April 17, 2024, 05:26:15 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

ME##

strongbad

Espoets and roguelikes
Only good games anymore

Kalahari Inkantation

an all-encompassing reflection of the sorry state of gaming:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-04-i-could-do-with-a-bit-more-money-yu-suzuki-on-the-return-of-shenmue

Quote from: yu suzuki, """father""" of the shenmue seriesI could do with a bit more money!

shenmue iii will prove to be the greatest scam since the trojan horse rolled into troy

this man has already suckered fools out of $6.3 million and he's still shamelessly begging for more

Perhaps the worst part, aside from the fact that """gamers""" will happily oblige, is that this is wholly sanctioned by $ony. awdood;

silvertone

Quote from: Tectron on October 05, 2015, 08:53:27 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-04-i-could-do-with-a-bit-more-money-yu-suzuki-on-the-return-of-shenmue

Quote from: yu suzuki, """father""" of the shenmue seriesI could do with a bit more money!

shenmue iii will prove to be the greatest scam since the trojan horse rolled into troy

this man has already suckered fools out of $6.3 million and he's still shamelessly begging for more

Perhaps the worst part, aside from the fact that """gamers""" will happily oblige, is that this is wholly sanctioned by $ony. awdood;
just quotin this post so you feel like a total idiot in 10 months

TooB

Quote from: Cunt Jackal on October 05, 2015, 11:55:27 PM

just quotin this post so you feel like a total idiot in 10 months
in 10 months when the game is "delayed."

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.slashgear.com/midora-game-out-of-funding-despite-successful-kickstarter-06408519/

yet another professional kicksharter scam artist who will suffer absolutely no consequences for conveniently """running out""" of $7o,ooo

QuoteIf you want to know exactly how much money we need to finish this game, I will tell you: between $120,000 and $150,000.

jesus christ

at this point, how could they expect anybody to believe that a penny of that would actually go into their nonexistent game

QuoteI would now like to address concerns that, while they are understandable, do not help our situation and give us a bad image. I feel it is time to be as transparent as possible and even give you actual numbers. Some people still believe that Midora is just "vaporware".

lol goonish

Quote from: Jojo on October 06, 2015, 09:50:04 AM
in 10 months when the game is "delayed."

this tbh

Kalahari Inkantation

October 06, 2015, 07:09:25 PM #7 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:12:54 PM by Tectron
more hilarious quotes:

QuoteThe game is complete on paper

lmao

QuoteWith $60,000 in our hands, it would have been rather easy to create an Early Access and go from there

oh my god

QuoteNot a single cent of that money was used to pay anything other than bills, food and development costs.

"bills" including his california mcmansion mortgage, his bmw payments, and his recent five-month stay in france

Thyme

aw man
i didn't fund it, but i was waiting for this one :(

bluaki

Is that Minish Cap's tileset just blatantly ripped? If so, maybe they do need that much money to survive Nintendo lawsuits.

Yes, making games can cost a lot of money, but one like that shouldn't, or at least not judging from the initial impression I get of its scope, unless you hire more staff than you need or pay them more than they should get or have some huge development problems that slow down progress way too much.

silvertone

it looks beter [graphic wise] than minish cap did

ME##

Honestly, if you think that's bad, go take a gander at how Star Citizen has stolen $80+ million from its backers in the form of crowdfunding and $400 spaceships

Kalahari Inkantation

and speaking of the sorry state of zelda:

the shameless devaluation of what was once gaming's most prestigious brand continues

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on October 29, 2015, 03:44:32 PM
and speaking of the sorry state of zelda:

the shameless devaluation of what was once gaming's most prestigious brand continues
i find it funny that a lot of the bad will toward zelda started with tp but it didn't start seeping into the review scores until wwhd

Go Up