October 04, 2024, 12:30:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

IS THERE GOING TO BE NO NEXT GEN

Started by Daddy, September 27, 2010, 03:34:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Although not among the main TV-connected consoles, I believe Nintendo's 3DS will start the 8th console generation.
Quote from: YPR on September 27, 2010, 03:43:33 PM
Somebody's going to have to make the gimmicky 3D console after all
It even does this.

Being so far behind in hardware, to the extent that 3DS is more powerful than Wii, I think Nintendo's likely to be the first to release a new non-handheld console as well. It doesn't look like Microsoft or Sony will want to make a new console for a few years after just releasing major motion accessories.

Nyerp

um bluaki 3ds doesn't count as a console

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on September 28, 2010, 05:14:37 AM
um bluaki 3ds doesn't count as a console
it's still a next-gen game system  akudood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Hïro on September 28, 2010, 10:03:52 AM

uh it won't start the next generation of consoles doodthing;

ME##

Quote from: Hïro on September 28, 2010, 10:03:52 AM

No, just no.  goonish

Beyond that, the PSP and DS are considered to be in the same generation as the PS2, so the new handhelds will be in this generation which hasn't been 'next gen' since 2006.

Thyme

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 28, 2010, 10:13:40 AM
Beyond that, the PSP and DS are considered to be in the same generation as the PS2, so-

what no

Hiro

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 28, 2010, 10:13:40 AM
No, just no.  goonish

Beyond that, the PSP and DS are considered to be in the same generation as the PS2, so the new handhelds will be in this generation which hasn't been 'next gen' since 2006.
wat
the ps2 is the same gen as the gamecube, and the gba is the same gen as the game cube
DS and PSP came out later, so they're more next-gen.
It seem like the handhelds are coming out in the middle of a system's life, between console releases.

The DS goes with the Wii.  baddood;

Quote from: Nyerp on September 28, 2010, 10:05:36 AM
uh it won't start the next generation of consoles doodthing;
never said it would, but it is a next-gen handheld system.

Classic

3DS will be next-gen for handhelds, not consoles.

Microsoft and Sony have both said they want their systems to go on for 10+ years...meaning 5 of them have passed.
Nintendo could go for graphics and online updates, but the Wii is still selling so I'm assuming they'll just wait out on going to the Wii2 (although Iwata stated it was in development).

Hiro

Quote from: 鉄腕アãÆ'ˆãÆ'  on September 28, 2010, 10:24:16 AM
3DS will be next-gen for handhelds, not consoles.

Microsoft and Sony have both said they want their systems to go on for 10+ years...meaning 5 of them have passed.
Nintendo could go for graphics and online updates, but the Wii is still selling so I'm assuming they'll just wait out on going to the Wii2 (although Iwata stated it was in development).
exactly this

I'm guessing the next Nintendo console will probably be out in about 2-3 years or so, while the PS4/Xbox3 will likely be out in about 3 or 4 years.

Classic

NO HIRO, YOU MISSED THE POINT

Microsoft and Sony, if they follow what they've said, will have a console until 2015-2017.
Nintendo, on the other hand, could pull an E3 and show us Wii 2 anytime. They never said it's meant to last 10-12 years like the other systems. Even Miyamoto has said Wii2 is in development, and that graphics, online, and HD were going to be priorities.

So by the time the 360 and PS3 have had successors announced, Wii2 could easily go to Wii3.

Hiro

Quote from: 鉄腕アãÆ'ˆãÆ'  on September 28, 2010, 10:30:34 AM
NO HIRO, YOU MISSED THE POINT

Microsoft and Sony, if they follow what they've said, will have a console until 2015-2017.
Nintendo, on the other hand, could pull an E3 and show us Wii 2 anytime. They never said it's meant to last 10-12 years like the other systems. Even Miyamoto has said Wii2 is in development, and that graphics, online, and HD were going to be priorities.

So by the time the 360 and PS3 have had successors announced, Wii2 could easily go to Wii3.
I DIDN'T MISS THE POINT
I was just giving my predictions  baddood;
While they have set a 10 year lifespan for PS3 and 360, I doubt it will go quite that far. 8 years seems more likely to me. Also, note that I did set the time earlier for Nintendo to release one. We know that they are working on one, but I doubt it will be developed enough to be out next year. Furthermore, the Wii is still selling too well to replace it just yet (although they did do that with the DS). It is possible though that the Wii2 will be out 2 or so years before the PS4/Xbox3

Kalahari Inkantation

Dullahan

hey remember when windows vista was supposed to last 10 years? remember when it didn't?

Hiro

Quote from: Dullahan on September 28, 2010, 08:13:39 PM
hey remember when windows vista was supposed to last 10 years? remember when it didn't?
what

strongbad

Quote from: Dullahan on September 28, 2010, 08:13:39 PM

no i don't

Go Up