January 20, 2019, 04:53:23 AM

1,534,709 Posts in 46,053 Topics by 1,039 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

woes of art - general project progression thread

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 26, 2018, 11:47:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

i thought itd b kool to have some sort of thread if anyone's working on an art project and wanted to detail them here

so im trying to make some fan art of one of my favorite chars for this dbd community i go to
and instead of digital im going to try to make this into an actual ink drawing for halloween
the thing is i havent been getting a bunch of time to actually practice certain things to perfect this
like ive been searching up the specific clothing for this costume and have been trying to get it down good, i really need to touch up on how i do the folds/wrinkles for clothes too

well time to get ready for work now rip
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ClassicTyler

So I've moved onto Blender and while I've been familiarizing myself with the techniques of high-poly modeling I wanted to jump back into game assets and start with a fresh new project that I could take a crash course on Unity with.

"Kingdom of the Beholder" is sort of a mixup of The Adventures of Lolo, Bomberman (classic) and Solomon's Key, if the ideas I have work out. But the art style is an intentionally low-poly, very soft cartoony look to it. Once I familiarize myself with the other rendering styles, I'll eventually add a soft bloom lighting effect to it.

The hardest part isn't the modeling, simply because when I used Anim8or the basics were there. The hardest part is learning how it is all correctly done on an industry-scale. Anim8or kinda followed its own rules but as a result never had quite the options or power that other programs do. That being said, the modeling isn't what's taking me so long - it's the UV's, the modifiers, and the rendering.

Here's a non-violent enemy "Blemmye" - he's more of a wall really. He walks around and you should be able to avoid enemy attacks while behind him. On top of that, you should be able to trip him on ledges when you need a bridge against a gap, and if you were to have meat on you, you could also make him follow you to where you need him.

The Blemmye (Google it - it's the exact name) is actually based off the real medieval Blemmye legend.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: ClassicTyler on October 26, 2018, 04:36:25 PMSo I've moved onto Blender and while I've been familiarizing myself with the techniques of high-poly modeling I wanted to jump back into game assets and start with a fresh new project that I could take a crash course on Unity with.

"Kingdom of the Beholder" is sort of a mixup of The Adventures of Lolo, Bomberman (classic) and Solomon's Key, if the ideas I have work out. But the art style is an intentionally low-poly, very soft cartoony look to it. Once I familiarize myself with the other rendering styles, I'll eventually add a soft bloom lighting effect to it.

The hardest part isn't the modeling, simply because when I used Anim8or the basics were there. The hardest part is learning how it is all correctly done on an industry-scale. Anim8or kinda followed its own rules but as a result never had quite the options or power that other programs do. That being said, the modeling isn't what's taking me so long - it's the UV's, the modifiers, and the rendering.

Here's a non-violent enemy "Blemmye" - he's more of a wall really. He walks around and you should be able to avoid enemy attacks while behind him. On top of that, you should be able to trip him on ledges when you need a bridge against a gap, and if you were to have meat on you, you could also make him follow you to where you need him.

The Blemmye (Google it - it's the exact name) is actually based off the real medieval Blemmye legend.
this is neat
actually interested into more details on this game

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Man, I am struggling to practice.  I finally got the time to just sketch to myself and practice.  Tomorrow as well.  Though, it's like everything I spurt out is just garbage and it's really eating at me. 

I really want this piece done before Halloween.  If I don't, I'm definitely going to feel like shit for a long time. 

Go Up