March 23, 2019, 05:29:00 AM

1,535,836 Posts in 46,068 Topics by 1,070 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

52 Games in 52 Weeks - 2019 Edition of Despair

Started by Samus Aran, January 01, 2019, 11:41:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

January 01, 2019, 11:41:15 AM Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:07:54 PM by Samus Aran
HELL YEA BITCHES time to fail this again

KAZ'S DOMAIN: VOLUME 2

Currently Playing/Plan on Playing Soon:

-Nier
-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
-Narcissu 1st/2nd
-Bayonetta
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-God of War 2018
-Quake
-Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
-Inside
-Dust: An Elysian Tale
-Yoshi's Woolly World
-Metroid: Other M
-Golden Sun
-Dragon Quest III
-Mega Man Legends
-Valkyria Chronicles 4
-Madworld
-Kirby's Epic Yarn

Finished:

1. Mega Man 11 - 1/2 - 3.5 hrs
2. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones  - 1/26 - 38 hrs
3. Savant - Ascent - 2/2 - 30 minutes
4. Sonic Mania - 2/6 - 6 hrs
5. BioShock 2 - 2/14 - 14 hrs
6. Mario & Wario - 2/16 - 4 hrs
7. Dragonball Z: Super Butouden 3 - 2/18 - 15 minutes
8. Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 3/9 - 40 hrs

SloppyJimbo

January 01, 2019, 11:58:23 AM #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:04:58 PM by SloppyJimbo
SloppyJimbo's Domain

Completed:
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 1/4 - 75-80 hrs
  • Night in the Woods - 1/20 - 5-10 hrs
  • What Remains of Edith Finch - 1/21 - 2-3 hrs
  • Tacoma - 1/27 - 2-3 hrs
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - 2/17 - 30-35 hrs
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - 2/24 - 55-60hrs

[move][/move]

Nyerp

January 01, 2019, 01:06:33 PM #2 Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:59:39 PM by Nyerp
Nyerp Town

Currently Playing:

-Final Fantasy """3"""

Completed:

1. Smash Bros. Ultimate: World of Light (100%) - 1/14 - 31:10:05

2. Kingdom Hearts 3 - 2/5 - 39:42:05

3. Kid Icarus: Uprising - 2/21 - 8:58:26

4. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 3/13 - 60:19

5. LittleBigPlanet 3 (Story Mode) - 3/18 - ~5 hours

TooB

January 01, 2019, 01:37:21 PM #3 Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:50:41 AM by TooB
TooB's DomAIn

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (1/9/19)

2. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (1/21/19)

3. Kingdom hearts 2.8 (1/22/19)

4. Kingdom Hearts 3 (2/2/19)

5. Resident Evil 2 REmake (2/7/19)

6. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (3/5/19)

7. Devil May Cry 5 (3/15/19)

C.Mongler

January 01, 2019, 05:31:37 PM #4 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:49:06 PM by C.Mongler
CHARLES MONGLER'S GAMES N PAINS EMPORIUM

Currently on the ole' docket:
-Dark Souls Remastered on Switch
-Travis Strikes Back
-Crackdown 3
-SPYRO?

THE LIST:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 1/1/2019 - 40 something hours? Idk lol
Score: 5/5
so yeah I obviously chunked away at this mostly in 2018, but I finally finished it on my final day of vacation lol. anyway, this game has a fucking incredible narrative imo. some of the character building a plot development is some of the best i've ever experienced. it's probably the single best prequel, narrative wise , i've ever seen too. that said, the game has some really weird/dumb gameplay issues that it really shouldn't have. the first like 10-15 hours are a total slog. open world rockstar games still control and feel like dogshit, and this one adds shit tons of button holding on top of it. but i found the story so fuckin' sweet that i can overlook all the large pile of minor grievances i have with the rest of the game so fuck it.

2. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - 1/9/2019 - 8 hours or so
okay first off this game is fucking ADORABLE. but it's also really fucking fun. at the end of the day it's just a platformer, but it does a bunch of really cool and unique-to-VR shit that just constantly keeps you smiling like "damn that's clever". the boss fights were also all really fun to play. this is a must play if you have a PS VR for sure. my only complaint is the soundtrack could have used a couple more songs. by the end of the game you've heard the same song reused like three (or more?) times. it didnt matter too much because the songs included were friggin sweet tho.

3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 1/13/2019 - 30 somethin' hours
by 'beat' i mean i unlocked every character and also beat world of light. beat classic mode a handful of times too but whatever. anyway, this is probably my favorite smash ever, and rightly so because EVERYONE IS HERE. there's much god damn content in this game i really don't know how sakurai has maintained any of his sanity. i look forward to smashing for many days and years to come. also the belmonts fucking RULE.

