May 10, 2024, 12:09:10 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how are u w/ present nintendo dying

Started by 6M69I69B9, April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

those are the only two "missed opportunities" you can think of though, which kind of just shows you're grasping at straws lol

i still can't think of an anymore price-justified game than mario maker and you haven't really provided any evidence for the contrary besides "it feels that way" lol

[spoiler]i feel like all video games should be free[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 04, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
Hate x? You must be bad at x or hate y, where x belongs to y

to be far this is the argument you throw at every boyager who has anything negative to say about Hillary

Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 04, 2016, 10:01:13 PM
LBP is like $50 lower and you can play as kermit

that games is also not very fun and requires a B.S. in Engineering to make a level that isn't tried & boring

Thyme

strongbad

Quote from: Thyme on September 05, 2016, 07:16:21 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 05, 2016, 06:04:38 AM

dude same

do you guys really?
it'd sure be cool if they were free but you'd need a pretty weird model in place and id prefer paid games to games supported by ads or buying content (though i guess buying skins are okay)

6M69I69B9

September 05, 2016, 10:28:08 AM #79 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:51:33 AM by the MIB the
those are the only two "missed opportunities" you can think of though, which kind of just shows you're grasping at straws lol

i still can't think of an anymore price-justified game than mario maker and you haven't really provided any evidence for the contrary besides "it feels that way" lol

at the top of my head*

you haven't even provided anything to justify it's price aside from replay value
replay value actually depends on the gamer if they enjoy the game enough
so in your case (so far at least), it's a "feels" motive as well  

i certainly don't feel the same way playing the game

though let's focus on some of the objective though

of course with limited enemies- why no koopalings?  
in-game dialog boxes?  why not?  miiverse shitposting does not count- though creators commenting on their own levels is a good subtitute i guess)

how about sm2- fk them for missing this, i want scuttling luigi and floating peach

for smw:
colored shells for yoshi to swallow- i mean that's a huge function to miss on
colored blocks and their switches
carrying keys (not that lame key & locked door update that makes the key float with you)- in the original, sometimes you'd have to be creative with how to get the key to the door

the fact that access to the y axis is mediocre (and no, pipes and using small fractions of a stage to focus on y axis does not count)

oh and lmao nintendo butchering online by shitting on courses (deleting them online and banning online upload) randomly even when they have a set of standards (i'm a victim of this- they took away a course i focused on a long time and it did have stars and was passed a handful of times.  a gaming event was also affected by this when they realized they couldn't download some courses for some main event streamed on twitch.)

how about music options

i mean playing a variety of levels is cool, online & dlc is great while it lasts but they missed out on a number of shit like i listed and im prob missing out on more.  

sprites and their functions don't seem to (as i type with no game dev knowledge) be such a chore compared to 3d models

[spoiler]i feel that games should be priced appropriately for their content[/spoiler]
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

squirrelfriend

September 05, 2016, 12:07:42 PM #80 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:12:11 PM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 05, 2016, 06:07:12 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 04, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
Hate x? You must be bad at x or hate y, where x belongs to y

to be far this is the argument you throw at every boyager who has anything negative to say about Hillary
to be fair, that's what you guys do when the uninitiated reject bernie lol and you are ignoring the premises I placed before my argument. because I think some are just bad at electoral math

but in this case, I'm just not convinced. some people are just price conscious and the concept behind super Mario maker isn't exactly novel.  the fact is as mib points out, the social features like the sharing of levels don't really work because nintendo sucks at online in general

squirrelfriend

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 05, 2016, 07:44:58 AM
Quote from: Thyme on September 05, 2016, 07:16:21 AM

dude same

do you guys really?
it'd sure be cool if they were free but you'd need a pretty weird model in place and id prefer paid games to games supported by ads or buying content (though i guess buying skins are okay)
tbh there are even $60 games that feature product placement because the development ran on so long: Final Fantasy XV

squirrelfriend

But since Hillary was brought up, I want her to fund free video games that educate gamers about civics in general. Give it a AAA budget and target it towards millennials. The government has funded video games before and I think this would be good for classrooms and basements across America.

C.Mongler

Quote from: the MIB the on September 05, 2016, 10:28:08 AM

at the top of my head*
you haven't even provided anything to justify it's price aside from replay value

you can make mario levels, and download mario levels; i thought I and the box said that lol. despite even your minor grievances of it not being a literal 1:1 mario hack maker, which is kind of unrealistic because it's essentially one new mario game with 4 skins, i find that there's enough content and fun to be had even if i can't change the background music. are you also upset you can scroll backwards on SMB1 stages? might be a good one to add to the list

i'm more interested in your qualifications and examples of what makes a game worth the standard $60 msrp tho tbh since apparently content & replayability don't have anything to do with it lol

squirrelfriend

most games are not worth $60 tbh, let alone a level editor with playable fan levels and no other new mechanics

