September 26, 2024, 03:42:10 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

Started by One Man Freak Show, January 15, 2008, 03:06:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:06:11 PM
That's a bit harsh. I still consider it a good album.

What the fuck are you talking about? Those intro clocks are gone by 0:54. There's

When the singing starts, my iPod says it's at 3:00.

Samus Aran

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 04:09:23 PM

Those other sounds aren't clocks.

The artist formally known

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 04:09:23 PM

You got the fucked up version. Also the song is terrible. Speak To Me (Breathe) and Shine on are the only amazing songs from that album imo. I just didn't like it as much as the other stuff, don't know why. Just listen to Animals and Wish you were here over and over until you love it.

Samus Aran

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: reefer on January 15, 2008, 04:12:12 PM
You got the fucked up version. Also the song is terrible. Speak To Me (Breathe) and Shine on are the only amazing songs from that album imo. I just didn't like it as much as the other stuff, don't know why. Just listen to Animals and Wish you were here over and over until you love it.

And Shine On is...?

Samus Aran

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 04:14:12 PM
And Shine On is...?

He's probably thinking of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" which is actually the name of several parts of one song that are on Wish You Were Here.

Also they have a box set called "Shine On" but that's a box set not a song on DSOTM. :|

Quote from: reefer on January 15, 2008, 04:15:10 PM
you crazy diamond

THAT'S ON WISH YOU WERE HERE YOU FUCKER

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:15:44 PM
He's probably thinking of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" which is actually the name of several parts of one song that are on Wish You Were Here.

Also they have a box set called "Shine On" but that's a box set not a song on DSOTM. :|

THAT'S ON WISH YOU WERE HERE YOU FUCKER
woops, thought it was on dark side.  caterpie;

anyways listen to those two albums i suggested.

the wall isn't for everyone, not everyone likes it.

Samus Aran

Can we at least all agree that The Wall is better than The Piper at the Gates of Dawn?  caterpie;

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:21:12 PM
Can we at least all agree that The Wall is better than The Piper at the Gates of Dawn?  caterpie;

Yes.

TPatGoD really wasn't good. doodthing;

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:21:12 PM
Yes though I do like the weird songs like Bike. And in before Syd Barret is amazing.

The Division Bell? I've barley listened to it, anyone?

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on January 15, 2008, 04:27:05 PM
Yes though I do like the weird songs like Bike. And in before Syd Barret is amazing.

The Division Bell? I've barley listened to it, anyone?

Division Bell...I have a few songs from it.

"Keep Talking" is pretty good although obviously a big change from the Waters era.

"Marooned" is a very soft, ambient instrumental with some absolutely beautiful work by Gilmour, even throwing in some of the whale songs from "Echoes."

"High Hopes" is better than Keep Talking, in my opinion. It starts out on a very sad note and gets a little more involved eventually. However, it's got a sort of weird Def Leppard-esque ballad drum beat going in it during the chorus. Not as bad as Def Leppard, but it just reminds me of it.

Overall, it's much worse than the best Waters albums, but it's still good. The songwriting is a bit more mediocre, because Gilmour just isn't as good at portraying the same kind of imagery that Waters was. He's also not as good of a vocalist, but still pretty good.

I dunno, the album gets a lot of mixed reviews. You'd have to try it yourself.

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:33:30 PM
He's also not as good of a vocalist, but still pretty good.
Are you serious?

Go Up