July 08, 2024, 10:23:47 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

IS THERE GOING TO BE NO NEXT GEN

Started by Daddy, September 27, 2010, 03:34:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on September 28, 2010, 08:41:04 PM
what
Microsoft also makes operating systems, in addition to the Xbox line of gaming consoles.  For many years Microsoft's flagship version of this Windows operating system was "XP".  After a long wait in development under the codename "longhorn" Microsoft released a new operating system called "Vista" for retail in late January 2007.

Vista was intended to replace XP and inherit its long term support and be around for a long time.  What Microsoft did not foresee was all of Vista's flaws and complete suckage.

Not long after Vista was released they replaced it with Windows 7, thus scraping all long term plans of support for Windows Vista

i dunno how it's game related though. vista sucked and no body used it by choice

Hiro

Quote from: Khadafi on September 28, 2010, 08:51:52 PM
Microsoft also makes operating systems, in addition to the Xbox line of gaming consoles.  For many years Microsoft's flagship version of this Windows operating system was "XP".  After a long wait in development under the codename "longhorn" Microsoft released a new operating system called "Vista" for retail in late January 2007.

Vista was intended to replace XP and inherit its long term support and be around for a long time.  What Microsoft did not foresee was all of Vista's flaws and complete suckage.

Not long after Vista was released they replaced it with Windows 7, thus scraping all long term plans of support for Windows Vista

i dunno how it's game related though. vista sucked and no body used it by choice
No fucking shit. Where does Microsoft say they intended to keep Vista as their latest OS for 10 years? No version of Windows has lasted for more than 3 years besides XP.

Nyerp

i'm not saying i like vista but why does it suck

Daddy

Quote from: Nyerp on September 28, 2010, 08:58:53 PM
The implementation of the UAC did not solve anything and just further added problems.
Faulty driver support caused incessant BSODS
A marked increase in resource usage
Have you ever connected to a wireless network and seen Vista connect to the network 5 times for no reason?
Then refuse to properly keep itself configured with the proper security settings for the network

all it did was either break features or make things more annoying

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on September 28, 2010, 08:58:53 PM
it's less shitty now that there's more driver support, but the endless confirmation popups are pretty fucking annoying
having not used it for too long i'm sure someone else is more qualified to explain other reasons

Nyerp

Quote from: Khadafi on September 28, 2010, 09:03:16 PM
The implementation of the UAC did not solve anything and just further added problems.
Faulty driver support caused incessant BSODS
A marked increase in resource usage
Have you ever connected to a wireless network and seen Vista connect to the network 5 times for no reason?
Then refuse to properly keep itself configured with the proper security settings for the network

all it did was either break features or make things more annoying

i guess i've seen all of those except BSODS, that's only happened to me like twice

Go Up