October 19, 2024, 09:31:59 AM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Boyah, New Admins, New rules

Started by Daddy, July 15, 2007, 02:16:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Hello, Now that we have moved our domain and have changed up the administration we have new rules.

Welcome to The Lobby!
This board is widely regarded as Boyah's "General Discussion" board. However, you should not interpret this to mean that The Lobby is where "anything goes". Although it is okay to discuss a wide range of topics here, you should try to keep most of your discussions somewhat related to JMV290. Seriously off-topic posts may be deleted without warning at the moderator's discretion.

Please remember that all of our normal rules and Unwritten Rules apply on this board. The following are just a few guidelines that are important to remember for The Lobby.

Do not flood the board
Flooding The Lobby board is a serious offense and will be punished harshly. If there is a thread about a specific topic, please do not create another thread remarkably similar to it. If you attempt to flood the section by yourself or if you participate in so-called "fad threads", you will be subject to an account suspension for an indefinite period of time.

Do not spam
Spamming is a broadly defined term that can describe a variety of problems in a post. Generally, "spamming" refers to posts that contribute little to no content. You should always be sure that whatever you post has a clear and distinct point. Remember: The Lobby is a message board, not a chatroom.
Spam threads are subject to being locked or deleted without notice, and may result in more severe punishment if you create them too often.

Do not flame
Flaming is when you are intentionally hostile towards any user or group of users, and is strictly prohibited on Boyah. You may not insult anyone here, whether it is directly or indirectly. Having debates with people is fine, but it crosses the line when you start to throw out personal attacks.
If you or anyone you know is flamed by someone, do not retaliate with flaming of your own. Simply report the post to a moderator, and let us take care of the situation. If you flame in retaliation, you will be just as guilty as the user who started the attack.

Do not troll
Trolling is when you write posts to spark negative user reactions. You should not come here looking for a fight. Whether or not you are trolling is left to the discretion of the moderating staff. If you see a user trolling on The Lobby, please do not reply to their posts. Simply Report Abuse to a Moderator, and the situation will be handled by one of us.

Do not provide or ask for personal information
As per the Privacy Policy, you must keep your personal information to yourself while on Boyah. This rule qualifies for your posts, your profile, your private messages, your signatures, and your Live Chat conversations. What qualifies as personal information is mostly up to you, but the following is a list of things you must never disclose at any time:

Your real name
    Your location
    Your age
    Your contact information (e-mail address, Instant messenger handles, blog profiles, etc.)
    Your Boyah Log-in Name and/or Password
    Your IP address
    Your Friend Codes
    Your Race
    Your height
    Your screenname
    Your thoughts
    Your Gender
    Your species
    Your shoe size
    Your weight
    Your pets
    Your location 3.5 years ago (3.4 and 3.6 are fine)
    Your friends
    Your language
    Your favorite game

Whether you agree with this restriction is not up to debate. You must not share or conspire to share personal information in any way while on Boyah.

Do not censor bypass
You must keep your posts appropriate at all times. To ensure that you do so, we have set up a list of words that are censored on Boyah. If your message contains any of these words, the forums will remove it before the post is submitted. You may not bypass the censor by blocking out letters or implying that you are swearing ("****" and "$#@&" both qualify as censor bypassing), intentionally misspelling the word, using HTML, putting spaces or characters between letters, or any other creative bypassing technique you can think of.

If the censors block a word from use, you must delete that word entirely.

Keep your posts appropriate
Although you are allowed to discuss a wide range of topics here, you must remember that this is an awesome forum at its core. As a result, you must bear in mind that there are certain topics of discussion that have no place on Boyah. Topics that involve touchy social issues such as (but certainly not limited to) racism, sex, politics, religion, criminal behavior, and excessive violence should not be posted whatsoever.

Do not abuse script
If you cannot use HTML or any other scripting languages responsibly, please do not use them at all. Manipulating code in order to interfere with the structure or technical restrictions of Boyahr is a very serious offense and will be punished.

Do not advertise
The Lobby is not the place for you to advertise your website, threads, or clubs. Do not post or PM advertisements in any way, shape, or form. If you post an advertisement here, the thread is subject to be locked or deleted. If you do it on a regular basis, you may be punished even further.

What should I do if I see someone breaking the rules?
If you see a user that is breaking any of the Boyah, you should use the Report Abuse to the Moderator function. In the "Additional Notes" section, you can briefly explain what the problem is. Please do not reply to any users who are causing trouble for any reason (especially if you are flaming them or informing them that you reported their posts). Replying to problem threads give rule violators unnecessary attention, and effectively bump their threads and expose the problem to more users.

Replying to problem threads only makes matters worse. Just report the rule violation and ignore the thread completely.

What do I do if my post is locked or deleted?
If your thread is locked or deleted but you want clarification why, please do not write a new thread asking, "Why was my post deleted"? Such posts will be deleted as well.

Post tits or GTFO
Females are required to PM me all nudes if they wish to keep their accounts.

Enjoy yourselves, and have fun!
The primary goal of Boyah is for JMV290 fans to have a place to communicate in stimulating conversation with other JMV290 fans. Enjoy your time on The Lobby, and Boyahr in general

Tomboh

Daddy

Quote from: RAWL on July 15, 2007, 02:17:56 PM
Your rules say not to share any personal info and yet you want girls to show you their tits?
I didn't say tits or vagoo were personal info. In fact. Pictures weren't included.

Feynman

Tomboh

Quote from: JMV290 on July 15, 2007, 02:16:05 PM
Your Gender

QuotePost tits or GTFO
Females are required to PM me all nudes if they wish to keep their accounts.

lol wut

Daddy

Quote from: Steve on July 15, 2007, 02:21:42 PM
lol wut
It's PM to me, we require that info to administrate the forum.

Kalahari Inkantation

6M69I69B9

Flaming and Trolling always happens...  psyduck;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

Daddy

6M69I69B9

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

ncba93ivyase

I dunno, I think these might be better guidelines...

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on July 15, 2007, 02:29:12 PM
I dunno, I think these might be better guidelines...

this man is correctimoondo

6M69I69B9

Quote from: JMV290 on July 15, 2007, 02:29:20 PM
kw33r
u don't owbject 2 wat I sed

i r not fag, n u r a cocksucking faggot.

Go Up