July 01, 2024, 01:39:10 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Things I disliked about Twilight Princess. (Spoilers)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 21, 2007, 03:18:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Talk about things that you disliked about TP here. Here's what I didn't like about it-

1: The enemies.
WAAY too easy. I mean, come on, not even the bosses were difficult. Just look at Armoghoma. Shoot him in the eye, crush him with the statue. Repeat two times. How easy is that? He didn't even change his strategy (And no, the little eyeball that was the REAL Armoghoma doesn't count).

2: The music.
The music was great, but I REALLY hated how Stallord and Dibaba had the same songs for the first half of their boss battles, and how Argorok and Morpheel had EXACTLY THE SAME SONGS. What was that about? Even Wind Waker was able to have different songs for every boss, why not Twilight Princess? Come on, Nintendo and Koji, you can do better.

3: Zant.
Well, I didn't actually dislike Zant, or his insane personality, he was tons of fun to fight. What I DID dislike was how short the battle with him was. They should've made it so that he acted like every single boss and miniboss, not just a few of them. D:

4: The absense of Wall/Floor Masters.
These things used to terrify me as a kid playing Ocarina of Time. They would've been PERFECT for TP. So why weren't they on it? Yeah, there was that hand thing stalking you for the Sol, but that was only one Wallmaster-like enemy. We should've seen some falling out of ceilings and jumping on you, giving you a good scare.

5: The new Redeads.
What happened to the crazy blood-sucking dead guys we all knew and loved? They were such incredible enemies. Now, all we have is these sword-swinging, unoriginal enemies that almost never hit you with the sword anyway. WHY? D:

Discuss.

MARIOMANIAC21

I bought it on release and it got so boring I still haven't beaten it navi;

Samus Aran

I miss the Wallmasters and Floormasters as well...those things creeped the fuck out of me back in aLttP, and seeing them in OoT was a real treat for me. I pretty much agree with you on all of those points. Another complaint I have is the new items, particularly the spinner and that statue-controlling rod thingy. They were both pointless after having used them in their according dungeons or events.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kaz on June 21, 2007, 03:32:11 PM
I miss the Wallmasters and Floormasters as well...those things creeped the fuck out of me back in aLttP, and seeing them in OoT was a real treat for me. I pretty much agree with you on all of those points. Another complaint I have is the new items, particularly the spinner and that statue-controlling rod thingy. They were both pointless after having used them in their according dungeons or events.

I think the Spinner was pretty awesome, but the DEFINATELY could've done more with the Dominion Rod. Well, not just the Rod itself, but the Owl Statues that you had to move with it. Instead of just going up to Owl Statues and moving them for a Sky Character, why not make getting each Sky Character a bit of a challenge? They could've had eight mini dungeons, and at the end of ever dungeon was a Mini-boss-like enemy (but not like the other Mini-bosses we've seen, but totally new ones). Defeat the enemy, open a door, and in the door is an Owl Statue to move. THAT would've been much more interesting and enjoyable.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: RAWL. on June 21, 2007, 03:22:05 PM
I bought it on release and it got so boring I still haven't beaten it navi;

That's just insanity. psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

The first five hours are the worst moments in gaming history. The shitting fishing and do other favors for the retards of the village was annoying. Also, why do you have to go around as some dumbass wolf and kill beetles? That whole idea, along with the entire twilight realm (leave that to series with a dark theme, like Metroid) and wolf shit, was horrible.

I'm in the water temple and I'm never going to finish the game.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: steal on June 21, 2007, 05:20:23 PM
Things I disliked:

The Twilight Realm, I can't be the only one who thought it was a chore to get out of those boring segments. Every time I got stuck in the Twilight Realm I felt like all I wanted to do was get over with this shit and get back to the main game, and hunting down all those little bugs every single time was terribly boring. It just felt like a chore, and it sure as hell wasn't fun.

Like every other 3D Zelda (with the exception of maybe Majora's Mask), it was too damn easy. I died, I think, twice.

I loved using that spinner thing in the desert temple, and that boss fight was probably my favorite in the whole game, but I hardly ever used it after I beat that temple, which was a damn shame. Same goes with pretty much every other new item in the game.

The Ball and Chain was used pretty often. flower;

demonprince

Things I disliked about TP:
Everything cus, Zelda sux.  navi;

The artist formally known

6. Absence of extra weapons like the Big Goron Sword and lack of extra weapons. Theres only two swords, two tunic that are actually worth using, and two swords. The game lacked a lot of the extra shit, bosses were easy and the game was short for what I expected.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ◕ ◡ ◕ on June 21, 2007, 07:35:22 PM
6. Absence of extra weapons like the Big Goron Sword and lack of extra weapons. Theres only two swords, two tunic that are actually worth using, and two swords. The game lacked a lot of the extra shit, bosses were easy and the game was short for what I expected.

Oh yeah, I agree there. The Magic Armor was retarded. They could've added an extra sidequest for a better sword, too, and another dungeon for a Mirror Shield. Also, why no Magic Power? All of these things would've helped make the game longer and better, but noooo, we don't wanna add them in. gonk;
I guess all they tried to focus on was one main story, but they focused so hard that they kind of ruined it, sadly.

Kalahari Inkantation

Eru_Roraito

Quote from: ⠸⠁⠺⠸⠵ on June 21, 2007, 04:53:20 PM
The first five hours are the worst moments in gaming history. The Shetting fishing and do other favors for the retards of the village was annoying. Also, why do you have to go around as some dumbass wolf and kill beetles? That whole idea, along with the entire twilight realm (leave that to series with a dark theme, like Metroid) and wolf Shet, was horrible.

It took you five hours to get out of Ordon?
Will eat for food.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Eru_Roraito on June 22, 2007, 03:02:46 PM
Quote from: ⠸⠁⠺⠸⠵ on June 21, 2007, 04:53:20 PM
The first five hours are the worst moments in gaming history. The Shetting fishing and do other favors for the retards of the village was annoying. Also, why do you have to go around as some dumbass wolf and kill beetles? That whole idea, along with the entire twilight realm (leave that to series with a dark theme, like Metroid) and wolf Shet, was horrible.

It took you five hours to get out of Ordon?
The entire dog and first temple shit also hogged up loads of bullshit.

I'm not sure how much time I have into the game, but I know it's far too much.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up