July 08, 2024, 10:16:22 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Xbox

Started by Hiro, November 02, 2010, 08:03:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

Quote from: Nyerp on November 05, 2010, 09:54:50 AM
transformers: war for cybertron is rated teen

It was an example of a game without a mute button. Predicting the entire library of my collection with one game is rather stupid.

?????

Quote from: Volvagia on November 05, 2010, 10:37:32 AM
It was an example of a game without a mute button. Predicting the entire library of my collection with fuck game is rather stupid.

It still doesn't make sense to say:
Maybe 13 year olds should stop getting their parents to buy games above their age limit.
Die for Dethklok

Volvagia

Quote from: TheSequel on November 05, 2010, 08:07:47 PM
It still doesn't make sense to say:
Maybe 13 year olds should stop getting their parents to buy games above their age limit.

International rating systems are different to American ones.

Universal Ratings: 12+, (12), 15, 16+, (18)
American Ratings: E, T, M

Rated T here means jack shit really. Take into consideration that most UK people don't play Americans because of the latency being horrible as shit, so E, T and  M means jack shit really to people who are from Europe, most games when they search for opponents never show Americans due to the latency. I was stating the Universal Rating System, or rather PEGI as they call it now.

Hiro

Quote from: Volvagia on November 07, 2010, 09:01:08 AM
International rating systems are different to American ones.

Universal Ratings: 12+, (12), 15, 16+, (18)
American Ratings: E, T, M

Rated T here means jack shit really. Take into consideration that most UK people don't play Americans because of the latency being horrible as shit, so E, T and  M means jack shit really to people who are from Europe, most games when they search for opponents never show Americans due to the latency. I was stating the Universal Rating System, or rather PEGI as they call it now.
Where do you get the idea that it's the "Universal" system? It's used for Europe. Unless that was its name at one point, which I can't seem to find any evidence of.
Still, this "argument" is beginning to get too far from its original point.

ME##

It's always been PEGI. confuseddood;

And it really isn't all that unversial seeing as both Finland and Portugal have special ratings, and Germany usually overrides it with its USK system.

Classic

Ratings are so silly.

Volvagia

November 07, 2010, 09:59:16 AM #81 Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:02:20 AM by Volvagia
Quote from: Admin on November 07, 2010, 09:14:13 AM
Where do you get the idea that it's the "Universal" system? It's used for Europe. Unless that was its name at fuck point, which I can't seem to find any evidence of.
Still, this "argument" is beginning to get too far from its original point.

It's normally regarded as the universal system when it comes to movies and such. If anything, your argument in the original stand point was nothing but poking at a word I used, that isn't an argument, just nitpicking.

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on November 07, 2010, 09:21:35 AM
It's always been PEGI. confuseddood;

And it really isn't all that unversial seeing as both Finland and Portugal have special ratings, and Germany usually overrides it with its USK system.

It hasn't always been PEGI either for the UK. It was once called the ELSPA some games prior 2003 have these ratings. fuck off the top of my head I know has this style of rating is Smash Bros. Melee. We adopted the PEGI system in the past few years at some point. Most of my PS2 games have ELSPA too. Check the box via google or something.

Hiro

Quote from: Volvagia on November 07, 2010, 09:59:16 AM
It's normally regarded as the universal system when it comes to movies and such. If anything, your argument in the original stand point was nothing but poking at a word I used, that isn't an argument, just nitpicking.
I wasn't nitpicking, it's not a universal system  doodhuh;

Volvagia

Quote from: Admin on November 07, 2010, 10:03:23 AM
I wasn't nitpicking, it's not a universal system  doodhuh;

Regardless if it is or not, it is referred to as the universal system. If it's referred to as fuck, it doesn't actually have to be fuck. It's what it's called when refereed to by any form of digital media outlet, a majority of people say Universal Rating over PEGI. I'm practically running round in circles repeating myself, so that's the explanation you're left with.

The only logical thing I can think to as why it is refereed to as the Universal Rating is because it covers the majority of the word whilst ESRB only covers America (And possibly Australia? I'm not sure actually if they use PEGI or ESRB as they're in the PAL District, but it's more than possible that they do use ESRB. I have no clue what Japan use or I would state that for Asia too.) but almost all of Europe uses PEGI, as far as I know.

Hiro

Quote from: Volvagia on November 07, 2010, 10:13:17 AM
Regardless if it is or not, it is referred to as the universal system. If it's referred to as fuck, it doesn't actually have to be fuck. It's what it's called when refereed to by any form of digital media outlet, a majority of people say Universal Rating over PEGI. I'm practically running round in circles repeating myself, so that's the explanation you're left with.
How should I know that it's referred to as such? I don't live in Europe, nor do I read European gaming news.

Quote from: Volvagia on November 07, 2010, 10:13:17 AM
The only logical thing I can think to as why it is refereed to as the Universal Rating is because it covers the majority of the word whilst ESRB only covers America (And possibly Australia? I'm not sure actually if they use PEGI or ESRB as they're in the PAL District, but it's more than possible that they do use ESRB. I have no clue what Japan use or I would state that for Asia too.) but almost all of Europe uses PEGI, as far as I know.
Australia uses their own system, Japan uses CERO.

ikanaide

Nyerp

calm down i was just trolling

YPrrrr

EVERYONE IS MAD

Also you can't really call out sony fanboys when you are a 360 fanboy  doodhuh;

BIAS BIAS BIAS

[spoiler]All I play at college is xbox, at home I have PS3... I'd say both are great, but you only need one; personally I'm happier to not be paying monthly fees so I love my triple[/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: YPR on November 07, 2010, 10:35:04 AM
fuck;

Oh wow, I love how that came out Aubrey. n_u

[spoiler]inb4 explanation of why that came out

I KNOW 5thgrade;[/spoiler]

ME##

I like how I get accused of being a fanboy when I'd be willing to have an Xbox if it had value to me.

Go Up