June 07, 2024, 12:03:07 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, October 28, 2010, 05:48:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

telling him flat out there is no god is probably worse than him telling you there is

just shut the fuck up

spaceman

don't let's

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 06:19:54 PM
because we have to deal with idiots loool
I don't know. Sometimes people go out of their way to cause trouble for somebody else and bring them down and make them feel worthless.

Cookie

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
god is real believe or die

that is stupid

u jelly atheist?

Sounds like a 13~15 year old on facebook pretending to know what they're talking about.

Daddy

Quote from: Live on October 28, 2010, 06:31:40 PM
I don't know. Sometimes people go out of their way to cause trouble for somebody else and bring them down and make them feel worthless.
Yeah, I stopped answering the door for Jehovah's Witnesses akudood;

wawi

Socks

Quote from: Live on October 28, 2010, 06:31:40 PM

I've moved on and no longer attempt to correct others with regard to religion. I have my own spirituality and sense of being. It is enough. I am not an atheist, but I am a believer in the common decency of man, and you don't need teaching to realize this.

rdl

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 06:19:54 PM
because we have to deal with idiots loool
i respect agnostics.
my respect for atheists seems to wane as i get older. usually it's the other way around, i'd assume.

burzumfan420

?????

Uhh that kids refers to Jesus as Yahweh. Yahweh is God not Jesus. Maybe he believes in the Holy Trinity then yeah I guess you could kinda refer to Jesus as Yahweh.

You should have jumped on him when he said Darwin's prayers weren't answered and asked him why. His argument sucked though, especially the story about his mom: This happened so it's for sure because of God.

btw it seems like you don't know much about religion either since you did not provide a good argument. You should have explained the big bang theory (seems like you don't know much of it though) and evolution.

Both of you need to actually think about religion before just saying "HURR IM RITE U WRONG"
Die for Dethklok

Daddy

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 07:08:22 PM
i respect agnostics.
my respect for atheists seems to wane as i get older. usually it's the other way around, i'd assume.
you mean agnostics whose logic could be applied to every other god or mythical being or ghosts or aliens yet they chose not to believe in those

or agnostics who fall under the subset of atheism

also i like how just telling someone that god isn't real in a comment on facebook is the point where atheists are assholes but apparently implying one's life cannot be happy or good without god isn't assholish.

or passing laws to enforce religious morality

why is it that the threshold for atheists being an asshole always seems to be much lower than what religious people get away with on a daily basis

?????

Die for Dethklok

Daddy

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 07:54:17 PM
Because atheists are in the minority? der
better a muslin who believes in god then a heathen

?????

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 07:56:17 PM
better a muslin who believes in god then a heathen
prrty much

I think the only reason religion is so popular is because it gives people goals (in a way). Rewards them for being good and makes them feel like they're a part of something bigger. Know what I mean?
Die for Dethklok

Socks

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 07:52:27 PM
you mean agnostics whose logic could be applied to every other god or mythical being or ghosts or aliens yet they chose not to believe in those

appropriate standards of evidence. in other words, common sense. fairies and pixies do not apply, as their abstract services are rather meaningless.  

Go Up