September 26, 2024, 03:45:06 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

Started by One Man Freak Show, January 15, 2008, 03:06:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

Andrew1911

Andrew1911

Fuck the Wall. Go listen to Wish You Were Here.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Andrew1911 on January 15, 2008, 03:47:30 PM
Already am, Welcome to the Machine is just amazing. Especially the awesome ass music video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/FbifrXX2Ltw

Samus Aran

It's good, but it's not amazing or anything. That pretty much sums up most of the "hit songs" on The Wall.

And of course, there's shitty filler material on the album that knocks it down even farther on my list.

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 03:58:09 PM
It's good, but it's not amazing or anything. That pretty much sums up most of the "hit songs" on The Wall.

And of course, there's shitty filler material on the album that knocks it down even farther on my list.
Fuck you, fuck you so hard.

I love that album.

One Man Freak Show

I don't understand the beginning of Time.

the clocks only seem like they're making noise for maybe thirty seconds, but it's actually three minutes.

Houdini

Waaaaaaaaaay overrated. It's a decent song, but it's nowhere near as good as Pink Floyd's better material.

Quote from: Andrew1911 on January 15, 2008, 03:47:30 PM
Yes, do this.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on January 15, 2008, 03:59:00 PM
Fuck you, fuck you so hard.

I love that album.

Every single song on Wish You Were Here is better than every single song on The Wall.

oops

Andrew1911

The only good song on the Wall is Comfortably Numb. After listening to it, you can pretty much just not listen to the rest of the album.

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 03:59:19 PM

the clocks only seem like they're making noise for maybe thirty seconds, but it's actually three minutes.
Time sucks, and so does Money. I hate those songs.

And I think they actually used clocks for the beginning of Time, had to set them off at about the same time so it wasn't synthed or anything.

But I don't like Darkside as much as almost any other album they've had but Jesus Breathe is just amazing, though it's on Darkside it's one of my favorite.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:02:03 PM
Every single song on Wish You Were Here is better than every single song on The Wall.

oops

That's even more sad considering that Wish You Were Here only has six songs while The Wall is a double album. God, The Wall really fucking sucks.

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:02:03 PM

oops
I'd agree but only because Wish you were here is so short and simple and really is just amazing. But The Wall is just something I can listen to over and over because it's so diverse and I love to recite the lines. "Are these all your guitars?", "Wanna take a bath?"

Samus Aran

Quote from: Andrew1911 on January 15, 2008, 04:02:19 PM
The only good song on the Wall is Comfortably Numb. After listening to it, you can pretty much just not listen to the rest of the album.

That's a bit harsh. I still consider it a good album.

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 03:59:19 PM

What the fuck are you talking about? Those intro clocks are gone by 0:54. There's

Go Up