October 06, 2024, 09:19:02 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Modern Warfare 2

Started by spaceman, October 17, 2009, 12:41:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on November 29, 2009, 12:29:15 PM
It's from what I've played from it. Maybe not so much grenades but killstreak rewards now.
I'm probably wrong from just what I've played compared to everything.
Killstreaks are bitches. When you carry around a stinger you can beat their asses.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV on November 27, 2009, 02:12:38 AM
Lawlz, some games are fun when you have friends to play with. I know that's a foreign concept.
games played with friends aren't that good

There's no such thing as a great FPS or fighting game.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 03, 2009, 06:59:29 PM
Wait what happened to your love for TF2? doodhuh;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on December 03, 2009, 08:28:36 PM
Wait what happened to your love for TF2? doodhuh;
I grew up and realized it sucked.

Valve's frequent updates that only further broke the game certainly didn't help.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Killer Instinct
Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 03, 2009, 10:44:49 PM

Valve's frequent updates that only further broke the game certainly didn't help.
yet i was the stupid one for not wasting money on that lol mirite

C.Mongler

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 03, 2009, 10:44:49 PM

i lold

mostly because you like schmups

Geno

Another example of Lawlz criticizing something that he hasn't even experienced
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GENOP on December 04, 2009, 12:45:37 AM
Another example of Lawlz criticizing something that he hasn't even experienced
i had quite a few visits from acquaintances back in my senior year of high school and we played multiplayer games every single time

i even went to a female's house and played some pstriple with her and her friend

Multiplayer games still bore me, and it's probably because I grew up playing exclusively single player and care more about the quality of the game than the experience I'm having with those around me.

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 04, 2009, 12:55:44 AM
i had quite a few visits from acquaintances back in my senior year of high school and we played multiplayer games every single time

i even went to a female's house and played some pstriple with her and her friend

Multiplayer games still bore me, and it's probably because I grew up playing exclusively single player and care more about the quality of the game than the experience I'm having with those around me.
Find a quality multiplayer game then.
Try Aegis Wing. It seems like your kind of game and it has great online co-op.
I think it's on the PS3 store

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GENOP on December 04, 2009, 12:58:32 AM
Find a quality multiplayer game then.
Try Aegis Wing. It seems like your kind of game and it has great online co-op.
I think it's on the PS3 store
"Aegis Wing is an Xbox Live Arcade game developed by three Microsoft interns and Carbonated Games."

I don't think so, Tim.

although the concept seems kind of cool i guess

If I wasn't so lazy I'd learn about network programming and make my own multiplayer shmup.

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 04, 2009, 01:06:11 AM
"Aegis Wing is an Xbox Live Arcade game developed by three Microsoft interns and Carbonated Games."

I don't think so, Tim.

although the concept seems kind of cool i guess

If I wasn't so lazy I'd learn about network programming and make my own multiplayer shmup.
I would play it if you did. You would probably make a damn good shmup

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GENOP on December 04, 2009, 02:30:24 AM
I would play it if you did. You would probably make a damn good shmup
i'm making one right now and experimenting with a lot of different gameplay style, weapons, and level setups

As far as I know my current level loading system hasn't been used in any other shmup ever before, and it's good for people like me and people that suck since it's completely possible to take it slow and get through a level in half an hour or rush through everything in under a minute.

my biggest problem is getting a good collision system that isn't ball breakingly slow and doesn't rely on an ugly tile system (think of how nes games would require all those repeated blocks for walls everywhere), and i think i may have found a balance betwixt those too but i really need to test it

But yeah, if I can quit being so lazy and easily distracted I could finish it.

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 04, 2009, 02:36:20 AM
i'm making one right now and experimenting with a lot of different gameplay style, weapons, and level setups

As far as I know my current level loading system hasn't been used in any other shmup ever before, and it's good for people like me and people that suck since it's completely possible to take it slow and get through a level in half an hour or rush through everything in under a minute.

my biggest problem is getting a good collision system that isn't ball breakingly slow and doesn't rely on an ugly tile system (think of how nes games would require all those repeated blocks for walls everywhere), and i think i may have found a balance betwixt those too but i really need to test it

But yeah, if I can quit being so lazy and easily distracted I could finish it.
Go finish it then.  baddood;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GENOP on December 04, 2009, 02:38:13 AM
Go finish it then.  baddood;
I will someday but whenever I begin to make assloads of progress I start to hate what I've done.

it's impossible to reflect upon your own work objectively since you always either love aspects everyone else hates or hate the things everyone else loves

so i end up making changes i feel are worse and scrapping the projects altogether

Although I've been working on this one for a few months at a rate of 5 minutes a day and it's my biggest project ever by far, so I might finish it.

Geno

Anyway back on topic
The Javelin glitch is fucking hilarious online. It's basically suicide bombing spam;

Go Up