March 28, 2024, 04:17:46 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how are u w/ present nintendo dying

Started by 6M69I69B9, April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:23:17 AM by the MIB the
ok so sometimes i go on /v/ even though i don't really play many video games but man the shit that nintendo's being discussed about has been getting to me hard the last few yrs

but jesus christ nintendo recently has made me really...sour

- smallest number of titles compared to the other consoles  
- animal crossing board game wii u
- animal crossing decorating game 3ds
- despite the popularity for sm4sh, splatoon, and pokken, they don't even host their own fucking events jfc
- metroid galactic federation for 3ds wtf
- limits in super mario maker (no slopes and what not) and no super mario bros 2.
- no sales for older games
- making super mario world exclusive to the n3ds
    - it being the same price as the wii u title wtf
- gen 6 pokemon being linear as shit and no post game wtf gamefreak too
- pokken only with 16 chars and little content
- zelda wii u being postponed so hard
- wii u fan based fucked in the ass for so long

it's like someone had a monkey's paw and granted all of these wishes but turned out to be shit.  but w/e at least online is free.  but even then, most of the games that came out of the wii u are def. not $60 tier shit

oh and

- sm4sh was lack luster (it's funny bc there are so many kinks that the balance team haven't gotten to while independent sm4sh modders realize it actually isnt difficult to fix some chars and give them some damn combos.  why is it mostly neutral game shit and most of all, NO adventure mode.  but whoever's in charge of patches have done some great things.  (mewtwo is viable, and a bunch of updates for a lot of lower tier chars but still needs work...) i also wish that they considered western chars in their roster- but nope.  
- melee's popularity aside from bill trenin is ignored by nintendo- except when they wanna make some ad revenue and when sm4sh is presented.  but ignore any melee events.  i think they JUST realized how melee was popular at evo 2013 when they were about to cancel the melee tourney and caused a huge uproar

and and
- no kyle hyde game wtfffff

nintendo- although i love their games, is going ass backwards

im honestly not really looking forward to the nx
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Outside of the Super Smash Bros. Titles, the last time I really cared about Nintendo's exclusive console content was probably the gamecube *thymeshrugemote*

C.Mongler

eh just nintendo bein' nintendo tbh

squirrelfriend

i only care about pokemon and animal crossing and i'm just a little irked there's no like mainline animal crossing game for the wii u
also for smt x fe being absolutely nothing like either of the series it supposedly merged together
i don't expect innovation from nintendo anymore. i just expect more of the same.

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2016, 09:05:00 PM
eh just nintendo bein' nintendo tbh

basically

i haven't purchased anything new nintendo related in years nor do i really plan to
the only impressive thing they've done lately has been super mario maker everything else is tr4sh

squirrelfriend

yr just not in their target market

strongbad

yeah obviously

it's just sad because a whole generation (like most of boyah) used to be in their target market before they had a demographic shift which is why everyone is so bitter

squirrelfriend

i think one of nintendo's promotional arms, nsider, just drove most of us away like for instance because i got banned literally for saying "i came out as gay"
or when i would have a non-controversial thread in power on, the unofficial official off topic board, and get banned because it's not "game related"
i think nsider did more harm than good in general for nintendo's brand image it was right to dispose of it
though some of you guys did stuff that was justifiably bannable though tbh

squirrelfriend

April 27, 2016, 10:56:28 PM #8 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:03:48 PM by squirrelfriend
i felt like the nsider mods took their personal problems out on literal kids half the time however
like censoring the word "outsider" was such a weird move in a thinly veiled attempt to ban all discussion of that spinoff board
if i recall correctly it wasn't just outsider that was censored
it was any word that contained the string "outsid"

YPrrrr

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 10:54:22 PM
i think one of nintendo's promotional arms, nsider, just drove most of us away like for instance because i got banned literally for saying "i came out as gay"
or when i would have a non-controversial thread in power on, the unofficial official off topic board, and get banned because it's not "game related"
i think nsider did more harm than good in general for nintendo's brand image it was right to dispose of it
Given how Nsider was a bunch of stupid kids and teens I would probably ban someone for posting that too. What good could possibly come of it? It's just going to lead to inappropriate links/comments/etc.

Well maybe not ban. But lock the thread or delete the post.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 27, 2016, 11:06:00 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 10:54:22 PM
Given how Nsider was a bunch of stupid kids and teens I would probably ban someone for posting that too. What good could possibly come of it? It's just going to lead to inappropriate links/comments/etc.

Well maybe not ban. But lock the thread or delete the post.
the thing is that nintendo just isn't on my side of the culture wars either to this day
like they fixed a "glitch" allowing two male characters to marry in tomodachi and just removed the option altogether
rumors are coming in they are censoring tms to remove a dungeon because its themes relate to sexuality
the homophobia is coming from top down and it needs to change

squirrelfriend

though firing alison rapp was justifiable to me
but banning innocuous discussions of one's coming out lest they be accused of promoting the gay agenda is not

silvertone

every game i played on the wii u was great...too bad it was only like 5 games

strongbad

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 10:56:28 PM
i felt like the nsider mods took their personal problems out on literal kids half the time however
like censoring the word "outsider" was such a weird move in a thinly veiled attempt to ban all discussion of that spinoff board
if i recall correctly it wasn't just outsider that was censored
it was any word that contained the string "outsid"

i think you are over estimating the effect that nsider had on overall nintendo sales
like, i personally think nsider was a great way to build hype and get nintendo fan kids drooling but in terms of the actual impact that it had i would imagine that it was minuscule

bluaki

Quote from: the MIB the on April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
- limits in super mario maker (no slopes and what not) and no super mario bros 2.
Mario Maker couldn't possibly have every single feature that existing Mario games offer. Slopes just happen to be the one most requested by fans.

Super Mario Bros 2 US isn't really a Mario game, it's a completely different game with a Mario skin. Almost none of the standard Mario stage elements have an equivalent in SMB2. Even if they tried really hard to make it match the general style of SMB2US, it'd still look really off.

The omission of an All-Stars style, however, doesn't make as much sense.

- despite the popularity for sm4sh, splatoon, and pokken, they don't even host their own fucking events jfc
Do a lot of other companies that make competitive games actually host their own events? For all three, Nintendo has hosted at least some limited events to build hype, but after launch they've left it to the fans to organize their own things. I think they sponsored at least one other Smash4 thing, maybe?

- making super mario world exclusive to the n3ds
That's a technical limitation of the original 3DS. Rather than wait for a whole new generation before having handheld SNES VC games, they decided to push it out to the N3DS.

3DS is easily able to handle ports of SNES games, but it can't do emulation without performance issues or bugs beyond the level that can pass Nintendo QA.

- no kyle hyde game wtfffff
Cing owned that, not Nintendo.

Go Up