October 04, 2024, 11:36:43 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

IS THERE GOING TO BE NO NEXT GEN

Started by Daddy, September 27, 2010, 03:34:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 5 YEARS SINCE THE 360 LAUNCHED IN THE US.

4 SINCE THE WII AND PS3 LAUNCHED

THERE HASN'T EVEN BEEN A MENTION OF A SUCCESSOR FROM ALL 3 COMPANIES.

REMEMBER THE 'REVOLUTION' THAT SHIT WAS ACTIVELY DISCUSSED 2 YEARS BEFORE THE WII'S LAUNCH.  HELL I DON'T EVEN SEE RUMORS ABOUT THESE SYSTEMS.
THEY'RE ALL APPROACHING THE 5 OR 6 YEAR LIFESPAN OF A CONSOLE GENERATION.

Samus Aran

Maybe they just want to make this generation last longer? I dunno. I seem to recall a little bit of talk about all three companies' next consoles, but not much.

YPrrrr

It could just be delayed due to the level of technology we're now dealing with... It seems farfetched to say there would be no next generation merely because nothing new comes out in 6 years... That's a pretty small amount of time really, and I just don't think these same consoles will still be around 10 years down the road.

Somebody's going to have to make the gimmicky 3D console after all

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on September 27, 2010, 03:43:33 PM

I kind of foresee that somebody as being someone other than the three big current names. Sort of like how Microsoft came out of nowhere with the Xbox in an attempt to compete, I feel like the time is perfect for someone else to try.

Dunno who it'd be, though. People like Philips and Panasonic already crashed and burned.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lain on September 27, 2010, 03:46:58 PM
I kind of foresee that somebody as being someone other than the three big current names. Sort of like how Microsoft came out of nowhere with the Xbox in an attempt to compete, I feel like the time is perfect for someone else to try.

Dunno who it'd be, though. People like Philips and Panasonic already crashed and burned.
Apple girl;

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on September 27, 2010, 03:58:50 PM
Apple girl;

well they tried a long time ago and failed, but i guess they could try again

Nyerp

ME##

In the near future?  No.  The PS3 and Xbox 360 still have more than enough power for a couple years to come.
Quote from: YPR on September 27, 2010, 03:43:33 PM

The PS3's got you covered there.  n_u

C.Mongler

Thyme

YPrrrr

The Wii has a lot that could be improved upon n_u

ME##

Quote from: YPR on September 27, 2010, 04:48:06 PM
The Wii has a lot that could be improved upon n_u

It's called the PlayStation Move. sillydood;

Nyerp

KonohaShinobi

IIRC, Sony and Microsoft publicly announced that they planned on at least a 10 year lifespan, which is a really long time.
Quote from: Lain on September 27, 2010, 04:01:27 PM
well they tried a long time ago and failed, but i guess they could try again

Every single ipod is being pushed as a handheld gaming device, so they are damn near already involved.

Also, there's Onlive, although it's more of a platform like Steam, it is kind of like a new console, I am really curious how it'll sell once it's out of the beta stages.

Go Up