September 28, 2024, 02:32:50 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I saw Cloverfield today.

Started by One Man Freak Show, January 19, 2008, 06:02:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

If there is a sequel the fucking handcam thing has to end. The massive amount of shaking pissed me off and disoriented me during some scenes. Like the one where the puff of smoke blows through the town and they hide in the nearby store and it's like "wtf just happened?" I did like th handcam just the fucking nonstop shaking pissed me off. And I want an origin of the beast.

And fuck, I missed the thing falling in the water.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 26, 2008, 06:30:25 PM
If there is a sequel the fucking handcam thing has to end. The massive amount of shaking pissed me off and disoriented me during some scenes. Like the one where the puff of smoke blows through the town and they hide in the nearby store and it's like "wtf just happened?" I did like th handcam just the fucking nonstop shaking pissed me off. And I want an origin of the beast.

Um, its a handycam. No one would fucking try to keep it still if they're running for their lives.  baddood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Houdini

I just watched it. My overall opinion is that I hate yuppies.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 26, 2008, 06:30:25 PM

I heard that if they make a sequel, that they're going to make it from a different point of view.

Houdini

Quote from: XYZ on January 26, 2008, 09:26:41 PM
I heard that if they make a sequel, that they're going to make it from a different point of view.
I predicted that while I was watching the movie. It's an obvious gimmick.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: Houdini on January 26, 2008, 11:17:45 PM

And during the bridge scene, there's a guy who's also recording.
Hud and that guy look at each other for like half a second.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Houdini on January 26, 2008, 11:17:45 PM

Well yeah, and it's a gimmick that kinda works. I mean seriously, people who use camcorders today have used them since they first learned to walk so people know how to hold a camera still.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 27, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
Well yeah, and it's a gimmick that kinda works. I mean seriously, people who use camcorders today have used them since they first learned to walk so people know how to hold a camera still.

Great job taking a quote right from Roger Ebert on At the Movies there.

Also, if they make a sequel, I hope it'll be a mockumentary about the origins of the monster, and the aftermath. That'd be awesome.

FAMY2

I am seriously thinking of seeing it again. It seems I missed a lot of things. When it comes out on DVD  it will be one I watch many times.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 28, 2008, 04:36:25 AM
Great job taking a quote right from Roger Ebert on At the Movies there.

That was the point. doodella;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 27, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
Not if people are running for their fucking lives you retard.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Trini

Quote from: Captain Yesterday on January 28, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
Not if people are running for their fucking lives you retard.

And it still wasn't that bad.
[CENTER][/center]

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Trini on January 28, 2008, 02:43:41 PM
And it still wasn't that bad.

My sister said one of her friends had to leave to throw up.

I just don't get. I never felt sick, nor did I get a headache. The only part that was sort of disturbing was the way the parasites attacked people, and when Marlena exploded.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 28, 2008, 09:36:11 PM
My sister said one of her friends had to leave to throw up.

I just don't get. I never felt sick, nor did I get a headache. The only part that was sort of disturbing was the way the parasites attacked people, and when Marlena exploded.

That's cause some people get motion sickness and you don't.
I get motion sickness but it's not as bad as other people's so I still enjoyed the movie.

V

saw this past saturday. i liked it. i didn't want Beth and Rob to die. oops, spoilers. ^___^

and there should be no sequel;that would fuck it up.

Go Up