January 20, 2019, 04:54:12 PM

1,534,715 Posts in 46,053 Topics by 1,039 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


THE HIDDEN COSTS OF NOT RENTING

Started by Khadafi, December 10, 2018, 08:39:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Khadafi

RENTING IS JUST THROWING AWAY MONEY

Thus spoke the person who has not considered that with home ownership you're paying things like

$572 a month in property tax
$1000 for a boiler repair because it's not heating your water
$227 for regular boiler maintenance

im gonna be so poor

YPrrrr

Yeah I've been enjoying not paying that shit and having someone do it for free

That's how I feel about my car though. Once it's paid off it's free!!! > maintenance costs

C.Mongler

yeah i keep thinking about buying, but HOA fees alone makes the concept kind of silly, let alone the inevitable maintenance. on the flip side, you're making an actual investment i guess, but eh, i like the freedom to move every 12 months if i wanna too  awdood;

hi jmv

Mando Pandango

Literally every HOA can suck my cock. The concept. Hilarious.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

David

>buying a house within an hoa


hahahahahahahah oh wow

C.Mongler

i mean if you can find me a condo in dc (that i can afford and isn't in the middle of gangbanger crossfire) that doesn't have a hoa fee higher than $250 a month, i'll buy you martinis until you black out



because i've tried friend and they don't exist



don't bother with houses cuz lol i can't afford that shit here

??????

I should've found a wealthy sugar daddy to hand down property to me
my mom literally thought this was my plan when it came to home ownership cos she thinks no one reasonsable would pay rent once you're over 25 yrs


there's no other way I can own property in manhattan or the tolerable areas in brooklyn in my lifetime

jersey city and upstate are also all obscene and unaffordable to buy hehe

mfw not coming from a rich family and being a corporate lawyer in a prestigious firm




reeper

im just planning on this whole boyah thing working out for me, then no more work for reaper

antmaster5000

Quote from: reeper on December 10, 2018, 10:27:07 PMim just planning on this whole boyah thing working out for me, then no more work for reaper
poty

Mando Pandango

idk clucky there are some affordable shitholes upstate
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 10, 2018, 09:51:08 AMi mean if you can find me a condo in dc (that i can afford and isn't in the middle of gangbanger crossfire) that doesn't have a hoa fee higher than $250 a month, i'll buy you martinis until you black out



because i've tried friend and they don't exist



don't bother with houses cuz lol i can't afford that shit here

that's why you move out of dc to somewhere more affordable and no hoa

don't let's

Quote from: Khadafi on December 10, 2018, 08:39:28 AMRENTING IS JUST THROWING AWAY MONEY

Thus spoke the person who has not considered that with home ownership you're paying things like

$572 a month in property tax
$1000 for a boiler repair because it's not heating your water
$227 for regular boiler maintenance

im gonna be so poor

Depending on where you're renting that would still be cheaper than monthly rent

antmaster5000

I'm splitting $1300/month in a nice and central neighborhood in Seattle for a 600sqft apt with my GF. It's in an old building but has a some good charm (wooden floors, gas fireplace, shelves built into walls, an entry room that is perfect for storing my 3 bikes)

How am I doing boyah

C.Mongler

i'm paying $1780 for 500 sq ft and almost zero charm so better than me

man i wanna move to seattle saddood;

YPrrrr


Go Up