April 27, 2024, 02:09:45 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

TooB

Spider Man finished.

Gotta say, probably the best superhero game I've played.

Samus Aran

i bought gravity rush 2 because there wasn't much else i could buy with the google express discount

also i finished ko mech, lawlz's latest game. pretty neat.

Samus Aran

and now i just bought killer 7 on gamecube because of today's ebay coupon

Commander Fuckass

last game I got was Valkyria Chronicles 4 and it's pretty good so far
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

beat mega man x6 and i kind of regret playing it myface;

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on October 01, 2018, 01:14:54 AMbeat mega man x6 and i kind of regret playing it myface;

That regret will fade as you boot up x7

TooB

Picked up Mega Man 11 and Fist of the North Star.

MM11 is pretty tight so far

TooB

Nyerp

bluaki

I finished the Punch Line game. It's sort of a VN/puzzle game.

Like the anime (which ended more than 3 years ago), it has a rather off-putting basic premise but it has a decent story mixed in. Basically, the protagonist is a ghost who's trying to solve the mysteries of what's going on around him while saving his friends from danger and finding a chain of events that prevents a giant meteor from wiping out humanity, which sounds innocent enough but it's ridiculously shameless about an overarching theme of seeing girls' underwear. Even the title is a Japanese pun on "panchira" which basically means panty-shot. Beyond that, there's a really convoluted plot underneath (and I don't mean the kind of "plot" you'll find under their skirts); much of this games' staff like director and scenario writer are the people who worked on the Zero Escape games, so it's filled with time travel shenanigans, time loops, every single character including the protagonist having huge secrets, etc.

The gameplay itself is basically just looking around a 3D room and selecting the right highlighted objects to tamper with. There are two gameplay segments in each chapter (until ch12): "Trick" for trying to scare the occupant of a single room enough to basically get enough ghost exp, and "Trick Chain" for setting up a series of events across several rooms that lead to the desired outcome (like create some noise in room A, get person B to remove their headphones to hear that noise, and give person C a reason to go out into the hallway and run into person B). Both segments give you a limited number of actions, sometimes have a time limit, and make the world blow up if you see someone's underwear. But there's a PSN trophy for going back and seeing them all to get all the game overs.

The game definitely tries to make it feel like you're playing an anime. It plays an opening and ending video near the beginning and end of all 22 chapters, which it calls episodes. It has some FMV scenes taken directly from the anime. There are no branching paths, it's just a linear story with some choices that either lead directly to a game over or just cause minor dialogue changes. It's mostly the same story as the anime with more stuff added.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

Go Up