What are your opinions on Nintendo's actual plans for the eighth generation?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 20, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

lol

yay
6 (60%)
nay
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

ME##

i don't like playing online with ~strangers~, especially when they have mikes~~

Andria

Quote from: Kotomaru on April 21, 2011, 03:16:44 PM
i don't like playing online with ~strangers~, especially when they have mikes~~

don't you like being called derogatory names though?

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

Bushy

Quote from: Ashitaka on April 21, 2011, 02:58:49 PM
I still don't play any games online  n_u
But games weren't judged based on if they had online or not back in the day.

Not that I hate the online feature in any game... Except fighting games. Fuck lag.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

just1more

I voted yay, but I honestly don't care what they do. I doubt I'll be investing money into another console anytime soon. I'm content with my 360, and I barely even play that anymore as it is.

Aside from that, Nintendo would have to make itself more attractive to developers before it can attract hardcore gamers again.

Bushy

No Nintendo, you may not release an actual console gamers (hate the word 'gamers' blegh) will enjoy.

Not like any developers take you seriously anymore.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Wrench

Quote from: Kenstar on April 22, 2011, 06:49:59 PM
october 2011? jesus christ that better be completely wrong awdood;

Why is that so awful? Looks really freaking cool to me. Even though it would be wise to wait a few years, why not get a head start on the competition?

Samus Aran

Quote from: RanchNinja on April 22, 2011, 09:58:02 PM
Why is that so awful? Looks really freaking cool to me. Even though it would be wise to wait a few years, why not get a head start on the competition?

we've been over this already - rushing things just lessens the time that developers have and thus we'll end up with underpowered competitor consoles and terrible, underdeveloped games to start with (though that may happen anyway lol)

besides, i'm personally really not ready for the temptation to throw down so much cash on a console again already

i mean, while it's cool that we're getting some insight on the next generation, this is a lot earlier than expected and i just don't want to see things rushed so much

ME##

Yes.  And launching it in the same calendar year as its new handheld system will almost surely mean one of them will see absolutely northing from Nintendo itself during the crucial launch period and time when ports start to slow down.~

don't let's

Well Nintendo seems to release a new console about every six years so this would be about in line with that schedule.

Wrench

Quote from: Kenstar on April 22, 2011, 10:14:33 PM
we've been over this already - rushing things just lessens the time that developers have and thus we'll end up with underpowered competitor consoles and terrible, underdeveloped games to start with (though that may happen anyway lol)

besides, i'm personally really not ready for the temptation to throw down so much cash on a console again already

i mean, while it's cool that we're getting some insight on the next generation, this is a lot earlier than expected and i just don't want to see things rushed so much

Yeah, that's true. I didn't even think that it would force devs to rush with games. It is possible that development has been going on for a while though. Nintendo's obviously been making Project Cafe for a while, but rumors/news just came out now. Maybe developers have been hard at work as well?

I'm hoping it stays closer to the $350 area. If so, I might be able to get it after Christmas.  Oh god, I think I'm getting a 3DS and Project Cafe within 12 months. ;_;

Go Up