May 03, 2024, 12:24:43 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i mean if what little they've said about the game is true 60 seems fine lol

now if it actually meets their pie in the sky description is a total different matter

TooB

What's their pits description?

C.Mongler

Quote from: Loto on March 02, 2016, 10:11:08 AM
What's their pits description?

from wikipedia

it's a game revolving around exploring a "procedurally generated deterministic open universe, which includes over 18 quintillion (1.8Ã--1019) planets, many with their own set of flora and fauna."

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on March 02, 2016, 10:08:04 AM
What made people think it wasn't going to be normal priced?
Haven't heard anything about this game.

it's procedurally generated indie trash with pretty grfx that is absolutely certain to underdeliver on its gross overpromises

it would be another nameless and abandoned $20 early access scam on steam were it not for sony's backing

the audacity of an indie dev to think it's entitled to a full $60 SocksDood;

C.Mongler

BACK IN MY DAY INDIES USED TO COST 10 DOLAR, NOW THEY DON'T, WHAT'S UP WITH THAAAAAAT

lol get a job, we don't even know what the breadth of this game is yet, you can start whining once it's actually out and playable

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 02, 2016, 11:13:49 AM
BACK IN MY DAY INDIES USED TO COST 10 DOLAR, NOW THEY DON'T, WHAT'S UP WITH THAAAAAAT

lol get a job, we don't even know what the breadth of this game is yet, you can start whining once it's actually out and playable
I have to imagine that creating a fully randomly generated world, and having it work properly would take an impressive amount of technical skill.

C.Mongler

it would, which is why i personally feel like it's going to be a shitshow of a game and i won't be buying it anywhere near launch or anywhere near 60 dollars

BUT THAT'S A PERSONAL CALL M8

if it turns out being game of the century, then fuck it i'll get it lol

Thyme

C.Mongler

ME##

it's honestly very rare to get negative previews unless the product doesn't function properly

don't let's

Quote from: David on March 03, 2016, 10:23:14 AM
it's honestly very rare to get negative previews unless the product doesn't function properly
and even then it's all politics as to whether or not it gets called out

C.Mongler

DANG YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S 100% GONNA BE SHIT

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 02, 2016, 11:13:49 AM

lol well honestly it isn't so much that it's a $60 indie that i find problematic

it's the fact that it's a $60 indie from a developer with no reputation that seems to have about as much depth as those dime-a-dozen pretty walking simulators you can find on steam......... except with spaceships

it simply doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from other $20 indies

heck, as of now it would have a hard time justifying even a $20 price tag for me

there's not an ounce of depth apparent in no man's sky, and the fact that they have still yet to really elaborate beyond 'procedurally-generated space flight sim !!' is cause for alarm, especially if they have the gall to be charging $60

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkplUsR2z6E[/youtube]

'i wandered around aimlessly for a bit, uttered an inquisitive 'hm' at an arbitrary anomaly, and then left to do the same ad infinitum on some other generic planet'

'i hope it lives up to its expectations' is a euphemism for 'i fear this would become boring within an hour'

where is the $60 worth of depth here

what is the incentive for exploring beyond empty gazing at random objects

no man's sky would make an absolutely brilliant template for a game like mass effect or something, but as of right now it just seems like a framework without any inherent purpose of its own

i am so looking forward to seeing this game's metacritic scores lol

C.Mongler

THIS GAME ISN'T SOMETHING I WOULD BUY, SO NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO BUY IT

just don't buy it then dipshit jesus this isnt that hard of a concept lol if no one wants it for 60 its price will drop like a rock in a matter of weeks. christ lol

Go Up