March 28, 2024, 12:31:34 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Also, in related happenings, I totally forgot I preordered the Smash ultimate GameCube controller....

It arrives tomorrow lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on November 01, 2018, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on November 01, 2018, 09:13:37 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 01, 2018, 08:47:35 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on November 01, 2018, 07:46:25 AMpre-launch dlc announced when this is supposed to be the "ultimate" game
Quote from: bluaki on November 01, 2018, 07:49:27 AMPiranha Plant is the most surprising new fighter. He's not in the base game, but he's coming as DLC in early 2019. If you register your copy of the game by January 31, you'll get him for free, but later on he'll cost money.

i don't get it. are you trying to correct me about something here? i meant that they announced dlc before the launch of the game.

2018 and still believing a fighting game of sorts wont launch with some sort of Season Pass

GG Nyerp GG

2018 and still completely missing the point as always LOL

GG dp GG

Kalahari Inkantation

November 01, 2018, 05:32:13 PM #272 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:36:44 PM by Magyarorszag
anyway, the ugly literally who named "incineroar" notwithstanding, i personally am mostly content with the roster

i lol'd at the piranha plant announcement, both because it's absurd and because i knew it would cause tears of white hot rage lol

piranha plant actually looks fun though, y'all just mad it took what in your imagination should have been geno's spot (IT WAS HIS TURN)

i never had any faith in the rumours about the never evers (i mean they're called "never evers" for a reason) so i don't exactly feel let down about that

as for the adventure mode, honestly i'm just glad it exists at all, and while i would prefer not to have to worry about dlc of course i'm not at all surprised about that announcement and i'm still enough of a sucker and a fool that i'll probably buy the season pass anyway

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on November 01, 2018, 05:11:53 PMI've seen some of those tweets about piranha...

Like, holy shit...

Care to share a few good examples? sillydood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on November 01, 2018, 05:13:16 PMAlso, in related happenings, I totally forgot I preordered the Smash ultimate GameCube controller....

It arrives tomorrow lol

all i preordered was the adapter

i've got plenty of gamecube controllers already, don't need a re-release of the smash 4 controller with a slightly different logo on it

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Pirahna plant inclusion is to distract you from lack of Trophies

Kalahari Inkantation

the lack of trophies actually is a little disappointing :'(

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on November 01, 2018, 05:32:46 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 01, 2018, 05:11:53 PMI've seen some of those tweets about piranha...

Like, holy shit...

Care to share a few good examples? sillydood;

No. I'd rather not delve deep into the bowels of Twitter again.

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 01, 2018, 06:06:56 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 01, 2018, 05:13:16 PMAlso, in related happenings, I totally forgot I preordered the Smash ultimate GameCube controller....

It arrives tomorrow lol

all i preordered was the adapter

i've got plenty of gamecube controllers already, don't need a re-release of the smash 4 controller with a slightly different logo on it

I only have 2 GC controllers, so I mainly got it just to have an additional one.

C.Mongler

yo incineroar is the best nintendo character ever FACT goodjob;

ClassicTyler

C.Mongler

SocksDood; everyone on Boyah is so sassy 2day

bluaki

Weird that the GC controller releases this week. They didn't even announce a demo or "Test Smash" or whatever to use it with. I intend to use the Pro Controller and probably won't be playing with any local friends this time, not to mention I still have plenty of the SSB4 versions of this stuff so I don't care to buy more.

I like the idea of this World of Light adventure mode. Kirby was the true universe-protecting protagonist all along. Lyrical versions (both JP+EN) of the main theme are neat. I'm pretty disappointed about losing trophies since they were always the best collectibles. Does this game even have any non-consumable collectibles? I wonder if there's a reason to beat Classic or All-Star with every fighter anymore.

I'm overall pretty satisfied with this roster of fighters. I wasn't expecting nearly as much as some people were, but they probably could've at least used another echo fighter or two.

AAAAAAAA

The GC controllers for the Wii U version should work with the Switch too, yes?

bluaki

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on November 01, 2018, 11:35:31 PMThe GC controllers for the Wii U version should work with the Switch too, yes?
Yes. The only differences are cosmetic.

To be exact:
  • Both of the USB GC controller adapters are exactly the same other than the embossed logo on top: the Wii U logo for SSB4 or the Nintendo logo for Ultimate
  • The only difference between the controllers is that SSB4 had a picture of the flaming Smash Ball, while the Ultimate version has a minimalist outline of the smash logo. Japan also had a white version of the SSB4 one.
  • All the Smash controllers (and a Japan-only Wii edition GC controller) have longer 3ft cables than the original GameCube's 2ft cables, but otherwise they function and feel the same.
  • The USB adapters support every GameCube controller, including wired and wireless.

AAAAAAAA

Go Up