April 26, 2024, 11:25:08 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ban discord

Started by 6M69I69B9, December 15, 2021, 07:29:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

silvertone

ME##

we tried to have a zero tolerance policy on discord and it failed miserably

YPrrrr

I tried only posting here and it was lonely rip

strongbad

my thoughts as a relatively new (reluctant) discord convert

discord works well as a replacement for the chat thread, which seemed to be most of boyah activity anyway

discord is a lot worse for themed threads. it was nice having threads that you could go back to and know where the conversation would be focused. instead you often end up feeling like you're interrupting whatever everyone else is talking about if you want to talk about something specific

i think for the forum to actually work the site itself would need a LOT of love. boyah 2.0 was a failure and didn't introduce a single good feature (correct me if i'm wrong) and instead broke a lot of finely tuned, boyah-specific features. discord is a fresh piece of technology with a lot of niceties and i feel like there is really nothing special about boyah.net besides the emotes (which are also on discord lol)

i preferred the old boyah format and it is kind of sad to think that we may never get it back. the discord community is still nice and seems to bring in a lot more activity than the forum was bringing in (even pre-boyah 2.0) so it's not black and white imo

ikanaide

i think discord is just more conducive to having a greater amount of activity, the format of the platform itself just makes it way easier to have quick random convos about any little thing. it's similar to chat thread in terms of the types of conversation but just way more efficient and organised. it's like if the chat thread was instant with the messages taking up less space on the screen and you didn't have to load 50 pages of php generated content just to catch up on what people were talking about.

the forum at a glance just looks like the remains of a community that once was, on a site that isn't properly maintained anymore. the old school forum format with the slower paced more divided out convos has its own appeal i guess but idk what to talk about when it's so dead. like there would be more to post about if there were more posts, but there can't be more posts without posting..

just use both tbh

strongbad

My other issue is that i still don't know who half the people on discord are

Like I didn't even know you were on it ikanaide lol

YPrrrr

Huh I didn't realize he was on there either

Good point about the focused threads. Sometimes I come in too late and it feels bad to necro a topic and yeah other times you have something offtopic you want to talk about but you don't want to interrupt the current flow of conversation

But yea unfortunately the forum doesn't really work for discussion right now because only about 10 people check it

Samus Aran

December 17, 2021, 02:50:12 PM #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:57:06 PM by Samus Aran
Quote from: strongbad on December 17, 2021, 08:43:26 AMMy other issue is that i still don't know who half the people on discord are

he is???

anyway my problem with the discord is that there are genuinely shitty people there that i really don't want to interact with at all

and the general humor style of the boyah discord seems to be stuck in 2007 with a lot of edgy bullshit with stuff like racism, misogyny, and bizarre "anti-sjw" discourse that teeters between ironic and genuine

it's fuckin stupid tbh and there's no real reason for me to ever say much in there when i have much better communities to hang out in. and that makes me genuinely miss when this forum was active after all the shitters were purged out

Nyerp

strongbad

we could be the change we want to see

I wouldn't be opposed to helping implement some site improvements

YPrrrr

Yea I'm not sure why we had to send out notifications to everyone that makes conversations feel like you're on 4chan but pandoras box is open I guess

strongbad

Wait when did we do that

strongbad

I didn't realize boyah was so divided :(

Thyme

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 17, 2021, 02:50:12 PM
Quote from: strongbad on December 17, 2021, 08:43:26 AMMy other issue is that i still don't know who half the people on discord are

he is???

anyway my problem with the discord is that there are genuinely shitty people there that i really don't want to interact with at all

and the general humor style of the boyah discord seems to be stuck in 2007 with a lot of edgy bullshit with stuff like racism, misogyny, and bizarre "anti-sjw" discourse that teeters between ironic and genuine

it's fuckin stupid tbh and there's no real reason for me to ever say much in there when i have much better communities to hang out in. and that makes me genuinely miss when this forum was active after all the shitters were purged out

ah, glad it's not just me lmao

Go Up