October 04, 2024, 12:27:24 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Console Ever

Started by BlackDS, July 21, 2010, 10:48:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

What is the best video game system ever created?

NES
SNES
N64
Playstation
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Genesis
Saturn
Gameboy/ Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
DS
PSP
X box
Gamecube
Playstation 3
X Box 360
Wii
Fuck Consoles, get a PC
Other
Go Down

Nyerp

what did the ps1 have that's so great? besides sotn and rpgs

Classic

Along with what Kaz said, the rare 3rd party support on the N64 is still apparent today, as even on the Gamecube and now the Wii...it's rare to get a "decent" 3rd Party game.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 25, 2010, 08:59:46 PM
what did the ps1 have that's so great? besides sotn and rpgs

those right there are already better than most of the n64's library if you ask me

but i have other favorites as well, like the resident evil series, some mega man games, various capcom fighting games...

most of the best games on the system are rpgs of course...or sotn. but i dunno, i just feel that those were better than most n64 games.

but you probably won't agree since you don't like video games.

Nyerp

haha you got that right! :D

but srsly those games aren't that better than n64's library like OoT, MM, sm64, mk64 and shit i can't think of anymore

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 25, 2010, 09:09:29 PM

but srsly those games aren't that better than n64's library like OoT, MM, sm64, mk64 and shit i can't think of anymore

well yeah most of them aren't better than oot or mm, i'll give you that...even though oddly enough you just said in another thread that you don't like mm that much.

Nyerp

Quote from: Lain on July 25, 2010, 09:11:31 PM
well yeah most of them aren't better than oot or mm, i'll give you that...even though oddly enough you just said in another thread that you don't like mm that much.

i was just mad because of that stupid puzzle in snowhead temple with the switches >:(

but i guess i just overreacted, the game's kinda tedious sometimes, being on one huge time limit

C.Mongler

its like there aren't anymore or something

Nyerp

Quote from: C Mongler on July 25, 2010, 09:23:51 PM

well, there's star fox and smash bros.

there's paper mario

and there's goldeneye and perfect dark (not that i would know about that one)

and that kirby game

banjo is ok i guess it's not complete shit

diddy kong racing maybe

yoshi's...um

um

pokemon snap?

YPrrrr

Quote from: C Mongler on July 25, 2010, 09:23:51 PM

star fox
jet force gemini
mario kart
super smash brothers
pokemon stadium
perfect dark
goldeneye
wave race
harvest moon
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
paper mario
rayman 2
excitebike
ogre battle 64
star wars: rogue squadron

C.Mongler

lol thats still less than 20 games bros.

StarPilot

Wow how did I forget about Wave Race. Which also reminds me of another good N64 game, 1080 Snowboarding. You can unlock a penguin for a snowboard. baddood; Controls were a bit odd, but it was still fun.

Also Excitebike 64's desert mode was fun. Basically having some campfires which were the suggested route and nothing else other than endless dunes to do tricks off of. Then it also had a decent track editor and a 3D version of the original Excitebike.

Also also, Mario Tennis/Golf. The ability to use the GameBoy/N64 controller adapter thingy and import your GBC created character into the N64 games to use was a great customization ability, as well as that online tournament Mario Golf had with Nintendo Power that used a really long character password after the end of a round for scoring purposes.

YPrrrr

Quote from: C Mongler on July 25, 2010, 10:26:47 PM
lol thats still less than 20 games bros.
Quote from: YPR on July 25, 2010, 09:41:29 PM
star fox
jet force gemini
mario kart
super smash brothers
pokemon stadium
perfect dark
goldeneye
wave race
harvest moon
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
paper mario
rayman 2
excitebike
ogre battle 64
star wars: rogue squadron
OoT, MM, sm64, mk64
20  :3

Then you could throw in things like Kirby, Yoshi's Story, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, 1080 Avalanche, Blast Corps, Conker, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Doom, Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth, Diddy Kong Racing, etc.

C.Mongler

still less than 20 because i would only argue that about 15 maybe of those are necessary to be hxc

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

Go Up