6M69I69B9

September 05, 2016, 04:39:27 PM #86 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:54:07 PM by the MIB the
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 05, 2016, 03:16:42 PM

at the top of my head*

you can make mario levels, and download mario levels; i thought I and the box said that lol. despite even your minor grievances of it not being a literal 1:1 mario hack maker, which is kind of unrealistic because it's essentially one new mario game with 4 skins, i find that there's enough content and fun to be had even if i can't change the background music. are you also upset you can scroll backwards on SMB1 stages? might be a good one to add to the list

i'm more interested in your qualifications and examples of what makes a game worth the standard $60 msrp tho tbh since apparently content & replayability don't have anything to do with it lol

making mario levels and downloading mario levels isn't enough for me when it's been available for a decade+
i knew that mario maker could do that- what makes it stand out from mario modding present already? (i should poised this as a question previously) all it has is a decent online interface- it makes it easy to share and dl.  

how is it unrealistic?  i don't think it would be beyond what the wii u can do- it definitely doesn't seem game breaking.  why couldn't they have four separate games and provide specific tools for their respective games.  thanks for highlighting how lazy they were to make it one *new* mario game with 4 skins

before buying this, i should have asked myself what about it made it differ from mario hacks that are already available.
but we bought into hype. at least with hackers they could do it appropriately and although im not into the scene at all- i bet there are tutorials that make it newcomer friendly.  

thankfully my brother bought the game and not me
i forget bc he doesn't mind if its in my room with my wii u lol
spending $60 on an overglorified level maker
my brotherr made a such a gamble
he doesn't even play it lmao

i just can't help but think it was just so lazy & underwhelming of nintendo, especially for $60

don't think i can answer your question lol- i've never had a game I've bought that i think is actually worth $60 (i only have a wii u lol) yet i buy them around launch hoping it'd change my mind.  something that seems "complete & polished" would only be my qualifications.  i bought a wii u thinking it'd be such a great console but it's been such an underwhelming ride and bought only a few games so i have almost nothing to make an example of.  the only *closest* example, i can say for sure is smash bros wii u- the only quarrel i have w/ it is that it has no adventure mode but I love smash so i will suck it up.  

if we lower the bar to when the standard was $49.99 a decade ago
baten kaitos origins
that was beyond $50, prob beyond $60 too

and i do think content is an aspect, replayability to an extent.  just not with mario maker

in the end, it's just a matter of preference lol and i don't think mario maker is worth the $60- at Most $50.  

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Hiro

pikmin and mario sports for 3ds both look fun

also this was announced so nintendo could take a shit in my cereal and I'd still be happy with them: http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2016/09/05/animal-crossing-getting-hello-kitty-branded-amiibo-cards/

C.Mongler

MIB i can't say i'm not still confused about how you value things, but i'm not going to trigger you into typing another essay so lol

Quote from: ƕɾο on September 05, 2016, 09:16:58 PM
pikmin and mario sports for 3ds both look fun

also this was announced so nintendo could take a shit in my cereal and I'd still be happy with them: http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2016/09/05/animal-crossing-getting-hello-kitty-branded-amiibo-cards/

i'm cautious pikmin will be to pikmin what the 3ds chibirobo is to that series. pls dont fuck it up nintendo

also i feel like those will never come stateside mr perkins

strongbad

Quote from: the MIB the on September 05, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 05, 2016, 03:16:42 PM

at the top of my head*

making mario levels and downloading mario levels isn't enough for me when it's been available for a decade+
i knew that mario maker could do that- what makes it stand out from mario modding present already? (i should poised this as a question previously) all it has is a decent online interface- it makes it easy to share and dl. 

how is it unrealistic?  i don't think it would be beyond what the wii u can do- it definitely doesn't seem game breaking.  why couldn't they have four separate games and provide specific tools for their respective games.  thanks for highlighting how lazy they were to make it one *new* mario game with 4 skins

before buying this, i should have asked myself what about it made it differ from mario hacks that are already available.
but we bought into hype. at least with hackers they could do it appropriately and although im not into the scene at all- i bet there are tutorials that make it newcomer friendly. 

thankfully my brother bought the game and not me
i forget bc he doesn't mind if its in my room with my wii u lol
spending $60 on an overglorified level maker
my brotherr made a such a gamble
he doesn't even play it lmao

i just can't help but think it was just so lazy & underwhelming of nintendo, especially for $60

don't think i can answer your question lol- i've never had a game I've bought that i think is actually worth $60 (i only have a wii u lol) yet i buy them around launch hoping it'd change my mind.  something that seems "complete & polished" would only be my qualifications.  i bought a wii u thinking it'd be such a great console but it's been such an underwhelming ride and bought only a few games so i have almost nothing to make an example of.  the only *closest* example, i can say for sure is smash bros wii u- the only quarrel i have w/ it is that it has no adventure mode but I love smash so i will suck it up. 

if we lower the bar to when the standard was $49.99 a decade ago
baten kaitos origins
that was beyond $50, prob beyond $60 too

and i do think content is an aspect, replayability to an extent.  just not with mario maker

in the end, it's just a matter of preference lol and i don't think mario maker is worth the $60- at Most $50. 

i respect your points about the mario modding community, but you have to realize that with mario maker you're paying for the convenience to not watch a bunch of weird youtube tutorials, download weird software, configure weird controllers, etc
shit's all set up for you already with an easy to use and share interface. honestly i think that does justify the price (for me at least) since ive never sought out any custom mario content (even though i acknowledge its existence) but i 100% see the appeal of mario maker. i guess that makes me lazy but you could say the same thing for tons of different products and services that are successful just because they make something easier and more intuitive

Go Up