She winked, Dash winked back. Pinkie smiled.

But still, she was sad that her friend was now gone. It only lasted fifty minutes, not nearly as long as she wanted. She looked back the cadaver hanging there in the center of the room, the last of its fluids draining in to the pan. Yup, no more Rainbow Dash.

Then Pinkie cocked her head. She was starting to take notice of the fact that there really wasn’t that much damage. “It fact”, she began to think “I think….” An idea exploded in her head. She was good at sewing and she had all the pieces, all she had to do put her back together. Yeah, just get some stuffing and bingo, she’d have Rainbow Dash forever. In fact, that’s what she’d do for all her friends when their numbers came up. She was so excited, she skipped over to the body with the skinner to get started. The cupcakes can wait; Pinkie had a friend to make.

Silver Spoon suddenly woke up. She was on her back and couldn’t move. She couldn’t see. Where was she? Freaking out, she was just about to scream when the pony from the bakery appeared in front of her.

“HI!” she giggled

“Where am I, what’s going on”? The frightened little foal asked.

“Oh, well, you see, your number came up and I gotta make cupcakes.” Pinkie explained.

“W…wha….what does that mean. What are you talking about”?

“Oh, nothing. I wouldn’t worry it if I was you. It’ll be over soon.” She approached the girl, scalpel at the ready when a small voice called out from behind.

“Miss Pinkie, what are you doing”?

She paused and turned to look at Apple Bloom. The yellow baby pony walked up to her with an angry look on her face. Silver Spoon started to feel relived.

“Ah can’t believe your doing this.” She pouted. ”you said this one was gonna be mine.

Pinkie apologized “Oops, sorry about that, guess I got forgot. Here you go.” She handed the blade over.

Apple Bloom climbed on the table and stood over her prey. Silver Spoon tried to struggle. She stared in fear at Apple Bloom and her apron. The pink apron with a shiny tiara on it. Silver Spoon started to cry.

Apple Bloom grinned and open her mouth “Hey, Silver Spoon, guess who gonna be a blank flank”?[/spoiler]

don't let's

Now that needs to be animated

Go Up