October 04, 2024, 09:53:38 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Console Ever

Started by BlackDS, July 21, 2010, 10:48:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

What is the best video game system ever created?

NES
SNES
N64
Playstation
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Genesis
Saturn
Gameboy/ Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
DS
PSP
X box
Gamecube
Playstation 3
X Box 360
Wii
Fuck Consoles, get a PC
Other
Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: Señor ~*herpy-derpy*~ on July 25, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
I was a PlayStation kid. myface;

Well, that explains it.

In fact, that explains more than just this. spam;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Señor ~*herpy-derpy*~ on July 25, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
I was a PlayStation kid. myface;
Poor poor david saddood;

[spoiler]I loved Crash Bandicoot though... kind of disappointed that when I became a playstation 2 kid Crash was pretty bad[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on July 25, 2010, 04:30:32 PM
Well, that explains it.

In fact, that explains more than just this. spam;

What else does it explain, dare I ask? maps;
Quote from: YPR on July 25, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
Poor poor david saddood;

[spoiler]I loved Crash Bandicoot though... kind of disappointed that when I became a playstation 2 kid Crash was pretty bad[/spoiler]

Yes.  Many of the original PlayStation's mascots didn't make the leap to the PS2 very well. cry;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Señor ~*herpy-derpy*~ on July 25, 2010, 04:32:37 PM
Yes.  Many of the original PlayStation's mascots didn't make the leap to the PS2 very well. cry;
SPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO argh;

Thyme

I'm not saying. 5thgrade;

Quote from: YPR on July 25, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
Poor poor david saddood;

Eh, I loved the PlayStation. In retrospect, to me it was better than the N64 as a console. It did have a pretty good library as well - especially RPG wise - but at the same time its games may not stand out as much as the very few games on the N64 that did stand out.

ME##

Quote from: YPR on July 25, 2010, 04:35:15 PM
SPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO argh;

HE DIED AND WAS BRUTALLY MUTILATED BY VIVENDI GAMES wry

Quote from: Thyme on July 25, 2010, 04:37:36 PM
I'm not saying. 5thgrade;

That just made me more interested. goowan

Thyme

Quote from: Señor ~*herpy-derpy*~ on July 25, 2010, 04:38:13 PM
That just made me more interested. goowan

Too bad. Now comment the second half of my post. 5thgrade;

[spoiler]okay okay you don't have to n_u[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Eh, I loved the PlayStation. In retrospect, to me it was better than the N64 as a console. It did have a pretty good library as well - especially RPG wise - but at the same time its games may not stand out as much as the very few games on the N64 that did stand out.
I could see that... I think when I had my N64 I bought fewer games so the percentage of high quality games I owned sort of sticks in my memory... like every game I played on it would be fun unlike the playstation which I played some more duds for

ME##

Volvagia

N64
PC - Because I can play almost all of those on the damn pc better than the console can.

StarPilot

Persona 3/4, .hack series (original and GU), god of war series (1/2 anyway), ace combat 4/5 (and non numbered ones that I don't remember).

Granted I got into the PS2 in the second half of its life cycle, but I have more games that I loved for it than the N64. (SF64, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time) Yes there is Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, but I'm not very good at platformers.

Nyerp

i can't decide

but anyone who votes for the ps3 or any xbox is rly stupid

Quote from: Volvagia on July 25, 2010, 04:51:29 PM
PC - Because I can play almost all of those on the damn pc better than the console can.

faggot

Samus Aran

Quote from: C Mongler on July 25, 2010, 11:19:36 AM
n64 kind of blows why is everyone saying n64

while I still think it was a great console, I have to agree that it "kind of blows" as far as variety of games goes. Nintendo was way too focused on 3D and didn't see the potential of a console that could play even better 2D games.

granted, Sony also had this problem for the most part, but at the same time, look at the continuation of the MMX series, in beautiful 2D. look at Symphony of the Night, goddamn what a gorgeous game. look at Street Fighter 3. you get the picture.

as a result of the 64's over-reliance on one type of game (3D platformers), i feel like the console just didn't reach the potential of the generation. the Banjo games are like Mario 64 is like DK64 is like Conker. there was no Metroid. there were nearly no decent rpgs. there were no shmups.

i really feel like the playstation was the best console that generation, even though i didn't own one at the time. nostalgia or not, the n64 is just too stale in the game variety department.

Nyerp

Quote from: Lain on July 25, 2010, 08:46:25 PM
the Banjo games are like Mario 64 is like DK64 is like Conker.

no it's more like banjo, dk64, and conker are rare's shitty attempts at recreating and cashing in on the success of mario 64 but whatever happydood;

i'm thinkin' maybe ds and ps2

but then there's n64 and snes...fuck befuddlement

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 25, 2010, 08:52:21 PM
no it's more like banjo, dk64, and conker are rare's shitty attempts at recreating and cashing in on the success of mario 64 but whatever happydood;

and many of us love those "shitty attempts", myself included (well, except dk64, that game is kinda boring), but i was basically just talking about the most popular of that over-done genre on the n64

i do realize that there were at least SOME 2d/2.5d games like kirby 64 and yoshi's story, but they weren't really up to snuff with what capcom and other groups were doing on the ps1

and of course, third party support in general is something that the n64 just drew the short straw for

Go Up