4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 1/22/2019 - Like 7 hours
Score: 4/5
man, i'm v torn on this one. Hellblade is a very very good storytelling experience, but a kind of an abysmal game. at no point did i really enjoy playing it, but i also was completely mesmerized by the narrative and its presentation the entire journey. idk. at its core Hellblade is a walk-down-a-pretty-hallway kinda game. the main 'gameplay' consists of perspective puzzles where you try to find something in the environment to open a door or path. there's a few instances of this being neat, but after the 20th time of trying to find a pile of sticks that look like a rune, it gets pretty old. there's also combat, that is so close to being fun, but the camera is so damn tight to senua that you can't see fucking anything, and it ends up being the only difficulty in combat time and time again. I guess it kind of makes sense though, as it makes you feel hella claustrophobic which is in line with the feeling of the rest of the game, but it's just not fun to play. i would definitely be interested in giving this game another go in VR though, i feel like that would make me care a bit less about its flaws.

5. Katamari Damacy Reroll - 2/8/2019 - Like 3 or 4 hours
Score: 4/5
i forgot how short this game is lol. it's still katamari damacy. i also forgot how fucking janky the first game is. you're constantly getting stuck, even looking at a dangerous surface/object causes shit to go flying off your katamari, you can't jump at all, and there's like 1.5 levels lol. its kind of weird they ported JUST the original game as-is instead of porting katamari forever, or doing like a compilation with we love katamari, or updating mechanics or anything. idk. game's still fun, but it's also very much a game that was made 15 years ago lol

6. Resident Evil 2 (2019) - 2/20/2019 - Like 16 hours
damn what a good ass game. i've never actually 100% beaten this game but I'm glad I finally have. capcom was super faithful to the original but also kept it scary as heck. it's basically everything you would want out of a remake. only complaints was it was kind of weirdly too campy at some points, and mr. x, while still terrifying as shit, becomes kind of annoying after a while.

7. Apex Legends - 2/24/2019 - Like 15+ hours or some shit
okay you're probably like 'wtf how do you beat apex, a multiplayer game with no plot'. well one fuck you and two i finally won my first match after hours and hours of playing, so i'm counting it i don't give a fuck. this is the most fun i've had with any battle royale; i'll deff be playing this for months to come and am super excited to follow the development of the game. the movement is really nice, even with the loss of wallrunning, the gunplay is really good, and the world is really well built and there's so many nooks to uncover. anyway, play this shit with me family

8. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - 3/1/2019 - 10 hours
Score: 3/5
man this one was tough. I really enjoyed the narrative, the humor, and the general themes of the game. I think TheGamingBritShow video on the game really helps contextualize a lot of stuff in this game. That said, man actually playing the game is a fucking slog. the combat is extremely basic, special skills all have extremely long cooldowns which make them feel kind of lame, and a few of the sub games were just plain bad or frustrating. also the game is buggy as fuck, and i had multiple glitches that made me have to replay about an hour total of the game. Anyway, I'd say it's a decent experience IF you are a fan of suda51/grasshopper, however if you aren't then don't bother. the game featurues a ton of suda IPs beyond just no more heroes, and is more or less a statement on suda's career thus far.

C.Mongler

SloppyJimbo

Ok so I got 1301/1302 spirits in Smash (all that you can get w/o buying Let's Go Pikachu) and completed Classic with all characters, so I'm counting that as done. There are still ~20 challenges left, but I'm not good enough to complete them, so eh.

Great game.
[move][/move]

Samus Aran

i mean i counted mine in the 2018 thread simply when finishing the story mode

as far as i'm concerned, in a fighting game, you've "finished" it when you finish the story

C.Mongler

my personal rule for these threads has been a game is done when you feel like it is done in your heart of hearts goodjob;

SloppyJimbo

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 04, 2019, 05:26:30 PMmy personal rule for these threads has been a game is done when you feel like it is done in your heart of hearts goodjob;

Yeah, this basically. My thresholds typically get pretty close to 100% (unfortunately).
[move][/move]

TooB

First game of 2019 finished....

Red Dead Redemption 2!!

C.Mongler

dang that was my first too

i beat astrobot last name game is heckin great

C.Mongler

SloppyJimbo

January 20, 2019, 02:01:26 PM #14 Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:22:52 AM by SloppyJimbo
Finished Night in the Woods! Well on my way to not even getting close to 50 games this year.

Edit: Also played through What Remains of Edith Finch, which was fantastic.
[move][/move]

Go Up