May 28, 2024, 03:32:31 PM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, October 28, 2010, 05:48:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:01:14 PM
because religious people dont get away with a whole lot on a daily basis. i dunno about where you live, but here if you even express your theism in the slightest people will laugh at you. the mere mentioning of jesus is funny.
oh it must be so awkward being part of the 85% of the population

Quotethe people chose to pass prop 8. whether or not you agree with them pretty much doesn't matter.
i thought the point was something about other people's beliefs and why atheists are such assholes or something.

though i guess we can use proposition 39439 which passes laws based on and funded by atheists as an example of those asshole atheitss

Quoteand btw the two bold words are both very different, so i guess that's where the problem is.
yeah i mean saying a fictional being isn't real is so much assholish than trying to tell a person that their life sucks and they are unhappy

Quotethe whole point of agnosticism is that there's probably some divine being that orchestrated some sort of beginning of life.
wait what

Quoteyou can't just pick a god and be happy with it, they (in theory) looked at all of the religions and didnt find any that made logical sense to them. so they say, atheism assumes too much happened based off of chance, and the thought of a god that likes circumcized penises is strange, so let's assume that it's something else.
are you making up what agnosticism is

Quoteatheism assumes too much happened based off of chance

methinks you doth protest too much listen to too many apologetic arguments

there is a middle ground. the thought that there isn't is pretty ignorant.
too lazy to find that 1-7 thing.

though i think it's more ignorant to give equal credence of the belief of something in spite of the lack of supporting evidence and the lack of believe of something due to the lack of supporting evidence
Quote from: YPR on October 28, 2010, 09:14:37 PM
Oh hey some guy tried to convert me on the streets today too...

He was trying to sell some book on Hinduism I believe... I could pay him any amount for it... It looked kind of cool so I was tempted, but I would have only paid a dollar for it and that seemed like it would have been mean. He was a pretty poor salesman though, saying generic things like "you look like a cool guy" and "oh your major is political science? awesome!"

The political science being awesome part totally cost him akudood;
wait what the lol they have hindus in america converting people?

?????

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:15:28 PM
europe isn't as religious as america. did you not know this?
What does this have to do with democracy sucking and me moving to Europe?

Do you mean those props would be more likely to pass in Europe?
Die for Dethklok

YPrrrr

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 09:19:04 PM
wait what the lol they have hindus in america converting people?

Yes, I believe they're Bhakti. Not so much converting as trying to sell a book of stories about the Hindu gods I think confuseddood;

They're really nice anyway girl;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Completely unrelated maybe, but I met some Tibetan Buddhists last year and they were the funniest, warmest people I have ever met.

?????

Quote from: Fandango on October 28, 2010, 09:27:50 PM
Completely unrelated maybe, but I met some Tibetan Buddhists last year and they were the funniest, warmest people I have ever met.

I bet all Tibetan Buddhists are just like that.
Die for Dethklok

rdl

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 09:19:04 PM
oh it must be so awkward being part of the 85% of the population
They're not quite as vocal as half the asshole atheist i've met are.

Quotei thought the point was something about other people's beliefs and why atheists are such assholes or something.
you should know me by now i never remember the point of what im arguing

Quotethough i guess we can use proposition 39439 which passes laws based on and funded by atheists as an example of those asshole atheitss
what does this mean

Quoteyeah i mean saying a fictional being isn't real is so much assholish than trying to tell a person that their life sucks and they are unhappy
you said implying and telling. im trying to make a point out of that. what it comes down to is essentially telling the other party that they're stupid. would you rather someone told you that you're a moron, or that they implied it? being told straight out is hard hitting, having it implied is just kind of awkward and degrading. they're both not nice, but, oh well.

Quotewait what
are you making up what agnosticism is
agnosticism is belief that there's some sort of divine force that acts without having a sort of religion set up to worship him. what else would it be.

Quotemethinks you doth protest too much listen to too many apologetic arguments
i dont understand yo
oh
wait wait wait, how could atheism not operate off of chance? how else could it be organized without the belief in an organizer? big bang happened by chance, earth was formed by chance, earth became inhabitable instead of mars and venus because it ended up just far away from the sun, microorganisms evolved because of that.

it all roots in an event that could or could not have happened. but it did. correct

Quotetoo lazy to find that 1-7 thing.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Quotethough i think it's more ignorant to give equal credence of the belief of something in spite of the lack of supporting evidence and the lack of believe of something due to the lack of supporting evidence
of course you do why would you not

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 09:24:19 PM
What does this have to do with democracy sucking and me moving to Europe?

Do you mean those props would be more likely to pass in Europe?
what do you think

Socks

Quote from: YPR on October 28, 2010, 09:26:19 PM
Yes, I believe they're Bhakti. Not so much converting as trying to sell a book of stories about the Hindu gods I think confuseddood;

They're really nice anyway girl;

what the hell is wrong with you passing up those books and not giving the guy any money?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 09:28:24 PM
I bet all Tibetan Buddhists are just like that.

You get the feeling that they were absolutely completely utterly genuine when they talk. There was no bullshit. When they said they were interested in what you were saying, they were. It was........satisfying.

?????

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:29:42 PM
what do you think

I think you should be more clear.

Quote from: Fandango on October 28, 2010, 09:30:55 PM
You get the feeling that they were absolutely completely utterly genuine when they talk. There was no bullshit. When they said they were interested in what you were saying, they were. It was........satisfying.

That's how they trick you into their vans full of candy.
Die for Dethklok

YPrrrr

Quote from: Socks on October 28, 2010, 09:30:17 PM
what the hell is wrong with you passing up those books and not giving the guy any money?
I only had 13 dollars, all of which I owed to a friend saddood;

Damn it Socks you sold me better than he did :'(

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 09:33:12 PM

That's how they trick you into their vans full of candy.

Oh.

I wish I knew that before they coaxed me into their van full of candy.

rdl

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 09:33:12 PM
europe = not religious
america = religious

america = no gay rights, contradicts bible
europe = not religious, doesnt care about bible, chances are theyre cool with gays because why else hate them

?????

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:34:53 PM
europe = not religious
america = religious

europe = not religious, doesnt care about bible, chances are theyre cool with gays because why else hate them

But my brain is teensy, teeny small.
Die for Dethklok

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:34:53 PM
europe = not religious
america = religious

:(

Hey man, let's cut back on the thrusters and slow down a bit.

rdl

i dont even remember why im pissy

but chances are i have a bad reason.

now im pissed because i always reuse the same figures of speech and it's annoying because then i feel retarded.

Go Up