July 01, 2024, 01:37:18 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Started by strongbad, January 27, 2011, 04:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Panty on January 27, 2011, 06:02:16 PM
i like game & watch goowan
black power

and I couldn't be touched with Dk in Melee, also I was good with Marth and Dr. Mario.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Panty on January 27, 2011, 06:02:16 PM
i like game & watch goowan

me too akudood;

i liked him too actually goowan

but there are so many more characters i'm compatible with in brawl :'(

burzumfan420

im a mr game and watch GOd. IBITCH FUCK WITH ME

Hiro

Quote from: Lookout, it's fucking Not Sid! on January 27, 2011, 07:16:41 PM
black power

and I couldn't be touched with Dk in Melee, also I was good with Marth and Dr. Mario.
shit, i forgot about dr mario

Nyerp

Quote from: villinman666 on January 27, 2011, 06:06:39 PM
i played brawl 2 much 2 go back to melee

i know what you mean

melee might play a little better but it just has less befuddlement

burzumfan420

Quote from: Panty on January 27, 2011, 07:32:53 PM
i know what you mean

melee might play a little better but it just has less befuddlement

if they took out the  smash ball replaced lucario with mewtwo  roy/ike  bring pichu back in  it be a truely better

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

burzumfan420

Quote from: Presea on January 27, 2011, 07:36:41 PM
pichu sucks
you go fuck yourself and go suck black dicks like man looking

strongbad

Quote from: Tyler on January 27, 2011, 05:42:45 PM
And I'm guessing if you get beat you'll start crying and hate the game.

No doodthing;
I play this game a lot and I lose a lot. My friend Danny beats me like 70% of the time, but honestly when I play, I'm playing to improve my game, not to win. Sure, it's fun to win, but I get a lot less satisfaction from winning than I do for pulling off a good technique or combo.

Quote from: Presea on January 27, 2011, 05:44:25 PM
when people start playing competitively, do they automatically lose sight of the fact that most competitive players are total douches?

it's a bad community that's incredibly ignorant of the ability to have fun. not saying you're like that, just saying...most tourneyfags are really, really annoying.

so it's certainly true that competitive players sometimes suck the fun out of a game - but sometimes not. just depends on who you're with, and what the game is.

This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me, but I only have good things to say about the Melee community. I spend a LOT of time lurking Smash Boards (biggest Smash Bros. forums, where people post about major tournys, etc), and there are very thorough guides, and if somebody is asking for help and can't be assisted with a stickied topic, people are more than willing to help.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't respect people who don't play Smash competitively or anything, I just enjoy it competitively more. I feel like multiplayer games are made for their competitive nature, and with Smash especially, the better you get and the better your opponent gets, the more fun the games are. I enjoy Smash way more now than I did before I started playing excessively and researching advanced techniques.

Quote from: Hurluberlu on January 27, 2011, 05:44:55 PM
If that's what you want to believe.  Playing a game with a friend is fun, but adding 'srs bisness' by making it a competition is just boring. 

I'm saying "Competitive Smash" because we are starting to play at a level above most players. It's still just my friends and I. Sometimes we'll have 6 people in my room (bottom 2 drop out each game) and most of them are awful, but it's still really fun. We do have plans to go to tournaments in the future, but we want to up our game more first.

I find it funny how "Competitive Super Smash Bros." is such a controversial thing. Not necessarily in this thread, but in general. People just play how they want to play, if you don't like it, don't play that way.

Nyerp

it's a game about a fat italian plumber fighting a pink vacuum monster and an electric mouse

Dullahan

Lots of memories with SSBM. Played it all the time as a kid.

Always stuck with Yoshi. I am awesome with him.

Well, at least I used to be. akudood;

YPrrrr

I love smash and sometimes wish I still played Melee, but I can't go back to the days of air dodging and then being helpless in the air. Terrible. I can go back to the original, but Melee is so foreign to me now that I fear I might actually lose if I played it. I prefer to play Brawl because I enjoy crushing the egos of anyone who thinks they're hot shit n_u

Not as good as I used to be because I'm out of practice, but I'm still pretty damn good and I don't usually like to brag girl;
Quote from: Presea on January 27, 2011, 04:59:39 PM
Whenever I actually do play it, which is rare, Samus is generally my go-to girl. She's kind of overpowered I know, but hey, use what you got right? And honestly in my experience missile spam is a really shitty tactic anyway lol. And I think everyone's wised up to the ol' fire a missile then immediately fire off a charged beam shot thing.
In my opinion Samus is one of the worst characters in the smash series, particularly in the original and in Brawl. Samus kind of signifies the casual SSB player to me because they fall in love with her charge beam and how it can blast someone off the stage. If I ever get hit with one I feel extremely embarrassed girl;

But yeah, personally I'd rather have Ganondorf or Zelda over Samus any day even though they're typically lower tier; mostly because of her terrible, terrible up smash

mariofreak

I used to rape with fox. Actually I just raped non competitive smashers. I think I would win every game against people who were just regular gamers and was probably very close to not winning anything in real tournaments with people who knew advanced techs. basically I was that kid who could impress my neighborhood but in the back of my head i knew i was never really that good ;_;

Nyerp

i really don't see how smash bros. is designed to be anything but a party game

Go Up