identifying old world and new world biases in boyagers (warning: cluelessness)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 08, 2017, 04:06:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:38:33 PM
both old world and new world have their time, place, audience, and practical application

but when both styles of thinking are present in a single mind simultaneously, a single mind that doesn't realize that they aren't necessarily incompatible, then they lead to confirmation bias, which causes all sorts of bad thinking habits and psychological complexes

it's part of the reason i'm so fuck;ed up and i'm only now realizing it lol
well I mean id say thats a great thing normally and often I'm very good at seeing both sides of something like that and making their logic meet together however I admit to being much too emotionally invested in abortion to ever see anything other than a life or death situation requiring it to be necessary. Obviously somewhat idealistic but I have to morally stand on something I've wavered on so much
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:41:50 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:37:45 PM
Eh the new world is too nice girl;

i'm not just pointlessly fluffing you up

Quote from: YPargh on April 25, 2017, 09:20:00 PM
My Catholic schools, and most others I know of actually, taught evolution in our science classes with a caveat that some religious scholars disagreed on the subject. It was generally explained to me, however, that Catholicism and evolution had no major issues and could coexist.

I am a very lax Catholic especially since moving away from family. I still enjoy the traditions and the moral guidance and I really like the new Pope who I think brings a voice of reason to the world. However there are Catholic ideas I disagree with so I wouldn't say I'm 100% on board. I think the idea that hell awaits anyone who doesn't follow Jesus is ludicrous when God is supposed to be full of unconditional love. That being born in a certain part of the world would increase your likelihood of following another religion and thereby doom you.

I am sorry I am just about wholly incapable of accepting praise. So thank you for your words although I have difficulty believing them perhaps because you only get to know me through the side I present and therefore I feel your opinion is misled by that biased information .

God I'm a nut  n_u

But really thanks for your support

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

i have been dropping Old World truths on bluaki for days now and i'm sure she feels beaten by it lol

but hopefully not too beaten

Travis

im probably a liberal person overall, but honestly any time i see even the slightest trace of sjw retardation i feel like being an actual card carrying fascist

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Travis on May 08, 2017, 06:47:48 PM
im probably a liberal person overall, but honestly any time i see even the slightest trace of sjw retardation i feel like being an actual card carrying fascist

you and everyone else

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68799.0.html

but the important thing is that you realize that such people are extremists, their numbers are actually quite small (though they create the illusion of being more numerous than they are by simply being as loud and obnoxious and inflammatory as possible), and that to retaliate by become a card-carrying fascist would make you just as much of an ignorant reactionary as they are, deepen the divide, and in the long term, make society just that much worse for everyone, you and them included lol

rdl

Quote from: ADX on May 08, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
that doodthing has breasts for eyes
this was my contribution to this discussion

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 01:47:15 PM
Also before I wrote as if you were from the Americas when the old world would be Europe I'm so dumb  >_<'

that's probably because, if you're like me, you perceive south america as being just a bit more 'old world' than the us is (aren't i an ignorant one), even though it's of course not literally a part of the geographical old world lol

my Oldish World parents emigrated from the south american region

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:31:47 PM
I tend to have trouble rationalizing doing more work when I'm in my "spare time"

Quote from: Thyme on May 24, 2017, 09:52:17 AM
fuck this line of thinking tbh
you're resting from your miserable daily dead-end grind
rest how the fuck you want

YPrrrr

Yeah but I'm somewhat concerned with personal legacy so that doesn't work for me long term

Go Up