October 02, 2024, 11:25:34 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Reccomend Geno some really good shit

Started by Geno, January 22, 2009, 02:52:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I don't know much about metal since I hate it, but my brother is a huge fan, so I'll recommend a song I have that reminds me of him: "Only for the Weak" by In Flames

Samus Aran

Dullahan

Quote from: Kaz on January 26, 2009, 12:14:36 PM
Yeah their debut album is pretty good.
Oh, fuck yes. Jeremy and Alive are fucking amazing songs. Their next album was also good, Daughter was pretty cool and I appreciated the idea of how the album had no music videos. Kinda took you back in time and I think it gave the album a little more of an appeal. Oh, and I know it's off a later album, but I also like Do The Evolution.

Geno

Quote from: YPR on January 26, 2009, 12:08:13 PM
I don't know much about metal since I hate it
what is wrong with the world.

Quote from: Notwo on January 26, 2009, 11:45:27 AM
Since I don't really listen to rock/metal that much I really cant help you. Sorry man. saddood;
Then why did you post dipshit
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: YPR on January 26, 2009, 01:27:09 PM
being able to hear lyrics is good
I have no problem with you not liking metal, but that's a stupid argument, considering only some sub-genres have vocals like that. doodhuh;

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on January 26, 2009, 01:27:09 PM
being able to hear lyrics is good

uh, really, you can do better than that, right?

Dullahan

Quote from: Geno on January 26, 2009, 01:01:21 PM
Then why did you post dipshit
Sorry, other than the band I've mentioned, I'm afraid I can't help you much with anything else either.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on January 26, 2009, 06:24:59 PM
uh, really, you can do better than that, right?
How about... it doesn't sound good to me. I don't like the amount of distortion. Growling really annoys me. If it doesn't sound good to me, why would I listen?

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on January 26, 2009, 08:17:23 PM
How about... it doesn't sound good to me. I don't like the amount of distortion. Growling really annoys me. If it doesn't sound good to me, why would I listen?

That's better. Your problem before was that lyrics can be difficult to hear in any genre.

Geno

Quote from: YPR on January 26, 2009, 08:17:23 PM
Death Metal is a pretty different story
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Quote from: Geno on January 27, 2009, 11:26:30 AM
Death Metal is a pretty different story
"Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, morbid lyrics, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes"

Sounds worse to me

Geno

Quote from: YPR on January 27, 2009, 11:38:20 AM
"Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, morbid lyrics, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes"

Sounds worse to me
No I'm saying that what you described is death metal

YPrrrr

Quote from: Geno on January 27, 2009, 11:38:58 AM
No I'm saying that what you described is death metal
Well it still places an emphasis on distortion... it's just too rough for me. Often the lyrics' themes don't interest me as well, so I really don't feel inclined to listen when I'm usually getting nothing out of it lyrically or instrumentally.

Geno

Quote from: YPR on January 27, 2009, 11:46:27 AM
Well it still places an emphasis on distortion... it's just too rough for me. Often the lyrics' themes don't interest me as well, so I really don't feel inclined to listen when I'm usually getting nothing out of it lyrically or instrumentally.
That's why I love Metallica. Their songs are badass and beautiful at the same time.

Go Up