April 27, 2024, 03:26:16 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Thyme

Quote from: Samus Aran on September 04, 2018, 11:21:21 AMi'll probably get it, but i'll wait a week til the deal is almost over and it's closer to payday

wrench;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on September 04, 2018, 02:59:14 PMstarted DMC1 smithicide;

aged poorly and really flawed but it's a good game, the combat system is still fun as hell. good you didn't start with 3 or 4 because those would have spoiled you and you'd hate 1 lol

Nyerp

well i've played bayonetta so i still kind of hate it girl;

it is getting more playable the more moves i unlock though

Nyerp

i died 14 times to the 3rd nelo angelo fight goodjob;

Nyerp

well, i beat it

i definitely recognize that i suck ass at the game but...the fixed camera system is just awful

whatever fun the combat system provides is often overridden by jarring camera cuts that can completely throw you for a loop and leave you disoriented

oh, and the platforming, and the random end-game shmup segments, and the bird boss which turns the game into a shooter (that you fight three times), and the horrible blob boss (that you fight three times)

like, there's a solid foundation here for sure, with launchers and stingers and juggling etc. etc.

but i can't really say i personally enjoyed the game that much, sadly

on to dmc2 LOL

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on September 07, 2018, 10:31:24 PMwell, i beat it

i definitely recognize that i suck ass at the game but...the fixed camera system is just awful

whatever fun the combat system provides is often overridden by jarring camera cuts that can completely throw you for a loop and leave you disoriented

oh, and the platforming, and the random end-game shmup segments, and the bird boss which turns the game into a shooter (that you fight three times), and the horrible blob boss (that you fight three times)

like, there's a solid foundation here for sure, with launchers and stingers and juggling etc. etc.

on to dmc2 LOL

Get used to fixed camera btw

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on September 07, 2018, 10:31:24 PMwell, i beat it

on to dmc2 LOL

i skipped 2 and went straight to 3. 3 and 4 are a million times better than the first game lol

Samus Aran

the fact that i seem to have temporarily misplaced my kiwi green game boy color made me finally break down and start getting other game boy color models, something i've been meaning to do forever

for my first one i've chosen the limited yellow+blue pokemon one. in this case it's a refurbished model with a rechargeable battery pack.

Nyerp

mega man x5 is dreadful. i wasn't expecting the quality to drop THIS hard. also did i accidentally select easy mode because it seems like every mid-level checkpoint is permanent even if you "game over," rendering the lives system completely pointless. what the fuck?

Samus Aran

lmao yea 5 is way, way worse than previous 4

and then 6 is worse still 5thgrade;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i finished the main story of Mario Odyssey

the worlds are fun but the hat is kind of a dumb gimmick. also there are bits in this game that remind me too much of the 3d sonics (the humans, the dumb songs with lyrics). Also post game beefs up the fun quite a bit, but it falls victim to Here's A Bunch of Bullshit To Collect Syndrome.

the coolest fucking thing was transforming from 2d mario to 3d mario in levels. i wish there was more of that. also cool they brought back Yoshi even if it was for just one level. the worst thing was that it didn't have the same Mario feel that I'm used to and also idr any of the music.

7/10

Thyme

jump up superstar is a bopper tho

i guess 1400

ClassicTyler

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Go Up