October 05, 2024, 09:23:51 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 19, 2008, 08:50:45 PM
I rented about 4 games a weekd during my early childhood so overall I have played more.

Today I just buy because I hate having to return potentially good games and I hate the feeling of know I have to return a game to some nasty store and the game I'm playing doesn't have its original box and just knowing I'm paying for something I don't even own. It's just a terrible feeling.

I don't give a shit and I too went to Hollywood Video. I was the first nigga on the block with a N64 and Gamecube.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C. Mongler on April 19, 2008, 08:54:28 PM
I don't give a shit and I too went to Hollywood Video. I was the first nigga on the block with a N64 and Gamecube.
but the n64 sucks

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on April 19, 2008, 08:55:34 PM
but the n64 sucks

Sega Genesis has no games.

I expect a retarded "lol" rebuttal or some opinionated statement that's just as retarded.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JGE on April 19, 2008, 08:57:29 PM
Sega Genesis has no games.

I expect a retarded "lol" rebuttal or some opinionated statement that's just as retarded.
The Genesis has heaps. The N64 only has what Rare made.

Hell, even the Master System has more good games than the N64, and everything on the SMS had to be made/reprogrammed by Sega alone.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

JGE

Quote from: JGE on April 19, 2008, 08:57:29 PM

Quote from: Lawlz on April 19, 2008, 09:48:43 PM
The N64 only has what Rare made.

Hell, even the Master System has more good games than the N64, and everything on the SMS had to be made/reprogrammed by Sega alone.

Successful prediction was successful.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JGE on April 19, 2008, 11:10:48 PM
Successful prediction was successful.
except those were facts

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on April 19, 2008, 11:53:31 PM
except those were facts

lol oh Lawlz

You clearly don't know what a good game is. To start off you only rented like 4 games a week as a child and then claim you know what the difference between a good and bad game. when I was a young lad I consistently rented different games from blockbuster that even excelled the "4" total you did for all of the different systems on own. On top of that chances are I've owned more systems all together then you ever have and have played more games counting my rentals and owned titles. Chances are my N64 and SNES rented collection excelled the number of owned titles since unlike you I don't buy dozens of shitty games. To top that I actually play titles I don't like off the bat that I haven't played just so I can determine whether or not they're good games.

I've owned many systems and games and as now you probably own more slop than I do but it's not the amount but rather the quality that counts. Maybe you were too poor to afford any games beyond the Genesis genre but I actually played a fine bit of titles that I feel bad you missed out on and are too stupid to not play.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JGE on April 19, 2008, 11:59:54 PMOn top of that chances are I've owned more systems all together then you ever have and have played more games counting my rentals and owned titles. Chances are my N64 and SNES rented collection excelled the number of owned titles since unlike you I don't buy dozens of shitty games.
lmao

Also, I tend to research and look up some opinions on a game before I buy it. I normally buy about 2 or three games that are supposedly good, then get some filler games that I know nothing about just because it's cheaper to do that than pay a heap for shipping and get little (or make multiple trips if I'm buying at a store.)

There are plenty of times when the games I knew nothing about, like Metalstorm, end up being some of my favorites. I don't get why you brought in the quality vs. quantity argument, but the fact is I've played more games, and have thus seen and played the best and the worst.

If you're renting more than 4 games per week, then you must never sleep or leave your home or you just don't play the games for more than 5 minutes each. Also, if you truly waste that much money, you could just buy a couple dozen games per month.

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 12:12:10 AM
lmao

Also, I tend to research and look up some opinions on a game before I buy it. I normally buy about 2 or three games that are supposedly good, then get some filler games that I know nothing about just because it's cheaper to do that than pay a heap for shipping and get little (or make multiple trips if I'm buying at a store.)

There are plenty of times when the games I knew nothing about, like Metalstorm, end up being some of my favorites. I don't get why you brought in the quality vs. quantity argument, but the fact is I've played more games, and have thus seen and played the best and the worst.

You also tend to "research" other games but unlike some shitty 2D shooter you never play those games and continue to bash them, in some cases you don't even bother to research.

I brought up the quality v.s. quantity argument because though you've bought and played (which I doubt) more games than me means chances are you choose to buy more shitty games thus spoiling whatever was left of any good taste in games you have.

QuoteIf you're renting more than 4 games per week, then you must never sleep or leave your home or you just don't play the games for more than 5 minutes each. Also, if you truly waste that much money, you could just buy a couple dozen games per month.

Or I find time equally to play each game (Keep in mind this is when I was kid, now if I rent games I just use my one month pass and regulate switches, I usually get about 3-6 titles a month when I'm done) You would be surprise on how much money you can save when you do a month deal with blockbuster.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JGE on April 20, 2008, 12:19:55 AMyou choose to buy more shitty games thus spoiling whatever was left of any good taste in games you have.

what

Seeing as how I barely ever get any money, does it even sound logical for me to spend my money on a game I know I won't like?

Also, it's completely illogical to say buying bad games will "spoil" me. If anything, it'd make more sense to say most of my collection is great and I thus expect high quality and addicting games, but most developers fail to deliver. Most of my games are good, and the only library with a large amount of bad games is my NES collection, and that's about 20 of my 50 games. The NES had plenty of great games, but it just as many godawful ones as the PS1.

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 12:23:45 AM
Also, it's completely illogical to say buying bad games will "spoil" me. If anything, it'd make more sense to say most of my collection is great

Huh so you mean the more shitty games I buy the better my collection will be, IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW

QuoteMost of my games are good, and the only library with a large amount of bad games is my NES collection, and that's about 20 of my 50 games.

Yeah I doubt that, well your mistake began with buying a NES which further proves my point that you have shit taste in games.

QuoteThe NES had plenty of great games, but it just as many godawful ones as the PS1.

I wouldn't really know but I'm sure it's safe to assume you're wrong just like about everything else.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JGE on April 20, 2008, 12:27:55 AM
Yeah I doubt that, well your mistake began with buying a NES which further proves my point that you have shit taste in games.
For one, I didn't even buy an NES; my friend had two of them and gave one to me.

what the shit

The NES is a great system, unlike the PS1 and Xbox/360. Most games were dumbed down arcade ports, but at least it had exclusives--something Sony and Microsoft can't even attempt to comprehend.

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 12:31:01 AM
For one, I didn't even buy an NES; my friend had two of them and gave one to me.

what the shit

The NES is a great system, unlike the PS1 and Xbox/360. Most games were dumbed down arcade ports, but at least it had exclusives--something Sony and Microsoft can't even attempt to comprehend.

Well then him to take that shit back.

NES was a terrible system and the only reason you bash other consoles is because you only like the shit developers produce, because surprise surprise, you have shit taste in games.

Have fun with your shit exclusives, I'll be playing good games unlike somebody else I'm talking to.

Samus Aran

you guys are just priceless

i get a chuckle out of every time you guys argue

Go Up