September 23, 2024, 02:23:29 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What do you do when you're being stalked?

Started by Sam, August 02, 2009, 04:15:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Okay so I'm back from Connecticon and yadda yadda, I had a great time as always and there are tons of thoings I want to tell you all about, but there's only one thing that deserves it's own thread.

I'm being stalked. And when I say stalked, I don't mean I got followed aroud a few hours buy some guy, I don't mean someone looked up all my info on facebook, I don't mean that someone won't leave me alone, etc.  I'm used to all that shit and it doesn't really concern me. My problem is MUCH bigger.

okay, let's backtrack. A few months ago, a boy added on me on facebook. Seeing that he's going to the same college as me next year, I happily accepted and we made small talk about majors and lame stuff like that. We haven't really talked much, but he's constantly sending me replies on Twitter and tends to comment on my facebook posts a lot. He's a little strange, and I know he's on multiple medications but I have no idea what for. I also know he has a single dorm room as a freshman next year... and you need a damn good reason to get that.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago. He makes a post on facebook telling me he may be going to connecticon and I reply saying he should because it's always fun.

Saturday, I get stopped by this same boy to say hi. I say hi of course and introduce him to my friends. And then he was pretty much just like "alright bye then." I saw him a second time later that day but I was busy looking for krystle and told him so. He was welcome to help me look for her, but as I was walking in a straight line towards the door, he turned, said bye, and went somewhere else.

So everything seems generally normal, right? At worst he's just a bit if a socially awkward kid (then again, who at cons isn't?) He just wants to be friends with me, maybe get to know me, whatever. Nothing to worry about, right? Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Earlier today I was stalked by a friend of mine (a girl I've met a few times for various conventions) and she said "I have a friend who really wants to meet you." So I was naturally confused  and asked why, she says that this friend said to her "A really famous youtube is going to be at connecticon dressed as a mouse." Because the girl knew I was dressing as a mouse she asked him if I was the same girl, and apparently I was (famous youtuber? I don't think so.) So she promised him to introduce us.

So she calls up this kid and he comes running over from across the convention center. Turns out, he's some 16-17 year old asian boy and he was SO nervous to talk to me. It was adorable. Well, up until he started to talk, anyway. the first words out of his mouth were "I know someone who is stalking you. And I mean REALLY stalking you." He then proceeded to tell me about how he's been going back and forth with some boy online talking about me and how he's been commenting on everything of mine and something about how they argue and that I had to take a picture with him (the asian) and post it one my twitter to spite him. I was a little bit weirded out and didn't really understand what he was talking about, but I agreed to take the picture anyway. Afterwards I asked him who the stalker person he was talking about was, and he tells me the name of the same boy I had met the day before who I'm going to school with next year.

So at this point I thought I knew what was going on. I explained to the asian that that boy wasn't stalking me, I'm going to school with him next year and I had just met him the day before. We only met each other because we're both going to WPI.     My little  excuse, however, was quickly squashed when the asian told me that the boy had been talking about me for at least a year and that he had applied to colleges based on my college decisions and had decided on WPI because I decided on WPI.

this. changed. everything.

So okay I learned my lesson, I REALLY have to be careful about what I post online from now on. But if anyone has any ideas on what I should do in my current situation, please tell. Part of me is completely creeped out and the other part says it's not a big deal and that I shouldn't even bother worrying about it. Either way, is there anything I can even do besides wait and see what happens?  

bah I don't know ;_;

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Travis

Mettalik

rdl

i just saw the big text wall and scrolled down to read the other posts

i'll get to eventually.

Daddy

ME##

snorkel

Hahaha yeah, think of all the photos you have on Boyah (which by the way there are too many of in the picture of yourself thread)

maybe the guy's awesome and is your soul mate

Slim

It must have been the chipmunk voice that you use in your videos sometimes. When he heard that high-pitched squealing, he was instantly smitten.
Personally, I see some potential between you two. Love is in the air at WPI. cjlubdoods;
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Captain Caps Lock - Bane of Eardrums

Usually when I'm being stalked I sleep with my stalker. The next morning they wake up wondering if there's more to life than empty, meaningless sex and they never call again.

Works like a charm. You should try it too.

Himu

Well it didn't sound that bad until you got to the part where he applied to WPI because of you. akudood;

I don't know, I've only dealt with "no big deal" kind of stalking.  Did you talk to him about it?

Skylark

I've never dealt with any kind of stalking. Is it normal to experience that?

Be mean to him and he will go away
the book of right on

Smell Memory

Quote from: Skylark on August 02, 2009, 04:59:42 PM
I've never dealt with any kind of stalking. Is it normal to experience that?

Be mean] to him and he will go away
:O
Felt: because politics are for fools y/n
Felt: goldfrapp controls everything.

snorkel

You could stalk him and put together a bunch of really frightening shit and contact police and stuff to fuck with him

actually I'll do that if you want, sounds fun

Virgule punctuation mark

Is he obsessive enough to read 7+ paragraphs?
I suppose the first thing you need to do is verify the stalking, it sounds more like the asian guy is stalking you. uhhh other than that try not to go into any secluded areas with him.

Samus Aran

First of all, why would you need a major reason to get your own room? It just costs more. Universities want your money.

Secondly, I suggest countering him with another one of your stalkers. This of course is Jaleel. I would love to see the fight that ensues.

baddood;

Or you could just try to avoid him or be a bitch to him I dunno

Go Up