October 11, 2024, 02:22:23 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Thread Where We Drunkenly Complain About Our Sad Lives

Started by Placebo Headwound, June 04, 2016, 02:01:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Classic on September 30, 2016, 04:19:11 PM
Today was a hard day.

You guys may have known, but last month I lost my job because the business closed.
I was able to get a new job, that I do absolutely love, at Central Market - a very high-end grocery/cafe store.

So I got the job and it pays very well, somewhat close to what I was making. However, I started very late into the month...
Unemployment benefits were SHIT because Texas is stupid when it comes to this so I only made a little bit on money from unemployment. I only got two checks from Central Market for September (paid weekly) due to starting after the 15th.

I couldn't afford rent.

So today I sold all my Amiibo, my Wii U and games and accessories, my books, and my DVD's.
Thanks to that, I was able to afford rent and a few extra bills.

So yeah. 76 Amiibos, many of which had to be imported, all my Osamu Tezuka books...everything.
Heartbreaking. But I want my adventure in Dallas to continue, so I did what I had to do.
Oh... wow... that's awful. You're going to be able to afford this month's rent right myface;

Classic

Thank you all for the kind words. I know they're just 'things', and while they had a lot of sentimental value, a roof over my head is more important and I have a lot more going for me here in Dallas than back home.

And yes Aubrey. I paid my bills for the month.

Edit: It was only September that gave me trouble. I'll be on a consistent pay system now.

Socks

you're a true warrior bro. fearless and strong.
not many people can do what you did, hold your head up high.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Classic on September 30, 2016, 04:19:11 PM
Today was a hard day.

You guys may have known, but last month I lost my job because the business closed.
I was able to get a new job, that I do absolutely love, at Central Market - a very high-end grocery/cafe store.

So I got the job and it pays very well, somewhat close to what I was making. However, I started very late into the month...
Unemployment benefits were SHIT because Texas is stupid when it comes to this so I only made a little bit on money from unemployment. I only got two checks from Central Market for September (paid weekly) due to starting after the 15th.

I couldn't afford rent.

So today I sold all my Amiibo, my Wii U and games and accessories, my books, and my DVD's.
Thanks to that, I was able to afford rent and a few extra bills.

So yeah. 76 Amiibos, many of which had to be imported, all my Osamu Tezuka books...everything.
Heartbreaking. But I want my adventure in Dallas to continue, so I did what I had to do.

aww man  :(

the thing with materials is that you can always build whatever you had back at the very least...

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Placebo Headwound

Today my ex's best friend messaged me wanting to hang out.

That is fucking weird. I have never ever hung out with that guy without my ex being there.

I probed for information.

I learned from him my ex is a coke addict and has alienated all of her friends. She lives with a guy who "raped" her and quit her job. No one speaks to her anymore. All of her friends think she's a shitty person now.

What the fuck

Just what the fuck

why do I still kind of care and why do I feel like me screaming at her during our last fight helped cause this

fuck

rdl

oh how i know that feel. though at least she isn't on drugs, she just hasn't changed at all and progressively became more kind of basic and boring. which i guess isn't the same thing. i still feel bad though.

Placebo Headwound

October 03, 2016, 04:21:46 PM #201 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:25:02 PM by Placebo Headwound
I'm seeing her friend on Sunday. I still don't know why he wants to hang out. I feel like something is up, somehow I'm going to be asked to be involved in this. I figured it would be fine to just get a drink with him and see what's up, but fuck now there's a feeling of dread looming.

For once I feel my "I'm a damn retard" rank is appropriate

ugh

crystalpepsi

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 03, 2016, 04:21:46 PM
I'm seeing her friend on Sunday. I still don't know why he wants to hang out. I feel like something is up, somehow I'm going to be asked to be involved in this. I figured it would be fine to just get a drink with him and see what's up, but fuck now there's a feeling of dread looming.

ugh

It's good to get closure sometimes man. Cheers and good luck.  happydood;

??????

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 03, 2016, 04:21:46 PM

ugh

hes probably lonely
my friend's ex always texts me to hang in private even though she's a she and only danced with me a couple of times with my friend there

i think its cos she's lonely: 3

Placebo Headwound

I made a theater performance start 25 minutes late because the performers were too busy hugging me and trying to calm me down after my ex girlfriend walked through the door with her new boyfriend and our eyes meet and she gives me a condescending smile and then my heart won't stop racing and I can't stop violently shaking and everything is made ten times worse by the fact that I'm on mushrooms and now experiencing the worst trip ever

this is just where i go to tell shitty stories now

Travis

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 16, 2016, 09:22:25 PM
I made a theater performance start 25 minutes late because the performers were too busy hugging me and trying to calm me down after my ex girlfriend walked through the door with her new boyfriend and our eyes meet and she gives me a condescending smile and then my heart won't stop racing and I can't stop violently shaking and everything is made ten times worse by the fact that I'm on mushrooms and now experiencing the worst trip ever

i think sobriety would probably be good for you man. take some time to clear your head without any drugs. it seems like drugs are often making things worse for you instead of better

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Travis on October 16, 2016, 09:33:08 PM

i think sobriety would probably be good for you man. take some time to clear your head without any drugs. it seems like drugs are often making things worse for you instead of better

does that also mean sobriety from the 3 different medications my psychiatrist has me taking

Travis

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 16, 2016, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: Travis on October 16, 2016, 09:33:08 PM

does that also mean sobriety from the 3 different medications my psychiatrist has me taking
no, just any drugs that you are willingly ingesting for mind altering effect

rdl

Hiro

gf's car got towed only because we forgot to put the fucking permit in the car in time
really needed that $220, now I'm just fucked until january probably

Go Up