April 27, 2024, 03:47:32 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

super mario odyssey feels like im playing a Steven Spielberg movie and that aint a compliment

C.Mongler

mario odyssey isnt actually fun until you 'beat' it, fyi lol

TooB

Thyme

hey so uh, hollow knight is pretty damn good

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 01, 2018, 08:49:10 AMmario odyssey isnt actually fun until you 'beat' it, fyi lol
i got to the forest world and it was pretty cool so i changed my mind.

bluaki

Just finished: MapleStory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny

I liked it. Like the name suggests, it's a spinoff of the MMO, with pretty similar sidescrolling/platforming action RPG elements, but imo it works so much better as a single-player campaign on a 3DS than as a grindy PC MMO. Very much unlike the MMO, there's effectively no grinding at all; just defeating the monsters in my way as I explore the levels gives enough exp to progress albeit with fairly challenging boss battles. Compared to what I remember from playing the MMO like a decade ago, this game's character has a unique skill set unlike any of its classes with better animations and tighter platforming controls, and most of this game's areas are based on the same style/themes/music as the MMO but without directly reusing the same levels and with a couple unique worlds.

This game doesn't even have an English release: it's originally Korean and only officially translated to Japanese, but I found out it has a complete English fan-translation so I played that since I installed homebrew on my 3DS. It's pretty much the only worthwhile 3DS fan-translation because the others either are nowhere close to done or of games that have an official English release

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 01, 2018, 06:55:42 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 01, 2018, 08:49:10 AMmario odyssey isnt actually fun until you 'beat' it, fyi lol

I'm assuming (and hoping and praying) it's better than Brap of the Wild. y/n

C.Mongler

i personally think it is, but it has its own issues lol. still fun tho happydood;

reeper

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 02, 2018, 06:47:47 AM
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 01, 2018, 06:55:42 PM

I'm assuming (and hoping and praying) it's better than Brap of the Wild. y/n
its FUN which is nice, prolly my fav switch game so far

Thyme

Quote from: Thyme on September 01, 2018, 09:16:38 AMhey so uh, hollow knight is pretty damn good

^^ just beat it, strong recommend

especially to tec and kaz

@Magyarorszag inb4 "but muh physical release", yeah but then you won't ever get it, as usual, and you'll be missing out on a great game :(

Thyme

oh wait i just looked it up and the physical release won't be released until spring next year lol

just get it digital jfc

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on September 03, 2018, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Thyme on September 01, 2018, 09:16:38 AMhey so uh, hollow knight is pretty damn good

^^ just beat it, strong recommend

especially to tec and kaz

@Magyarorszag inb4 "but muh physical release", yeah but then you won't ever get it, as usual, and you'll be missing out on a great game :(

i'm not so bothered by digital games if physical versions are (practically) unavailable lol, sometimes it's nonsensical to insist on a physical copy if you're only interested in playing and not specifically collecting

of course i still prefer physical releases but there are always reasonable exceptions, pricing and availability chief among them

I actually wasn't even aware Hollow Knight had a physical print. Had I expressed in specifically getting a physical copy before? befuddlement

anyway, ty for the recommendation and verifying that it's good, it's moved up a few spots in my steam wishlist wrench;

Samus Aran

i'll probably get it, but i'll wait a week til the deal is almost over and it's closer to payday

Go Up