May 09, 2024, 01:26:01 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how are u w/ present nintendo dying

Started by 6M69I69B9, April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

mario and sonic confirmed 4 2020 games

strongbad

super mario maker 3ds confirmed???

that is fucking SICK i am totally getting a 3dsXL for this

strongbad

further reading: you can't get levels online

oh well it's not like people who play wii u mario maker even use that feature anyway hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaafffuuuck

squirrelfriend

who likes alola rattata and preorder exclusive dlc for Pokemon????

TooB

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 01, 2016, 06:23:08 PM

oh well it's not like people who play wii u mario maker even use that feature anyway hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaafffuuuck
worse than that, you can't share any levels online either.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Snowy on September 01, 2016, 11:23:10 PM
they never said if it was a preorder exclusive or not. It just said if you buy it early. It's probably a mystery gift again like usual.
i just wonder if the held item that allows you to use snorlax's z-move is like exclusive to early buyers or not
because the munchlax itself is nothing special

strongbad

Quote from: Big Goop on September 01, 2016, 11:29:03 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 01, 2016, 06:23:08 PM

worse than that, you can't share any levels online either.

good thing local level sharing is a thing! all my friends IRL will be playing super mario maker 3ds!
/s

fuck like i dont really know but they already had local sharing set up would it be THAT much more technical to get online sharing? hell you could share levels in N+ on ds lmao

C.Mongler

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 02, 2016, 01:35:40 AM

does anyone have a hard source on that, cuz i don't think that's entirely true bros. i think you can upload levels, but at that point they kind of just 'live in the cloud'? or at the very least, you can pull random levels made by Wii U players from the internet?  like there's 100 mario challenge still, how would that work without some sort of online component, you just play the preinstalled levels, your own levels, and the like 6 you got from spotpass over and over?

i think they just meant there's no social component, i.e. there's no level codes and no search/sharing features. which yes, is total ass still, but i'd say it doesn't deflate the game as much as it's being made out to be. in fact, i've enjoyed like 40 hours in mario maker 100 mario challenge without ever searching for a level or putting in a code for one lol

C.Mongler

also im p stoked for mario sports all stars or whatever as long as it's not like some wii-sports like mini-games with mario characters. like i dont expect a new mario strikers to be packed in there, but make it at least a little meaty plz but i also have no faith after mario tennis wii u lol

strongbad

yeah i think you're right i did read that too

as someone who has never played mario maker wii u what does that mean? are they like nintendo selected levels or something?

Thyme

man Wii Us are still unexplainably expensive, aren't they

C.Mongler

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 02, 2016, 09:21:45 AM
as someone who has never played mario maker wii u what does that mean? are they like nintendo selected levels or something?

not sure what exactly you want clarification on, and not sure i can even provide it because the details on Mario Maker 3DS have been kind of vague at this point as well too, so i was speculating a lot in my last post, but i'll give it a shot

but the way the system works in the Wii U one is you make a level, and once you're ready to upload it you have to play through it (to prove it's actually beatable) and then it's uploaded. there's a database/search engine of sorts that you can find levels through that has featured levels, levels deemed awesome by the community as indicated by stars, and some other filters i think (haven't played in a while), which it sounds like will not be in the 3ds version. you can also type in a level code to play someone's level specifically. once again, doesn't seem like this is going to be an included feature.

that said, that's not really the most popular method of finding and playing levels in mario maker. most people just play 100-man challenge for hours on end. basically you select a difficulty level and then you're presented with 16 (or so, depending on difficulty) levels that are randomly grabbed from the massive user-created level database to play through using only 100 lives. their difficulty is determined via the % of players who can actually complete the level. super hard is like a less than 2% completion rate, hard is something like 2-10% i think, etc. etc. considering this mode is confirmed to still be in the game and they've said it will pull levels created on the wii u version, i'm lead to believe there's still some sort of online component, albeit without the social half of it. i don't know if 3ds players will be able to upload levels, they haven't really said; it might just be the 3ds pulls shit from the Wii U reserves.

i don't think they'd be silly enough to include 100-man without some method of grabbing levels from online. they said they're making 100 new Nintendo-made levels that will be included on the cart, but if there's no online the 100 man mode would literally just be those levels, any levels you've made, and any levels you've received locally. not only that but even in the wii u version there's a limit to the number of levels you can actually store, so it's not like you can just collect levels locally to build a DB of fun shit to play.

we'll seeeeeee!

C.Mongler

Quote from: Thyme on September 02, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

i mean it's not really unexplainable, the reason is they have a stupidly high manufacturing cost. at least as of 3 years ago it was estimated they cost about $200 to produce a single unit, with the gamepad costing about 70 bucks of that. they've been selling them at a loss since launch basically. not that they shouldn't have just taken more of one and cut the price to $199 like 2 years ago, but it's probably just because cutting the price at this point isnt really going to affect sales that greatly enough to offset how much they've lost on this dumbass console lol

Thyme

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 02, 2016, 09:47:59 AM
Quote from: Thyme on September 02, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

i mean it's not really unexplainable, the reason is they have a stupidly high manufacturing cost. at least as of 3 years ago it was estimated they cost about $200 to produce a single unit, with the gamepad costing about 70 bucks of that. they've been selling them at a loss since launch basically. not that they shouldn't have just taken more of one and cut the price to $199 like 2 years ago, but it's probably just because cutting the price at this point isnt really going to affect sales that greatly enough to offset how much they've lost on this dumbass console lol

right :(

edit: lmao new page goddamnit had to quote

strongbad

woah i didnt even know about 100 man mario

i want mario maker slightly more now..

Go Up