September 19, 2024, 09:02:00 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 21, 2007, 03:12:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Sylar on January 15, 2008, 01:58:23 PM
Um I thought it was supposed to come out at launch
SMG was never planned as a launch title, in fact, the first thing they said about it's release was that it wouldn't make launch. psyduck;

Although A Smash bros game was planned to be a launch title, brawl, or any smash project wasn't even in motion.
I don't really consider the E3 announcement that brawl was coming out in 2007 a delay because no project was in actual motion.

Bushy

QuoteOriginally Posted by WraithX959 of IGN boards
So that Nintendo could stockpile Wiis for the launch of Brawl. The reason I know this is because back in Nov., while I was working at Gamestop for the holidays the Nintendo Rep. gave us that exact same reason for the delay until Feb. My best guess as to why they delayed until March is because they sold far more Wii during the Holidays than they had expected to. I never said anything when I first heard the reason for the delay was because I knew if the fanboys found out the real reason for the delay they'd probably throw a hissy-fit.

Here's the thread & post that made me decide to fess up: http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?t...tart=157352461

For non-insiders heres the post:

QuoteQuote:Originally Posted by BizzyB of IGN boards
OK so yesterday I stopped by Target to pick up a few things and while I was there I decided to check out their electronics section. Out of curiosity I asked if they had any Wiis, and of course the didn't. I asked one of the ladies who worked there if she knew but she didn't so she asked one of the other female employees who was working that section and she told me that, "Nintendo is doing some huge production roll, stock piling Wiis until March or April"

I said "What the hell! you mean there will be NO Wiis for the entire month of January AND February??"

She said, "Yep that's correct". And then I asked if this was just for Target or all the stores and she said that it was for ALL stores. So at the time It DID occur to me, I wondered what it was going to be like when Brawl came out and people couldn't get their Wiis. I thought, "wow Nintendo is going to be in a pile of horse poo."

And just now it clicked that Brawl has been delayed till, yep, March. I think that's too much to be just a coincidence. So yeah, I kinda saw this coming yesterday but didn't figure they would actually do this, but it makes sense. Two months of stockpile should satisfy the Brawl demand, including the people who would get Wii either way...

Oh well, at least this way, more people would get to potentially play Brawl

Bingo! You sir are correct, I have actually been sitting on this info since before the holidays because I didn't think the boards would really benefit from knowing why brawl had been delayed. However, with the latest delay I think you guys should know.

Nintendo has specifically delayed Brawl not once, but twice because they want to ensure that there are enough Wiis on store selves when Brawl is released. I heard this back in Nov. from a Nintendo Rep. while I was working seasonally at Gamestop. She told us back then that Brawl was being delayed so that they would have enough Wii consoles to sell. Back then the delay of course was only supposed to be until Feb. My best guess as to why there has been a 2nd delay is that Nintendo sold far more Wiis during the Holidays then they had planned to. So, the delay is simply so they can make ready more Wiis for Brawl's launch.

If you don't believe me that's fine, but I would think that anyone who knows me from the boards around here would know that I'm not the type of person to BS with something like this. I was honestly debating whether or not I should post this on the boards back when the rumor of a delay until March first appeared.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Daddy

Why should I have to wait extra time for Brawl because some idiots were too lazy to wait in line for a Wii?

The artist formally known

Quote from: JMV290 on January 15, 2008, 03:10:17 PM
Why should I have to wait extra time for Brawl because some idiots were too lazy to wait in line for a Wii?
Doubt thats the reason. I bet it's just not ready yet. But it maybe true since Japan's release date hasn't changed.

bluaki

Quote from: reefer on January 15, 2008, 03:17:03 PM
Doubt thats the reason. I bet it's just not ready yet. But it maybe true since Japan's release date hasn't changed.
Actually, it did change 5 days from Jan24 to 31st for Japan.
Still, most of it seems to be with localization delay.

strongbad

Quote from: JMV290 on January 15, 2008, 01:26:13 PM
the phantom
duke nukem forever
starcraft ghost

STARCRAFT GHOST. I wanted that game so badly  edumacate;
what really makes me bad about brawl is how nintendo keeps delaying it right when we come close to the actual release to brawl. Its making me very sad.

Quote from: JMV290 on January 15, 2008, 01:26:13 PM
the phantom
duke nukem forever
starcraft ghost

The Sadness, and up until recently Team Fortress 2.

Kalahari Inkantation

STAR FOX 2

I'm going to laugh when it gets cancelled. powerofone;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: CONKER on January 15, 2008, 03:40:51 PM
Project Hammer lol, that game will be awesome when it comes out.
DISASTER: DAY OF CRISIS

powerofone;

Quote from: CONKER on January 15, 2008, 03:40:51 PM
Project Hammer lol, that game will be awesome when it comes out.
I knew it was vaporware from the second I heard about it.

Warcraft Adventures
Earthbound 64

Kalahari Inkantation

Remember that one Zelda game that was supposed to complete the OoA/OoS trilogy? caterpie;

Kalahari Inkantation

I've always wanted to play Super Mario FX. I wonder when that's coming out? powerofone;

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 15, 2008, 03:46:59 PM
I've always wanted to play Super Mario FX. I wonder when that's coming out? powerofone;
Banjoe Threeie as well.

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up