October 05, 2024, 08:32:31 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:21:05 PM
What the fuck? The gibberish? Who gives a flying fuck?
You're fucking stupid.

if the audio is terrible, it detracts from the game. If you have to force yourself to phase out or ignore as aspect of a game, it has a major flaw. I just watched some videos and oh god it's awful.
QuoteHow does it try too hard to be a good game? That doesn't even make any sense.
A game tries to be "epic" or make itself out to be the greatest game of all time when it's really just slop. One way can be going for some over the top story that's  just utter slop. Another way is to try too hard to be innovative but just end up making simple things overly complex.

I shouldn't have to stroke a brush every time I just want to attack an enemy. Goddamn, just give me an A button.
Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:21:05 PM
it's one of the prettiest games i've ever played, OH HEY I CAN JUDGE SOMETHING BASED ON LOOKS, i don't recall using a fucking brush with THE POWER OF GODs inside it in tp
Graphics are an important aspect of games regardless of what Sony fans said the past two gens and regardless of what Nintendo fans say today. Okami looks like crap, and that also takes it down some more.

TP didn't need a brush because the developers knew how to better implement a combat system. Fighting as a wolf itself wasn't too bad (I still didn't like it); hopping around with those blinding and hideous graphics just to collect some goddamn insects was what sucked.

So a paintbrush makes two games entirely different? Gradius and R-Type are nothing alike because R-Type has the force to absorb bullets and Gradius doesn't.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:28:35 PM
if the audio is terrible, it detracts from the game.

You see, the thing is, this game's audio is not terrible. At all.

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:28:35 PM
I shouldn't have to stroke a brush every time I just want to attack an enemy.

You don't.

You know nothing about this game, therefore it is pointless arguing about it with you.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:33:02 PM
You see, the thing is, this game's audio is not terrible. At all.

audio encompasses all sound you fuckwit

the beeps and blips the characters emit is godawful

play ikaruga and learn what a truly perfect game is--excellent graphics, mild innovation that creates a flawless system you feel more games should have, and the best damn music you can find anywhere

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:37:28 PM
the beeps and blips the characters emit is godawful

i don't see how you can let something so minor like that in a game get to you

you must be a retard

did it bother you in the banjo games?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2008, 08:45:56 PM
i don't see how you can let something so minor like that in a game get to you

you must be a retard

did it bother you in the banjo games?
Something like that isn't minor if you're hearing it throughout the game. That's like saying it doesn't matter if your gun plays yakkity sax and sprays confetti each time you fire in an FPS.

banjo kazooie was kind of annoying but it wasn't bleeps and blips but less annoying grunts and slightly more expressive sounds

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:47:35 PM
Something like that isn't minor if you're hearing it throughout the game. That's like saying it doesn't matter if your gun plays yakkity sax and sprays confetti each time you fire in an FPS.

banjo kazooie was kind of annoying but it wasn't bleeps and blips but less annoying grunts and slightly more expressive sounds

well i don't find it that annoying

ncba93ivyase

why the hell are resident eveil games on this list

The whole series is terrible.

Yes, even RE4.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:53:05 PM

Yes, even RE4.
No they're not.

If you had played RE1 when it first came out you'd understand

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on April 20, 2008, 10:29:12 PM
No they're not.

If you had played RE1 when it first came out you'd understand
But it's complete shit today and can't hold up.

maybe ps1 games could've been considered 'good' 12 years ago, but they're all slop today

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 21, 2008, 03:34:03 AM

maybe ps1 games could've been considered 'good' 12 years ago, but they're all slop today

why are you such an idiot

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 21, 2008, 03:45:46 AM
why are you such an idiot
why does the ps1 and the horror genre suck so much

The Speaker Of Words

I agree with Nyerp. Okami should be on the list.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on April 20, 2008, 08:53:05 PM

Yes, even RE4.

gee i dunno i think maybe quite a few people like them

BUT I DUNNO DUDE IT MIGHT BE A COMPLETE MYSTERY

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 21, 2008, 03:34:03 AM

funny that what i think about every genesis game too lol  caterpie;

Go Up