June 16, 2024, 04:25:58 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Yeah, pretty much. DeS online scene is almost nonexistent at this point, pretty well restricted to a handful of players seeking PvP on 4-1.

Nyerp

killed storm king (THE POWER OF GOD AWESOME) and maiden astraea (:()

[spoiler]i fell into the pit of babies and died sillydood;[/spoiler]

Nyerp

July 28, 2015, 11:22:40 AM #227 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:11:47 PM by Nyerp
allant is complete fucking horseshit

is this even possible without the ability to roll fast?

Samus Aran

what do you mean "roll fast"

you're not fat rolling, are you? a roll with your equip load under 50% or your max is what you should always have at the very least.

there are movement speeds faster than below 50% equip load, but the differences are less noticeable than under 50% vs over 50%, and generally unnecessary

some simple tips to kill allant include:

-do not use magic weapons or spells as allant is highly magic resistant
-keep moving so as to not get caught by the soulsucker grab
-use your shield a lot, most of his standard strikes are easily absorbed by your shield
-when he points his sword down and starts glowing, he is about to do his AoE attack. if you are a good distance from him, you can run away from this, if not, instead attack him because you can interrupt the attack with your own.
-since this is a generally close-range melee fight with an aggressive boss, you're going to be dodging a lot and absorbing a lot of hits in your shield, so good stamina management is a must. you can use the eternal warrior's ring to help, but mostly you just need to be good at knowing when you can leave your shield down to get stamina back faster. and remember that blocking his rush of combo'd strikes takes more stamina than simply dodging out of the way and avoiding the whole combo in one dodge.

TooB

Nyerp

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on July 28, 2015, 06:19:07 PM
what do you mean "roll fast"

you're not fat rolling, are you?

i've been playing the whole game while avoiding rolling LMAO. am i just supposed to wear really weak armor to get below 50%? im not sure i have any

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on July 28, 2015, 06:19:07 PM
-since this is a generally close-range melee fight with an aggressive boss, you're going to be dodging a lot and absorbing a lot of hits in your shield, so good stamina management is a must. you can use the eternal warrior's ring to help

uhhh getting that ring is harder than the final boss lol

the main problem i have with this fight is that sometimes he starts that fucking combo RIGHT after i attack him and he destroys me. so i guess i really do need the fast roll

also he soulsucked me once and i got really pissed and ragequit lol. that move is bullshit

Quote from: Thyme on July 28, 2015, 06:25:54 PM
and there's always the "thyme is a fucking faggot" method of [glow=black,2,300]shooting arrows at him from a distance right when you enter[/glow]

tbh if i get soulsucked again i'm trying this

Samus Aran

oh damn you've been avoiding rolling? tbh rolling well is the ideal way to play any souls game. i mean shields are great but a balance between the two is what you want. and you'll want to be good at rolling if you ever play bloodborne cause that one doesn't have shields and it's faster-paced

anyway, i mean yeah you have to sacrifice some armor strength to be able to roll better. it's not a bad switch if you do get better at rolling, as being able to dodge and take no damage at all is certainly better than being able to withstand slightly more damage.

i think for my demon's souls build i wear pretty heavy armor but i use the ring that doubles max equip load so that i still stay under 50% of my max. ring of great strength. very easy to find, it's in 1-1 under the dragon's tail in the dragon nest area.

Nyerp

yeah i have that ring. guess i'll try it. thanks

Nyerp

BEAT THE GAME AWESOME i give it a 9/10

i beat false allant in one try after putting the ring of great strength on lol. i can't believe i played through most of the game without rolling. i didn't even have to sacrifice any of the armor i was wearing

thanks for all the help & advice guys. i'll be sure to spam the dark souls thread someday too :)

Samus Aran

yeah rolling is probably the single most important mechanic of the entire series lol

glad you enjoyed, def play dark souls soon too. it's even better imo wrench;

Kalahari Inkantation

congratulations nyerp giggle;

i'm amazed you even made it as far as you did without rolling lol, it's one of the most essential abilities in the game

even well before false allant, i can't imagine how difficult it must have been to take down earlier swift and agile bosses like flamelurker (well, the legitimate way at least)

how did you feel about the ending lol

and i very much look forward for seeing you spam the dark souls thread, it really is better than demon's in nearly every way

Samus Aran

tbh as adamant as i am about mostly playing souls games "legit" as in mostly with melee tactics and a lot of rolling, for flamelurker i still mostly hide behind my purple flame shield cause i just don't really like that boss

Kalahari Inkantation

i was determined to fight him legitimately in my second playthrough after cowering behind a rib cage in my first

i didn't even use the purple flame shield (mostly because i couldn't yet wield it), but he's really not so bad as long as you stay on the move and pay attention to his move telegraphs so that you know when to roll lol (((and really that strategy could apply to pretty much any soul boss)))

honestly i would even say i think he's pretty fun now

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on July 29, 2015, 03:08:41 PM
i was determined to fight him legitimately in my second playthrough after cowering behind a rib cage in my first

i didn't even use the purple flame shield (mostly because i couldn't yet wield it), but he's really not so bad as long as you stay on the move and pay attention to his move telegraphs so that you know when to roll lol (((and really that strategy could apply to pretty much any soul boss)))

honestly i would even say i think he's pretty fun now
I actually really kinda like that boss. I do like how active it is and stuff

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectron on July 29, 2015, 02:39:36 PM
congratulations nyerp giggle;

i'm amazed you even made it as far as you did without rolling lol, it's one of the most essential abilities in the game

even well before false allant, i can't imagine how difficult it must have been to take down earlier swift and agile bosses like flamelurker (well, the legitimate way at least)

how did you feel about the ending lol

and i very much look forward for seeing you spam the dark souls thread, it really is better than demon's in nearly every way

yeah for flamelurker i waited until i was able to use the purple flame shield and i also switched to the crescent falchion because my longsword just wasn't cutting it and he's weak to magic. it just involved a lot of running in and hitting him right after his explosion attacks and then backing off. this method also worked well for penetrator since you can just duck under his pentetration attack and get a hit in. allant was the first boss to be so aggressive as to immediately punish me for attacking him.

i liked the ending. poor maiden in black :'( allant's motivation for doing what he did was pretty lame though

Go Up