October 05, 2024, 10:21:08 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 05:29:43 PM
Added a GBA section
did you forget to put Zero Mission on purpose?  :(
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 12:31:01 AM
For one, I didn't even buy an NES; my friend had two of them and gave one to me.

what the shit

The NES is a great system, unlike the PS1 and Xbox/360. Most games were dumbed down arcade ports, but at least it had exclusives--something Sony and Microsoft can't even attempt to comprehend.

If its not exclusive, its not a game.  caterpie;

Nyerp

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 07:50:00 PM
on the upcoming terrible games list

Go fucking kill yourself you big sack of shit.

ME##

Is FFT Advance good?

Also, why is Halo 2 on this list? lolwut

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

How the fuck could you not like Okami?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:02:25 PM
I can't say it's bad because I have yet to play it (and I don't want to) but everything I see about it is the opposite of what I like.

The graphics try too hard to be stylish but look just godawful. Yeah, it wants to look like old Japanese art, but that art never looked like a heap of sloppy shit. It reminds me too much of Twilight Princess's wolf segments, and those are some of the worst moments in gaming history. I've watched videos and the combat looks atrocious.

And no, not every game I play just features spaceships and lasers because I do enjoy platformers and action games in general more than many shmups.

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:07:47 PM
I can't say it's bad because I have yet to play it

Nothing past here is worth reading. You're a fucking moron.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:11:24 PM
Nothing past here is worth reading. You're a fucking moron.
so i should add a game that i've never played jsut because i haven't played it

the game is ugly, combat system looks terrible, it seems to essentially jsut be twilight princess minus the bearable human segments

how could it be good

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:13:16 PM

the game is ugly, combat system looks terrible, it seems to essentially jsut be twilight princess minus the bearable human segments

how could it be good
Because perhaps the designers weren't lazy like the ones behind Twighlight Princess

ME##

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:02:25 PM

Unlike Lawlz, I've played it an I can say I don't like it, for one the gibberish the characters spew whilst they're talking is just god awful, the combat is clunky and all around boring, and it just tries far too hard to be a good game.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ME86 on April 20, 2008, 08:15:58 PM
the combat is clunky and all around boring
I looked at videos and it seems you have to whip out a brush and perform some stroke just to attack.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aOT95HPv51E

It seems like they were aiming for innovation and ended up with stupidity. If the game really works like that, I would play for 2 minutes just to deem it as slop again.

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:13:16 PM

you're not the fucking owner of this thread and more than enough people love the game for it to be on the list

how could it be good

it's one of the prettiest games i've ever played, OH HEY I CAN JUDGE SOMETHING BASED ON LOOKS, i don't recall using a fucking brush with THE POWER OF GODs inside it in tp

why don't you go fucking find out

Quote from: ME86 on April 20, 2008, 08:15:58 PM
Unlike Lawlz, I've played it an I can say I don't like it, for one the gibberish the characters spew whilst they're talking is just god awful, the combat is clunky and all around boring, and it just tries far too hard to be a good game.

What the fuck? The gibberish? Who gives a flying fuck? How does it try too hard to be a good game? That doesn't even make any sense.

Go Up