September 28, 2024, 12:26:18 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah dnd night

Started by strongbad, April 01, 2016, 05:04:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

OK guys I'm dming yal over Skype starts today at noon my time

What characters are you rolling

C.Mongler

yo i'd honestly be down but i wanna do it through tabletop sim cuz im lazy  happydood;

but unfortunately noon your time is 1 am here lmao

Mando Pandango

i'd be down too but i never played before
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

if there is legitimate interest i would be down
i've been wanting to try DMing for a bit but you guys would have to bare with me being slow on somethings

i've played briefly in several campaigns but never super seriously. i have a pretty good grasp on the game, though

Mando Pandango

I feel like I'd love DMing, but again, I've never played

n_u
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Yeah you should probably play first but my takeaway is that even though DMs do more work they get so much more out of it

My friends dad used to be in a campaign years ago and he'd tell me some stories, like how one of their members found a mysterious vase, and was cautioned against looking in it. He looked in it anyway and then was trapped in a vase for the next couple months while somebody else had to carry him around lol

silvertone

C.Mongler

yeah being a DM is harder than playing. playing at it's core is really just rolling dice and deciding when you would like to roll dice lol

strongbad

well sorta depending on your DM there can be a really rich role playing and story element
the campaign i spent the most time in (just one summer) i was super engaged by the story

characters would dream and get visited by some dark lord and cool shit like that

Go Up