September 19, 2024, 06:36:48 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 21, 2007, 03:12:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

After playing Mario Galaxy... I have a strong feeling Bowser Jr. will be playable.  gonk;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on January 10, 2008, 11:06:15 PM

I can't read French but I don't think it's the final smash.
It's just showing off alternate costumes...

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 12, 2008, 12:46:36 PM
It's just showing off alternate costumes...

He posted that before it was updated on the English page...

He looked at the other pages first because the English page is never the first one updated...

He looked at the French one...

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on January 12, 2008, 01:35:20 PM
He posted that before it was updated on the English page...

He looked at the other pages first because the English page is never the first one updated...

He looked at the French one...
I didn't even look at the article psyduck;

It's a pretty safe assumption

Geno

New Info from the Japan brawl tourney held today

Whobby 2008 Coverage!
Updates Posted Here!
Whobby 2008 is underway, and we'll have translations of an attendee's live up-to-the-minute blog. Stay posted here and keep checking back every for new updates and images (if available)! Updates will be posted with newer updates appearing at the top

Pokemon Trainer Impressions: Takes about three seconds to change Pokemon. (seems a bit longer than what we've seen in the videos)

First reports of an attendee: He writes about Samus, but adds nothing new to what we already knew. You can't turn into ZSamus at the start of the match at all.
Now that the event is over, expect lots of media, and some new info to be posted from attendees.
We have the Stage Select Screen image posted on the homepage.
Conflicting News: Apparently, a Nintendo rep has confirmed that Brawl is coming out on the 24th in Japan, however the Brawl pamphlets handed out show the price of the game, but no release date. (According to the Japanese blog, this seems to frighten him, but I doubt it means a thing.)
Muddy Mole is an assist trophy. (Not Monty Mole) Muddy Mole is a character from "Mole Mania", a GB game that Sakurai adores.
People are under the impression that Meta Knight is very good and Dedede is not. (This is only first impressions that are hours old and opinions, keep in mind)
King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice)
70-80 minute wait to play a match.
UPDATE: Female Pokemon Trainer news is confirmed FALSE.
Ike Victory Pose: "I only fight for those I protect" (May be off due to translation issues)
Onett impressions: Virtually no changes made.
PictoChat impressions: Some are negative, some are "better than expected."
PLAYABLE STAGES:Battlefield, Battleship Halbred, Norfair, Hyrule Temple, Onett, WarioWare, PictoChat, Bridge of Eldin, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Castle Seige, Pokemon Stadium 2, Skyworld, Lylat Cruise
Dragoon was seen as an item. There are also a few new items such as a time bomb and spike bomb.
Classic Controller and Wiimote are available controller choices.
Meta Knight: No strong attacks. He's the kind of character that relies on multiple hits. FS is very strong and has a wide hitbox. Not much use for gliding. Taunt: Flaps his wings and does a "warp" or some sort.
Diddy Kong: He's very fast and can "put hurt on you." He has combo attacks, similar to Meta Knight.
NO MORE DELAYS: According to someone to who asked a Nintendo rep there: Brawl is confirmed to be released on the 24th. (Japan)
Pokemon Trainer disappears on certain stages. He was not present on Delfino Plaza.
New Pokemon: Shaymin
UNCONFIRMED: Pokemon trainer's starting appearance is him running to a stop and taunting.
Item Selection is ON. Smash Balls can be turned off.
King Dedede has a pink costume.
Dedede is a heavy, slow, powerful character. He has 4 mid-air jumps (5 total jumps). His Waddle Dee throwing attack is weak. His Up Special has good knockback.
Dedede's starting appearance is the Waddle Dee Shrine seen on the Dojo.
Pokemon Trainer and King Dedede Playable! They appear as "Dedede" and "P. Trainer"
Confirmed: The Brawl game available is a demo, however, it is a new one.
Confirmed: Photography IS allowed, but only in certain areas.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The artist formally known

Samus Aran

Looks like they're drawing ideas from Kirby Air Ride, since they made it. That game used a similar way of getting hints of unlocking things and getting purple stickers (instead of hammers) to get freebie unlockables.

Of course, in Air Ride, not every stamp was an unlockable, just something to do, so there was more guessing involved.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kaz on January 13, 2008, 11:46:04 PM
Looks like they're drawing ideas from Kirby Air Ride, since they made it. That game used a similar way of getting hints of unlocking things and getting purple stickers (instead of hammers) to get freebie unlockables.

Of course, in Air Ride, not every stamp was an unlockable, just something to do, so there was more guessing involved.
Why does no one sell that game? I heard it's awesome and shitty from different people, I really want to play it.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on January 14, 2008, 12:12:57 AM
Why does no one sell that game? I heard it's awesome and shitty from different people, I really want to play it.

The City Trial mode can be really fun as a party game, but other than that, it doesn't wield much enjoyment after you've completed most of the challenges. In its defense, there are a shitload of challenges (120 for each of the three modes).

It's too bad that Top Ride mode sucks balls and normal Air Ride is only fun for a few runs at a time.

I find it to be a pretty underrated game that shouldn't really be taken as a normal "racing" game. It's one of those love it/hate it games I guess.

Geno

This mode just made me more excited for some reason.

Kalahari Inkantation

Wrench

Kalahari Inkantation

The only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to Brawl is its fighting style. Supposedly, it's more like the original Smash Bros. and less like Melee in terms of fighting style. The original was a slower game than melee was...which scares me, because the original is too slow for me. ;-;

greg400

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 14, 2008, 04:54:51 PM
The only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to Brawl is its fighting style. Supposedly, it's more like the original Smash Bros. and less like Melee in terms of fighting style. The original was a slower game than melee was...which scares me, because the original is too slow for me. ;-;
I just think it looks that way because all of the videos of people playing brawl suck ass and have no idea how to play. You can watch some shitty Melee vids and they look just as slow as the N64 one.
baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 14, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

The gameplay videos on the site make the action look pretty smooth and quick, if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure it won't be as slow as the original SB.

Go Up