September 26, 2024, 07:22:12 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

terrible habits

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 01, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean, i believe ya

but ew lol putindisapproves;

Kalahari Inkantation

June 16, 2017, 08:48:14 PM #16 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:52:31 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: Big Goop on June 01, 2017, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 01, 2017, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: YPargh on June 01, 2017, 04:59:28 PM
Biting chapped lips though never to the point of bleeding

i guess i'm not the only one

this actually might be my worst

or at least, my worst outwardly visible habit
omg, this.

i've just discovered that this may at least partly be related to chronic dehydration causing chronically dry mucous membranes befuddlement

https://www.nursingtimes.net/clinical-archive/assessment-skills/using-oral-mucosa-to-assess-for-dehydration/5066770.article

Just Add Water™ and see if that reduces your urge to bite lol

??????

taking more than 8 hrs to respond to anyone's text

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on June 16, 2017, 08:51:56 PM
taking more than 8 hrs to respond to anyone's text

guilty as charged :(

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 16, 2017, 08:48:14 PM

omg, this.

i've just discovered that this may at least partly be related to chronic dehydration causing chronically dry mucous membranes befuddlement

https://www.nursingtimes.net/clinical-archive/assessment-skills/using-oral-mucosa-to-assess-for-dehydration/5066770.article

Just Add Waterâ,,¢ and see if that reduces your urge to bite lol
this is definitely true I only drink like maybe 2 bottles of water a day

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah you should probably add another six bottles to that per 24h lol (as should i)

http://journals.lww.com/nursing/Citation/2009/04000/Assessing_for_dehydration_in_adults.9.aspx

test you'reself

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 16, 2017, 08:48:14 PM

omg, this.

Just Add Waterâ,,¢ and see if that reduces your urge to bite lol

so i made a point to just add (a lot of) water and it has indeed greatly reduced the urge to bite

now the urge to bite is only ever felt when dehydrated, which means that very urge can be used as a dehydration warning signal lol

tfw i've been dehydrated for basically my entire life befuddlement

Himu

everything in this thread lol (except eating boogers)  huhdoodame;

if i don't put lol on the end of a text then i feel like i sound cold and bitchy

also i overanalyze texts in general. short replies, no 'lol or emojis, omg what did i say wrong??? of course the rule doesn't apply to me though because i send short texts or barely reply at all

hmm procrastinating even on the most simple tasks

pulling out my phone whenever i'm alone and have idle time (e.g. when walking anywhere, when on the toilet, when waiting for anything like food or transport)

i take too long researching EVERYTHING before trying out a new place to eat or shop or whatever

staying up late doing absolutely nothing important even when i have to get up early

sometimes when having long winded convos with people i completely space out and think about other things. then a few minutes go by and i zone back in not knowing what the fuck they were just talking about and i feel awful ):

YPrrrr

Quote from: Himu on July 11, 2017, 01:15:03 PM

if i don't put lol on the end of a text then i feel like i sound cold and bitchy

also i overanalyze texts in general. short replies, no 'lol or emojis, omg what did i say wrong??? of course the rule doesn't apply to me though because i send short texts or barely reply at all

pulling out my phone whenever i'm alone and have idle time (e.g. when walking anywhere, when on the toilet, when waiting for anything like food or transport)

i take too long researching EVERYTHING before trying out a new place to eat or shop or whatever

staying up late doing absolutely nothing important even when i have to get up early

sometimes when having long winded convos with people i completely space out and think about other things. then a few minutes go by and i zone back in not knowing what the fuck they were just talking about and i feel awful ):

Yeah... pretty much all of these. Especially my abuse of lol in text conversations

Except I don't usually feel awful when I don't know what they were talking about which is probably worse n_u

strongbad

Quote from: YPargh on July 11, 2017, 01:19:02 PM

Yeah... pretty much all of these. Especially my abuse of lol in text conversations

Except I don't usually feel awful when I don't know what they were talking about which is probably worse n_u

yeah i think a lot of those are pretty universal

humans are not good

Kalahari Inkantation

same

same

same

my procrastination is defensive

i'm hopelessly addicted to the internet in all forms too

decision-making is always difficult >.<

when it comes to restaurants, i often just pick the highest rated option within my craving and budget criteria lol

i like to delay the start of the next day for as long as possible too 5thgrade;

and in doing so i sabotage myself because then i'm too fatigued to actually do anything at all come the next day

this one however doesn't apply to me to the extent that you describe

although i'm sure it looks like i'm not actually paying attention when my responses are limited to an occasional nod, a 'haha' or 'yeah huh' or some other completely meaningless affirmative response that's more a reaction to the person's tone than the content of their speech

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 11, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
humans are not good

as my research on human behavior progresses, i find that they're generally not bad, either

just highly confused

Hiro

i don't use lol or emoji in text that frequently, but i would say that if there's a period at the end of a sentence or complete full statements with proper spelling it comes across as more serious/negative

crystalpepsi

I just use the Eastern Island emoji now, It surprisingly has quite a wide range of emotional dept.
My shitty habits are:
- Cutting people off in conversations when I have a super relate-able story

- Avoiding people I KNOW I have nothing in common with despite them trying to be friends with me and move past being acquaintances, all because I'm too lazy and uninterested in learning more about their likes and interests.(like sports lol)

I'm a pretty shitty person.  :(

silvertone

Go Up